Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2005, 05:46 PM   #81
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bradley seen dancing in the streets?

I've said this many times but kareem was a practioner of the martial arts, I've always felt that shawns lack of balance was really the only thing holding him back. I'd love to ask someone who knows him well why he didn't try to address that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #82
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about

I find it funny how this thread died after March 23rd. Is that because Shawn reverted back to his inconsistent self. Can't blame Nellie for that anymore.

What suprises me, is that everyone on this thread has sided with Bradley over Nellie. I may be wrong, but didn't Nellie take us to the playoffs for the first time in a decade? Didn't he resurrect us from one of the worst sports franchises of the 90's? I'm not saying that Nellie was the greatest, I just don't understand all the excuses everyone is so ready to give Bradley. Is he a nice guy? Yes. Was he a great basketball player? I think even the Bradley sympathizers would have to say no.

Bradley has no one to blame but himself. When he played well, he got the minutes. When he mailed it in, he got benched. He had every opportunity to be a contributor on two teams before he got to Dallas but those teams were more than happy to get rid of him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Bradley. I just see him for what he was, a marginal player at best!! His biggest fault was that he had absolutely no passion for the game. Maybe I'm wrong to want that from a guy who get's paid 6 million a year, but that's just me. It's not just Bradley with which I have this problem. I have a hard time respecting T-Mac or Vince Carter when they say they didn't give it there all b/c they were on a losing team. Maybe if they had given it there all, they wouldn't have been on losing teams. Isn't that what professional means?
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem everyone had imo is that bradley sat on the bench all the while that nelson and aj(in the playoffs) whined about not having a center. It seemed to me that having a center out there was always better than not having one. I never thought that shawn was a great center, but I thought he was always a better option than dirk.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #84
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

DUDE, I agree with you mostly, but when I saw yet another coach decide "no center" was better on the floor than Shawn, I concluded that they (from seeing everything that we dont know) probably knew better. Avery had no hesitation to use a center, but after using him for a while, he decided it was a bad idea. Nellie did the same. It was easy to think Nellie hated centers, but in hindsight maybe it was merely that he decided against his wishes that Big Shawn was (more often than not) Bad Shawn. ~shrugs~
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #85
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Bradley seen dancing in the streets?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavs Maniac
I find it funny how this thread died after March 23rd. Is that because Shawn reverted back to his inconsistent self. Can't blame Nellie for that anymore.

What suprises me, is that everyone on this thread has sided with Bradley over Nellie. I may be wrong, but didn't Nellie take us to the playoffs for the first time in a decade? Didn't he resurrect us from one of the worst sports franchises of the 90's? I'm not saying that Nellie was the greatest, I just don't understand all the excuses everyone is so ready to give Bradley. Is he a nice guy? Yes. Was he a great basketball player? I think even the Bradley sympathizers would have to say no.

Bradley has no one to blame but himself. When he played well, he got the minutes. When he mailed it in, he got benched. He had every opportunity to be a contributor on two teams before he got to Dallas but those teams were more than happy to get rid of him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Bradley. I just see him for what he was, a marginal player at best!! His biggest fault was that he had absolutely no passion for the game. Maybe I'm wrong to want that from a guy who get's paid 6 million a year, but that's just me. It's not just Bradley with which I have this problem. I have a hard time respecting T-Mac or Vince Carter when they say they didn't give it there all b/c they were on a losing team. Maybe if they had given it there all, they wouldn't have been on losing teams. Isn't that what professional means?
Dirk, Nash and Fin took the Mavs to the playoffs. By that point, Nellie was just along for the ride.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #86
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

How did we acquire Dirk and Nash?
Old 07-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #87
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Phil Helmuth
How did we acquire Dirk and Nash?
Hence the words 'by that point'.

Mix in some reading comprehension. It'll help you out later in life.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:08 PM   #88
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Pirate
DUDE, I agree with you mostly, but when I saw yet another coach decide "no center" was better on the floor than Shawn, I concluded that they (from seeing everything that we dont know) probably knew better. Avery had no hesitation to use a center, but after using him for a while, he decided it was a bad idea. Nellie did the same. It was easy to think Nellie hated centers, but in hindsight maybe it was merely that he decided against his wishes that Big Shawn was (more often than not) Bad Shawn. ~shrugs~

Just because Nellie was wrong consistently doesn't lend any more credence to him sitting shawn.

And at the end of the season I don't know what the heck avery was thinking either. Just re-looked at shawns minutes and leading up to the playoffs he was getting about 15 or so minutes. Once the playoffs started nothing, even though our starting center was on the bench.

Avery seemed to go brain-dead in these playoffs. Maybe dirk was talking about avery when he was questioning the teams basketball IQ.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:18 PM   #89
Mavs Maniac

Mavs Maniac has a spectacular aura aboutMavs Maniac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
[i] Dirk, Nash and Fin took the Mavs to the playoffs. By that point, Nellie was just along for the ride.
So Nellie gets no credit for acquiring Dirk or Nash?

Are you saying that Nellie made a better GM than coach? I might have to agree with you on that one. Even so, you'd have to give him credit for orchestrating the team that finally got us to the playoffs, right?
Mavs Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote