Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The TNT Thread

Since we all like to rant about them anyways....

Kenny Smith just said Camby was a "much better" center "than Yao Ming".

Put up your best Kenny, Fatso and Magic garbage here....enjoy.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #2
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually he said that Camby was the best center in the West and better then Yao Ming before he got hurt...not really that outrageous.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Check your email Doc.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:50 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Actually he said that Camby was the best center in the West and better then Yao Ming before he got hurt...not really that outrageous.
Well if that were the context I would agree that it is debateable. I didn't hear it all I guess. Just off the cuff.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Check your email Doc.

Can't....that service is down this week. They are changing out mail servers or something. I sent you a pm with a temp that is up and running for now.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 01:53 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:00 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't check my pm's at all. I'm still getting the error message from before.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Go to your user CP like you do to check rep and you will see a link to your pm's.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I can't check my pm's at all. I'm still getting the error message from before.
Same here.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:05 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

MFF- send me a pm....I can read them. I just sent a test email to that other and it is slow.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:06 AM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Go to your user CP like you do to check rep and you will see a link to your pm's.
Sweet. I didn't see that before and let me tell you I was looking all over the freaking place sure I'd find a way in.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:06 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Glad to help......You try it too mary.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #12
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment...but I can't access or send PM's even through the User Control Panel.

Doc, I somehow was able to read your PM yesterday, but I got the error message when I responded, whether I was replying to your PM or just sending a new one. Its just flat not working for me.

So everyone look away while I use this thread to send a PM to doc

Thanks for the PM Doc. Everything is going pretty good on this end. Its good to hear I was missed I have a couple of night classes during the week, which of course inteferes with important Mavs viewing. I hope everything is going well in Waco.

Mary

To the rest of the board, you may now resume your regularly scheduled programming.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-03-2006 at 10:47 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line for me, is that in or out of that context, I would agree that Marcus Camby is a better center than Yao. Camby can knock down the 20-footer or take it right to the rack, not to mention he rebounds like a bloodthirsty hyena and blocks anything thrown up into his time zone.

Yao meanwhile... is 7'6" with a pretty decent midrange fadeaway shot, but doesn't rebound as much as he should or block any shots at all.. I'd say he's a top 5 center, but only be default. I've never seen a big man turn so many 4-foot layups into 12-foot fadeaway jumpshots in my life..
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

(can't get to pm's either way)

This season Camby has been better than yao...the stats don't lie.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

LOL mary...

ok spreedom I'll bite. Rank your top 5 centers. If you ask most, Camby would not appear in asuch a list, although I agree that he is a solid center (as a fan of the nuggets).
Old 02-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #16
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
LOL mary...

ok spreedom I'll bite. Rank your top 5 centers. If you ask most, Camby would not appear in asuch a list, although I agree that he is a solid center (as a fan of the nuggets).
i'll bite.

1. shaq
2. dampier
3. diop
4. mbenga
5. mikki moore.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #17
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

1.) Shaq
2.) Dwight Howard (he has been playing mostly center minutes this season)
3.) Brad Miller
4.) Camby
5.) Big Z

Yao makes the list if Dwight Howard isn't considered a 5.. but he plays exactly like one and is the only big in Orlando with a pulse.. I expect by this time next year he'll be the best 5 in the league as long as he sticks with the position.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Good one AEx....

spree- again, a top 5 list is subjective but when all players are healthy...and please know that I am a huge Nuggets fan, I still don't put him above Yao. It isn't a huge separation but certainly I wouldn't call him "much better". One thing to remember and confounding thing is that some guys aren't listed as centers who end up playing the 5. Anyways....here is mine.

1. Shaq
2. Ben Wallace (Can't believe you didn't have him listed)
3. Yao Ming
4. Marcus Camby
5. Big Z

it drops off after that.....Miller, Magliorre, Curry, Damp, Dalembert, and others are really in a second tier....

I didn't really consider Howard a 5....otherwise he would be up in my top 5 probably inserting above Camby and dropping Z down to 6.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-03-2006 at 02:47 PM.