Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Destroy the Denver Suckits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OImKP...eature=related

Go Mavs!!!!!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #42
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

As Nikki V once said F'EM.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #43
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

I don't wanna say how I feel about this game because I don't wanna bring bad mojo to the GDT.

Go Mavs!

Last edited by particleman; 05-05-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: On record as saying trolls should be ignored, so, edited in the spirit of not being a hypocrite
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #44
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
hahaha... Forgive us if we like to be optimistic about the Dallas Mavericks here on this Dallas Mavericks bulletin board, jackass.....
Hahaha lol
Old 05-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #45
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

My personal choice for Nugget-laid-on-his-back tonight and pretty much every other night would be J. R. Smith.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #46
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nope, but I've been thinking about setting up an account so I can meet more middle school children to expand my meth/crack empire...

(there's actually a lot of demand for my product in Denver these days...)
Awsome. I live in Hamburg. You know what ...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #47
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

If the rockets can steal 1 on the road, we sure as hell can. Lets go Mavs!

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #48
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think Carlisle needs to put Matt Carroll in the game... allow Kenyon to get a steal and go in and try and dunk it... tell Carroll to foul the SOB as hard as he possibly can. Don't go for the ball, but lay your elbow across his pumpkin head. (And Cuban should pick up the tab.) It's not like the Mavs need Carroll.

Game like this is when you need a DJ Benga to take one for the team.

Last edited by Bayliss; 05-05-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Personally I think Carlisle needs to put Matt Carroll in the game... allow Kenyon to get a steal and go in and try and dunk it... tell Carroll to foul the SOB as hard as he possibly can. Don't go for the ball, but lay your elbow across his pumpkin head. (And Cuban should pick up the tab.) It's not like the Mavs need Carroll.

Game like this is when you need a DJ Benga to take one for the team.
We'd be attending Matt Carroll's funeral tomorrow...

What about Devean George? He has a bit more girth to him and hasn't done squat to earn his paycheck since he c*ckblocked the Kidd/Harris trade - this would be a wonderful opportunity for redemption...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #50
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Good luck tonight Mavs fans. I expect it to be a heck of a game.

It will be interesting to see if Dallas trys to play more aggresive. My guess is that they will be.

I thought that Chris Anderson was the Nugget that gave Dirk the most fits...it will be interesting to see if he plays on him more tonight.

Best of luck...

GoNugs!
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #51
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

IMO our one tough guy that is our quietest guy and thats none other than mr. DAMP. If he decides to lay someone out then the Mavs will be in it, as many big guys as Denver has, I bet none of them will go against Damp. We have seen it before where Damp was challenged by people and just gave them that smile like " I would eat you alive", he needs to do the same to the Nuggs and watch them crumble.

GO MAVS...I expect a win tonite : )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #52
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
IMO our one tough guy that is our quietest guy and thats none other than mr. DAMP. If he decides to lay someone out then the Mavs will be in it, as many big guys as Denver has, I bet none of them will go against Damp. We have seen it before where Damp was challenged by people and just gave them that smile like " I would eat you alive", he needs to do the same to the Nuggs and watch them crumble.

GO MAVS...I expect a win tonite : )
This would be an opportune time for "Mr. Gonna-Put-Tony-Parker-On-His-Back" to step the frak up...

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #53
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This would be an opportune time for "Mr. Gonna-Put-Tony-Parker-On-His-Back" to step the frak up...
Well IMO what he did/said in the SA series helped this team. And if he can do anything close to that against the Nuggs then we should be good. Also FOUL HARD. IMO this should def. be said to Dirk, who we all know is slap happy. But the team as a whole needs to do it.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by mary; 05-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #54
Underdog

Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #55
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Tonight we just need to hit our shots, play some defense, and protect basketball. Let the chips fall where they may.

The whistles will be more balanced tonight.

Just hit the shots, play the D, and protect the rock. I want some brilliance out of Dirk. Not a good game, brilliance.. I also want Terry to make more of an imprint and a role player to step up. Hope Howard's ankle is healthy, we need him attacking!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #56
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!!!!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #57
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Jet needs to pick up the slack and Bass can't get owned by Birdman.

Also Kidd needs to keep doing what he did last game minus the turnovers because they weren't all his fault.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 05-05-2009 at 07:07 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #58
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

has josh said anything bout how his ankles are from the last game?
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #59
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
F'em.
We need the great nve quote on YouTube or somesuch.

Sooner or later...
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #60
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

we better win this one tonight.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #61
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I bet fans don't get to see the start of the Mavs-Nuggets game.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #62
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
Jet needs to pick up the slack and Bass can't get owned by Birdman.

Also Kidd needs to keep doing what he did last game minus the turnovers because they weren't all his fault.
Birdmann >>>> Bass soo thats not gonna happen.

WE need to work on getting the ball to Jet and Dirk a lot...over and over...i feel like we haven't been going to Jet much and its hurt us. When Josh is hott, go to him, but otherwise use Jet as the #2

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 05-05-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #63
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Dirk just got RIPPPED for what he said in that interview. I didnt catch the thing, but if h said what they are saying, he needs to stop talking

........GO MAVS
Old 05-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #64
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dirk just got RIPPPED for what he said in that interview. I didnt catch the thing, but if h said what they are saying, he needs to stop talking
What'd they say? Who are 'they'? I'm confused...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #65
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs are doooomed! I am soooo glooooomy tonight! So I accidentally left my cat on Lake Travis this past weekend... I live in south Austin and he showed up on my doorstep this morning... My cat---Where amazing happens! F-em Mavs!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #66
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I dont know how to find it, but they will probably show it again. He basically admitted that Kmart, Nene, Birdman can guard him and shut him down. I just dont think he should say that even if its not true

........GO MAVS
Old 05-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #67
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
What'd they say? Who are 'they'? I'm confused...
On TNT, the had a quick sound bite from Dirk. He spoke of the Denver's defense, particularly Birdman and Kmart, and how they give him a hard time with their length and strength. He pretty much gave them props even though he didn't say anythingg about hitting them with 28 pts.

When they came back to the crew of Ernie, CWebb Kenny Smith and Barkley, the 3 players were beside themselves because Dirk "admitted" that Denver and Co. can stop him and that he was "scared". They thought that no elite player should think or say that anyone can stop them.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #68
particleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig View Post
On TNT, the had a quick sound bite from Dirk. He spoke of the Denver's defense, particularly Birdman and Kmart, and how they give him a hard time with their length and strength. He pretty much gave them props even though he didn't say anythingg about hitting them with 28 pts.

When they came back to the crew of Ernie, CWebb Kenny Smith and Barkley, the 3 players were beside themselves because Dirk "admitted" that Denver and Co. can stop him and that he was "scared". They thought that no elite player should think or say that anyone can stop them.

F--k TNT!! I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the amount of time they spend talking baseless trash about Dallas will exceed the amount of time they spend airing the first quarter of the game.

Ugh... My blood pressure is already up and I haven't even tuned in yet....
Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #69
particleman

Quote:
I dont know how to find it, but they will probably show it again. He basically admitted that Kmart, Nene, Birdman can guard him and shut him down. I just dont think he should say that even if its not true
As long as Dirk is dropping 28-10-4 and shooting over 50% he can say whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #70
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

While I agree that TNT sucks, I also agree that Dirk shouldnt have said that. He should have said that they played good D, but that he should have made some of the shots he missed and that next time he will.

........GO MAVS
Old 05-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #71
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

He did not say they "shut him down". He said they do a good job. Pay no attention to this mav fans this is b.s. Memo to cwebb dirk isn't from Detroit. He's not from the "hood". Mav fans know dirk and this will not effect him.

Dirks a better player than cwebb or Barkley ever were. Suck it TNT
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #72
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig View Post

Oh My God!!!!!!!! Did you hear those assh@les? (The've "never heard a great player say someone can guard them".) I'm SOOOO upset about How they were talking about Dirk. I'm a Big Kenny Smith Fan, I think he's really thoughtful sometimes, but AM I LOSING MY MIND? Have I never heard Kobe say that a player plays good hard defense against him, or Jordan, or Bird, or Hakeem??????? Yhey DON"T RESPECT DIRK AND WHEN YOUR A FAN OF HIS THAT MAKES YOUR WANNA HIT SOMEONE WITH A F@CKING CHAIR!! This is why I wanted to get Artest. HE's the type of player Dirk needs on his side, an GOON to do his DIRTY WORK. I SWEAR, DAMP OR SOMEBODY BETTER LAY CHAUNCEY BILLUPS OUT TONIGHT. NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET EASY LAY UPS LIKE NENE DID IN THE 1st GAME. LIKE TONY PARKER DID IN THE 1st SERIES. ESPECIALLY THE WAY THEY USED DIRK AS A PUNCHING BAG.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #73
Bayliss

Quote:
While I agree that TNT sucks, I also agree that Dirk shouldnt have said that. He should have said that they played good D, but that he should have made some of the shots he missed and that next time he will.
Dirk also said after Game 1 against SA in the 2006 series that he would have to take what is there, that Bowen can guard him, etc.

Personally I think Dirk is just playing some games. But I guess we will see.

Last edited by Bayliss; 05-05-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #74
peppersquad

Quote:
Black guys have trouble admitting certain things like someone playing good d on them or whatever. Dirks not that guy. He's an MVP.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #75
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

link?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #76
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

stop puking in this thread..
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #77
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersquad View Post
Black guys have trouble admitting certain things like someone playing good d on them or whatever. Dirks not that guy. He's an MVP.
and you know this because of the studies you've conducted on the matter, right?

or maybe you're just... stereotyping?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #78
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
From DB.COM

We’ve got your referees for tonight’s Mavs-at-Thuggets Game 2; the NBA is apparently shipping in a crew from Ireland! And we’ve got some disturbing numbers on Game 1 crew chief Danny Crawford, who is increasingly looking like anything but the Mavs’ lucky charm.

First to tonight’s trio: It’s McCutchen, Callahan and Malloy (“Ah, they’re all One of Us!’’ as ol' Grandma Murphy would say).

Next, to the water-under-the-bridge of Danny Crawford’s Game 1 presence, where Dallas shot 13 free throws and Denver shot 36, where allegedly “soft’’ Dallas committed 29 fouls while Denver shot 19.

Is all that, adding up to the Mavs’ 109-95 loss supervised by Crawford, all just coincidence.

Sure. Maybe.

But. …

*As we pointed out before Sunday’s Game 1, in Mavs playoffs games worked by Crawford from 2001-to-2005, the Mavs record was 0-8. (Those years, Dallas was 41-37 in games NOT worked by Crawford.)
*Now we’re updated to this additional info: Since 2001, the Mavs are 53-50 overall in playoffs. Dallas record when Crawford is NOT working the game is 52-35. Dallas’ record when Crawford IS working the Mavs game is. … 1-15.
*Want more? The one Mavs win under Crawford’s watch was in the 2006 Phoenix series, a Dallas blowout victory. Also in 2006, in the NBA Finals, guess who worked Game 3 against the Heat, when Dwyane Wade was allowed to shoot as many FTs (18) as the entire Mavs team made, all leading to Dallas’ two-point loss? That would be Danny Crawford. And in Game 5, when the Mavs lost by one point? And Wade shot 25 free throws, again the same number shot by the entire Mavs team?

Danny Crawford strikes again.

Seriously, Danny Crawford is the damned Grim Reaper.

*And then there is the statistical likelihood of what it all means (thanks, Ole and Butternut):

Dallas’ playoff winning percentage without Danny Crawford is 59.77 percent.
Plug the numbers into this StatTrek website:
Use the following formula:
n = 15: the number of games officiated by Danny
k = 1: the number of wins when officiated by Danny
p = 0.5977: the probability that a win will occur without Danny -- our best inference of p is the games officiated by other crews.
What will you find?
That the probability that the extreme number of losses occurred by random chance is 0.0026078 percent.
Thus, 2.6 times in every 100,000 occurrences would one expect this situation to present randomly.
My man Ole is not a statistician (nor am I). But he does medical research for a living and he notes, “To be considered non-random, most medical treatments need to show that there is less than a five-percent chance that the results of the studies were random.

The results say Danny Crawford managed a 0.0026078-percent chance that he has accurately officiated the Mavs’ playoff games. And if you play with this Vassar site http://faculty.vassar.edu/lowry/binomialX.html it will suggest that the probability that Danny Crawford “influenced’’ the results of these games is 99.999 percent.
I’ll let you be the judge of what it all means, of whether Chancellor Stern might should do something about this, and whether the Mavs should not concern themselves with such material and just go play.
But I will say this, about Game 2: Thank God for the Irishmen
lol, nice.

GO MAVS!
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #79
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it's 2 games in a row where we will miss the start of it.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #80
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Looks like it's 2 games in a row where we will miss the start of it.
seriously the way they schedule these games is beyond ri-f***ing-diculous

Tags
gdt 08/09, i got that syphillis, jjb lost this game, jjb's fault - cadbane, oops - got herpes!, swine flu is needed, syphilis needed, whats syphillis?