Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-03-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Ranger's Draft

Holy crap! We took a pitcher! And he lives in Round Rock. Put him on a plane; can he pitch tomorrow?

Rangers tab Round Rock southpaw
06/04/2003

By RICHARD DURRETT / Dallas Web Staff

The Rangers selected left-handed pitcher John Danks with the ninth overall pick in Tuesday’s Major League Baseball first-year player draft.

Danks, a 6-foot-2, 175-pound 18-year-old, pitched for Round Rock High School this past season and signed early with the University of Texas. His velocity climbed above 90 mph in the past year and he has a sinker and curveball to go along with his fastball.

Danks was the third consecutive left-handed pitcher taken in the draft. Nick Markakis was the first southpaw selected by Baltimore with the seventh pick. Pittsburgh took Paul Maholm, another lefty, with the eighth pick and then Danks at ninth to the Rangers.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2003, 02:47 PM   #2
COOLJAZZ

COOLJAZZ is on a distinguished road
Default Ranger's Draft

I just hope the Rangers were not reaching for pitching. It'd be nice to have a Mark Pryor type guy for a change. There is still a ton of rounds left to go. Maybe we get lucky and find like 3-4 stud pitchers?
Old 06-03-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ranger's Draft

I give this pick two thumbs, way up! I predict great things for Danks. I just hope the Ranger farm system pitching hoax doesn't get him.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:12 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ranger's Draft

You guys will love what Danks brings, but he is young. He will need at least 2 seasons before he can think about the majors. Our second pick, Sinisi out of Rice is amazing. He is a sophomore though and typically it has been hard to sign underclassmen out of Rice. Plus his agent is Scott Boras. Ugh.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:46 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ranger's Draft

I do not know much about this guy but any pitcher is welcome.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:40 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ranger's Draft

If you want to see him, tune in to the State baseball playoffs. He's pitching this week.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:54 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Ranger's Draft

Its still a dangerous propostion taking a pitcher in the first round. Too bad we didn't take mark prior instead of mark texiera two years ago.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:51 PM   #8
Re-Dirkilous

Re-Dirkilous is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Ranger's Draft

I think it was a great pick but some think it was to much of a risk