Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Dallas/New York

Would you? Here's one for the Fin bashers...

Dallas Trades:
Finley
Abdul-Wahad

Dallas receives from New York:
Penny Hardaway
Malik Rose

Dallas gives up the best player in the deal, but get back a huge salary break after the season when Penny's contract expires. They also get valuable frontcourt help.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dallas/New York

Even Isiah Thomas isnt stupid enough to add that kind of salary for the next few years. Getting out from under Penny's contract is going to be huge for NY... they wont trade it jus so they can have 3 more years of it. TAW is nothing but dead weight. I cant see this happening.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 01:21 AM   #3
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas/New York

I would love it, New York would be stupid to do that though.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 05:34 AM   #4
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

So there is a fair chance that it could happen, isn't there...?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
KennyDirk

KennyDirk is on a distinguished road

how about sending KVH to New york for Malik Rose....Isiah wanted KVH and Malik would be a beast on the board if he was here..plus he does have a relation wiht Avery so it would be something win win on both sides....he is athletic can play 4 or 5. I remember him posterizing Bradley 2 years ago....i also remember his energy....
Old 05-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #6
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Van Horn has been to New York before. It didn't work out at all. He's not going back. Bad fit for him and the team.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas/New York

The only play I can see with NY is for a three way for Bradley to go somewhere, someone to go to New York, and Kurt Thomas to come to Dallas. Other than that, I don't see anything with NY that Dallas should be looking at.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #8
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Does Bradley for Malik not work out. I know it has to be close. I mean, is it not within the 15% rule for the CBA. I think Mark would throw one of those 3Mil. in there to make it happen. I would do this trade in a heartbeat.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote