Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Murph, didn't you go to school in Sanger? I reckon we should make a 5A/3A distinction here.
I went to two different schools... Spent a three years in one high school and one at another.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The three years...3A?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yep.. and 1 year at 5A (part of one, at least)
Regardless, none of it challenged me nearly as much as what I had when attending a class A school earlier in my education. That school system was balls to the wall when it came to expectations from their students.

I had the weird distinction of living long periods of my youth (pre college) in three different places almost equally... a class A place, a 3A, and a 5A.

Last edited by Murphy3; 03-14-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #44
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How do you figure that your one year in 5A was almost equal to the stints in the smaller schools?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

I was in the 5A school system previous to high school.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #46
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Are we operating under the assumption that home schooled kids are at home all day? With only their immediate family? If you only know about a small segment of the home schooled population, why ignorantly attack the whole?

How many hours a week are necessary for “social education”? Can it only take place in rooms of people in the same age group? Would jobs, or extracurricular activities, or outside classes and labs count at all?

I was home schooled (6th through 12th grade). We weren’t Wiccan and we didn’t play blue grass music. I majored in the sciences in college as did several other home schooled people I grew up with. My colleagues and social circles don’t seem to think I’m stunted or weird, and you might think their judgment means something since they weren’t home schooled and have cool jobs.

Last edited by Smiles; 03-17-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #47
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

my kiddos were home schooled.

One got a degree in physics at ut...nothing weird at all. Currently doing software for a canadian company.

Daughter is currently on full scholarship at San Fran Art Institute. She's kinda weird but in an arty way.

More snobbery being voiced than anything else imo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dude's thread = epic fail, false dialectic, husband trumps wife, snape kills dumbledore, streeeeeetttccchhhhhh