Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 12-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #121
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

This is not a good shooting team. Everyone plays with the same ball so let's get that excuse out of the way early. What the fuck happened to guys who normally can shoot it, supported by large sample sizes? There's hope of gravitating to the mean here, but they've shot themselves in such a hole to start the season.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2021, 07:39 PM   #122
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
This is not a good shooting team. Everyone plays with the same ball so let's get that excuse out of the way early. What the fuck happened to guys who normally can shoot it, supported by large sample sizes? There's hope of gravitating to the mean here, but they've shot themselves in such a hole to start the season.
The guys the Mavs have been relying on for the past 3+ years are not NBA starting caliber players. Most are one trick ponies with limited skillsets. Also, they aren't as young as they used to be, so they are on the downhill side of their prime physical condition/skills. What we saw a couple of years ago was nothing more than a happy coincidence of several spare parts who shot at career high levels. Those happy days are behind them. None of those players will ever be as productive or efficient as they were then. That's reality. I'm talking about the non-Luka, KP, Brunson players like THJ, Maxi, Powell, DFS.

Last edited by turin; 12-13-2021 at 07:43 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #123
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
The guys the Mavs have been relying on for the past 3+ years are not NBA starting caliber players. Most are one trick ponies with limited skillsets. Also, they aren't as young as they used to be, so they are on the downhill side of their prime physical condition/skills. What we saw a couple of years ago was nothing more than a happy coincidence of several spare parts who shot at career high levels. Those happy days are behind them. None of those players will ever be as productive or efficient as they were then. That's reality. I'm talking about the non-Luka, KP, Brunson players like THJ, Maxi, Powell, DFS.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just simply pointing out we have guys who have shown to be really good 3pt shooters over their careers and have just shit the bed here. It could def be a roster construction issue as you allude to, as perhaps these guys thrived in lesser roles and now we have an assortment of them.
Old 12-21-2021, 05:30 PM   #124
FredAsh49

FredAsh49 is on a distinguished road

Cant be that hard to find another DFS. that was a steal.
FredAsh49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:42 PM   #125
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredAsh49 View Post
Cant be that hard to find another DFS. that was a steal.
Yeah, I bet it’s pretty easy to find undrafted players and develop them into a starter on a playoff team. I wonder why all teams don’t do that?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:18 AM   #126
saclare
Platinum Member

Sheesh I'm sure these numbers have shifted quite a bit over the last 2-3 weeks. Did the Mavs finally find their shooting stroke(s)?
Old 01-12-2022, 10:25 PM   #127
saclare
Platinum Member

Looks like I jinxed them in the worst way. Ew.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:53 PM   #128
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Looks like I jinxed them in the worst way. Ew.
naw Luka was shooting below 30% before you posted LOL

On a serious note he's shooting like 38% overall in the last 4-5 games

But I noticed that mainly do to his terrible 3 point shooting. He should be used more in the post until he gets in better shape and even then his overall attempts on 3's should still be around 4-5 per game which can make him more efficient.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:06 PM   #129
DannyFortsonBakedPotato
Banned

DannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these partsDannyFortsonBakedPotato is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
naw Luka was shooting below 30% before you posted LOL

On a serious note he's shooting like 38% overall in the last 4-5 games

But I noticed that mainly do to his terrible 3 point shooting. He should be used more in the post until he gets in better shape and even then his overall attempts on 3's should still be around 4-5 per game which can make him more efficient.
At least Luka is missing contested threes. THJ, Kleber, and co. are missing WIDE OPEN threes. DFS is the "best" three-point shooter on the team, which is pretty sad. I believe I saw a stat that he leads the NBA in wide open three attempts. When you shoot that many wide open looks, ideally you should be over 40%. KP, THJ, and Brunson have fallen off a cliff from three too. At least Brunson and KP have been otherwise good. THJ is utterly worthless.
DannyFortsonBakedPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 02:42 PM   #130
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Soon... Dirk will have them all breathing through their eyes! Watch all of their percentages flourish!
Dinwiddie - 41%
Powell - 39%
Brunson - 39%
DFS - 38.4%

Kleber - 36%
Bullock - 36%
Green - 35%
Bertans - 34%
Frank - 34%
S. Brown - 34%
THJ - 34%
Boban - 33%
Chriss - 33%
Luka - 33%
Burke - 33%

You weren't wrong. Mavs have been on a tear

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-07-2022 at 02:42 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:55 AM   #131
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dinwiddie - 41%
Powell - 39%
Brunson - 39%
DFS - 38.4%

Kleber - 36%
Bullock - 36%
Green - 35%
Bertans - 34%
Frank - 34%
S. Brown - 34%
THJ - 34%
Boban - 33%
Chriss - 33%
Luka - 33%
Burke - 33%

You weren't wrong. Mavs have been on a tear
Dinwiddie with another amazing night and is now up to 45% on threes
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #132
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Dinwiddie with another amazing night and is now up to 45% on threes
Im just waiting for that number to come back down some. I hope it doesnt happen in the first round. I still expect him upper 30s near 40.

Last edited by Melonhead; 03-08-2022 at 11:59 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:05 PM   #133
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Im just waiting for that number to come back down some. I hope it doesnt happen in the first round. I still expect him upper 30s near 40.
Doesn't really matter as much though because of our three point shooters and the fact that he drives the ball relentlessly. I believe I saw a stat on twitter that showed we are number 1 in drives since the trade.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote