works with Realgm

Dallas gets bigger and stronger in the frontcourt
Denver gets a young backcourt tandum for the future
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas - Denver

I like this one a little better:

Outgoing

Marquis Daniels
6-6 SG from Auburn
9.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23.5 minutes
Incoming

Eduardo Najera
6-8 SF from Oklahoma
6.9 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 22.1 minutes

Francisco Elson
7-0 C from California
3.7 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 14.0 minutes

No need to move Harris (unless they really don't see a future in him) in which case, I'll take the first trade. Right now, I see more need for Harris than Nene.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I don't see the point in any of these trades. Like Dalmatians said DH is more valuable to the mavs than Nene since we desperately need a pg for the future and seem to be set at the 4/5 although a active backup wouldn't hurt. Also I just don't get the reasoning behind trading Daniels away for very little, he's going to be a huge part of our future.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

The more I think of it,
Najera/Elson for either Daniels or Bradley makes lots of sense. I am not sure that Denver would do it for either, but maybe.

Elson is young and might be that athletic shotblocking presence needed. Henderson this year, provided us nothing more than exactly what Najera had for years. Yes, Najera played post defense at times as well, and did just about the same job.

I don't know about moving Daniels because he does have an upside -- but how does he develop with Terry, Harris, Stackhouse, Fin, Howard, KVH, and Dirk all possibly taking up some of the 96 minutes available to the 2 and 3 positions? Something has to give.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

I'd welcome a trade with Denver featuring Earl or Melo, but pretty much no one else..
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Was Devin Harris a typo? You trade DH and you better be getting back someone that is immediately your starting SG and 2nd best player (ie Michael Redd type).

I like Nene, Elson, and Najera as realistic guys to get off of their roster but I wouldn't trade DH for anyone on their roster to be quite honest.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote