Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #81
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE: Vetern Christie Weighing Future with Mavs

Aren't DJ and Deke very good friends? That would be an awesome influence on DJ.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #82
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Old 08-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #83
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Vetern Christie Weighing Future with Mavs

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
if you count dikembo being his dad, yes =p

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #84
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
if you count dikembo being his dad, yes =p

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #85
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I sort of glimpse through this thread and I think V2M might've brought it up but why in the hell are we giving him 3 million? I thought this guy was a free agent that we were trying ot obtain. He's been cut by the Magic so he will still see his 8 million. No part of our mid-level exception should be used to get such a question mark. I'm telling you guys right now that there are going to be a lot of guys outt here who will get cut who can come in and contribute for the Mavs right now and we should try to put off on using that mid-level as much as we can. We give Christie 3 mill and that leaves us with how much of our mid-level? Is it 4.9 or 5.9 this year?
What happened to using the MLE to get Steven Hunter? Apparently I haven't been keeping up lately.
Do we plan on using our whole exception on Hunter? I was thinking more of the 3 mill range they are trying to get Christie for.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #86
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I sort of glimpse through this thread and I think V2M might've brought it up but why in the hell are we giving him 3 million? I thought this guy was a free agent that we were trying ot obtain. He's been cut by the Magic so he will still see his 8 million. No part of our mid-level exception should be used to get such a question mark. I'm telling you guys right now that there are going to be a lot of guys outt here who will get cut who can come in and contribute for the Mavs right now and we should try to put off on using that mid-level as much as we can. We give Christie 3 mill and that leaves us with how much of our mid-level? Is it 4.9 or 5.9 this year?
What happened to using the MLE to get Steven Hunter? Apparently I haven't been keeping up lately.
Do we plan on using our whole exception on Hunter? I was thinking more of the 3 mill range they are trying to get Christie for.

1996-2005
Old 08-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #87
alby
Guru

Hunter is a more important pickup than Christie short-term AND long-term...

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #88
alby
Guru

Hunter is a more important pickup than Christie short-term AND long-term...

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #89
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it not against the rules to be talking about contract offers to a guy who is still under contract with another team? I thought that sort of thing was strictly prohibited.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #90
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it not against the rules to be talking about contract offers to a guy who is still under contract with another team? I thought that sort of thing was strictly prohibited.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 PM   #91
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=doug+christie+wife/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=12i6b14c4/EXP=1123881080/*-http%3A//www.sacmag.com/archive/April2003/images/article3_sm.jpg[/img]

And for those who would like to dress like Mrs. Christie...................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Fashion link
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 PM   #92
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=doug+christie+wife/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=12i6b14c4/EXP=1123881080/*-http%3A//www.sacmag.com/archive/April2003/images/article3_sm.jpg[/img]

And for those who would like to dress like Mrs. Christie...................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Fashion link
Old 08-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #93
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
There seems to be a lot of grey area when dealing with agents. It's like Cuban said, how could Richard Sarver and Amare Stoudamire show up at Nash's house as soon as the signing period began if it wasn't pre-planned? As long as nothing's in writing, it's next to impossible to prove.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #94
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
There seems to be a lot of grey area when dealing with agents. It's like Cuban said, how could Richard Sarver and Amare Stoudamire show up at Nash's house as soon as the signing period began if it wasn't pre-planned? As long as nothing's in writing, it's next to impossible to prove.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #95
alby
Guru

And this one time amnesty clause this summer doesn't help the "ethics" of free agency.

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #96
alby
Guru

And this one time amnesty clause this summer doesn't help the "ethics" of free agency.

Contact Me
Old 08-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #97
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3306916

Rockets re-sign Barry, meet Mutombo's terms
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

The Rockets went a long way toward bringing back the remaining unsigned parts of last season's nucleus, signing guard Jon Barry and agreeing to terms with center Dikembe Mutombo today.

Barry signed a one-year, $1.8 million contract with plans to finish his career with the Rockets as his father, Hall of Famer Rick Barry, did.

Mutombo said he agreed to a two-year deal, also to complete his career.

"Houston was where I will be happy and be comfortable," Mutombo said. "Houston was one place I feel I was home. I have great teammates and great coaches. Money was not that important to me. I feel I made good money in my career. So I'm going to sign a deal and be happy here."

Mutombo said he would likely not sign until late next week. He will serve as "Honorary Commissioner on Monday for the United Nation's and New York City International Youth Day events.

But Mutombo, who had received offers from several teams including the Mavericks, said he had decided he wanted to be in Houston to complete his career and his work on building a hospital in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

"Houston is wonderful with great people," Mutombo, 39, said. "I have a chance to be in an organization that accepts what I'm doing in the community and embraced it. People came to the games and understand my devotion, my passion, which is helping people. I have a chance to help the team and to be with teammates who have been so good in my life and Jeff (Van Gundy), who I respect so much as such a great coach.

"I will play my two years and say bye to everybody. That's what I want to do. I'm going to start preparing myself mentally for that. I don't want to play my last year and make the decision (to retire) and think, 'why am I home?' I'm going to work for two years and be blessed with another project, another adventure."

Mutombo, who averaged four points and 5.3 rebounds, was often a huge contributor off the bench for the Rockets, along with Barry.

Barry, 36, was acquired from the Hawks on Dec. 23. Intending to retire after one season in Atlanta, Barry averaged seven points and 2.6 points last season and said he planned to retire with the Rockets, though not necessarily with one more season.

But Barry's immediate plans were to go farther than the Rockets could go last season when they were beaten in a seven-game, first-round series.

"I think there's no reason why we can't make a run at this thing," Barry said. "Last, if Juwan (Howard) was healthy, I think our season would have ended up different. I think we would have gotten by that first-round series and advanced. With the addition of Stromile (Swift) and hopefully with Juwan healthy, I see no reason we can't do something special. All the pieces are here."
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #98
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3306916

Rockets re-sign Barry, meet Mutombo's terms
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

The Rockets went a long way toward bringing back the remaining unsigned parts of last season's nucleus, signing guard Jon Barry and agreeing to terms with center Dikembe Mutombo today.

Barry signed a one-year, $1.8 million contract with plans to finish his career with the Rockets as his father, Hall of Famer Rick Barry, did.

Mutombo said he agreed to a two-year deal, also to complete his career.

"Houston was where I will be happy and be comfortable," Mutombo said. "Houston was one place I feel I was home. I have great teammates and great coaches. Money was not that important to me. I feel I made good money in my career. So I'm going to sign a deal and be happy here."

Mutombo said he would likely not sign until late next week. He will serve as "Honorary Commissioner on Monday for the United Nation's and New York City International Youth Day events.

But Mutombo, who had received offers from several teams including the Mavericks, said he had decided he wanted to be in Houston to complete his career and his work on building a hospital in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

"Houston is wonderful with great people," Mutombo, 39, said. "I have a chance to be in an organization that accepts what I'm doing in the community and embraced it. People came to the games and understand my devotion, my passion, which is helping people. I have a chance to help the team and to be with teammates who have been so good in my life and Jeff (Van Gundy), who I respect so much as such a great coach.

"I will play my two years and say bye to everybody. That's what I want to do. I'm going to start preparing myself mentally for that. I don't want to play my last year and make the decision (to retire) and think, 'why am I home?' I'm going to work for two years and be blessed with another project, another adventure."

Mutombo, who averaged four points and 5.3 rebounds, was often a huge contributor off the bench for the Rockets, along with Barry.

Barry, 36, was acquired from the Hawks on Dec. 23. Intending to retire after one season in Atlanta, Barry averaged seven points and 2.6 points last season and said he planned to retire with the Rockets, though not necessarily with one more season.

But Barry's immediate plans were to go farther than the Rockets could go last season when they were beaten in a seven-game, first-round series.

"I think there's no reason why we can't make a run at this thing," Barry said. "Last, if Juwan (Howard) was healthy, I think our season would have ended up different. I think we would have gotten by that first-round series and advanced. With the addition of Stromile (Swift) and hopefully with Juwan healthy, I see no reason we can't do something special. All the pieces are here."
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #99
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

I heard mutumbo's deal is for 3mil/yr, and he turned down a bigger offer from the mavs. That, along with Barry's 1-year 1.8 mil deal, is pretty cheap.

BTW, Doug Christie would be a perfect pickup for the mavs. Cheap, talented defensively, and can hit the open three. He just needs to stay healthy.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #100
MrCheerios

I heard mutumbo's deal is for 3mil/yr, and he turned down a bigger offer from the mavs. That, along with Barry's 1-year 1.8 mil deal, is pretty cheap.

BTW, Doug Christie would be a perfect pickup for the mavs. Cheap, talented defensively, and can hit the open three. He just needs to stay healthy.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #101
chumdawg
Guru

Where you hear that, Cheerios? I suppose that means the Mavs offered the full MLE. Can't say I blame 'em.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #102
chumdawg
Guru

Where you hear that, Cheerios? I suppose that means the Mavs offered the full MLE. Can't say I blame 'em.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:08 PM   #103
jopimokeeluvimanysl

jopimokeeluvimanysl is on a distinguished road

who does donnie think he is. first it was robert horry now its mutmbo . Worse gm in the nba!
jopimokeeluvimanysl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:08 PM   #104
jopimokeeluvimanysl

jopimokeeluvimanysl is on a distinguished road

who does donnie think he is. first it was robert horry now its mutmbo . Worse gm in the nba!
jopimokeeluvimanysl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #105
MrCheerios

I think donnie's plan was to make other teams offer more, thereby hurting their cap or luxury tax situation. It worked. Spurs payed Horry pretty big bucks. They're close to Lux tax and were trying to deal rasho for TAW.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #106
MrCheerios

I think donnie's plan was to make other teams offer more, thereby hurting their cap or luxury tax situation. It worked. Spurs payed Horry pretty big bucks. They're close to Lux tax and were trying to deal rasho for TAW.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:54 PM   #107
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Doug Christie and the Mavericsk agree to a 1 year $3,000,000 contract. DMN *registration required*

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:54 PM   #108
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Doug Christie and the Mavericsk agree to a 1 year $3,000,000 contract. DMN *registration required*

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #109
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Source: Mavs agree with veteran Christie

Swingman could bring defensive presence, help replace Finley

11:41 PM CDT on Thursday, August 11, 2005

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

Even before reluctantly parting with Michael Finley by trade or waivers, the Mavericks have found a replacement.

The team has reached an oral agreement with veteran swingman Doug Christie on a one-year, $3 million deal, a source said. Christie, 35, was waived Thursday by the Orlando Magic as part of the NBA's luxury-tax amnesty provision.

Before Christie officially becomes a Maverick, he must wait seven days to clear waivers, according to league rules. It is unlikely any team will claim Christie and his $8.2 million salary, making him an unrestricted free agent who could then sign with the Mavericks on Wednesday.

Christie's agent, Bradley Marshall, declined comment other than to say than Christie and his wife, Jackie, would be visiting Dallas soon to meet with the Mavericks.

If Christie is healthy and happy, he could be a key acquisition and address a targeted need for the Mavericks.

He was always a top candidate for all-defensive team honors in Sacramento, a point of emphasis under Mavericks coach Avery Johnson. And Christie has played in 58 career playoff games and could provide the Mavericks with locker room leadership.

Some of his skills could particularly help the Mavericks. At 6-6, Christie could be used against San Antonio's talented Manu Ginobili. But in Sacramento, he was versatile enough to bother smaller point guards such as Phoenix's Steve Nash or San Antonio's Tony Parker.

While a natural swingman offensively, Christie handles the ball well enough to play point guard. That could allow the Mavericks to use Jason Terry as a shooting guard in some situations.

One concern is the decrease in Christie's production after Sacramento traded him to Orlando in January for Michael Bradley and Cuttino Mobley. Christie's production and playing time decreased dramatically in Orlando.

A career 11.4 point-per-game scorer, Christie averaged 5.7 points in 21 games for Orlando, shooting 36 percent from the field.

A foot injury forced him onto the injured list in March. But he underwent successful surgery to remove bone spurs following the season.

Although a different kind of player, Christie would give the Mavericks a veteran who could immediately fill Finley's lineup spot. The Mavericks are expected to waive Finley under the luxury-tax amnesty clause Monday if they can't work out a trade beforehand.

While they landed Christie, the Mavericks saw 7-foot center Stephen Hunter sign a five-year, $16.5 million contract in Philadelphia. The Mavericks sought Hunter as a backup to Erick Dampier, but he chose Philadelphia because of the long-term contract and the promise of additional playing time.

One name left on market is DeSagana Diop, another interesting 7-footer. Diop, 23 and the eighth pick in the 2001 draft, is a restricted free agent unlikely to be retained by Cleveland.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #110
Drbio
Banned

Source: Mavs agree with veteran Christie

Swingman could bring defensive presence, help replace Finley

11:41 PM CDT on Thursday, August 11, 2005

By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

Even before reluctantly parting with Michael Finley by trade or waivers, the Mavericks have found a replacement.

The team has reached an oral agreement with veteran swingman Doug Christie on a one-year, $3 million deal, a source said. Christie, 35, was waived Thursday by the Orlando Magic as part of the NBA's luxury-tax amnesty provision.

Before Christie officially becomes a Maverick, he must wait seven days to clear waivers, according to league rules. It is unlikely any team will claim Christie and his $8.2 million salary, making him an unrestricted free agent who could then sign with the Mavericks on Wednesday.

Christie's agent, Bradley Marshall, declined comment other than to say than Christie and his wife, Jackie, would be visiting Dallas soon to meet with the Mavericks.

If Christie is healthy and happy, he could be a key acquisition and address a targeted need for the Mavericks.

He was always a top candidate for all-defensive team honors in Sacramento, a point of emphasis under Mavericks coach Avery Johnson. And Christie has played in 58 career playoff games and could provide the Mavericks with locker room leadership.

Some of his skills could particularly help the Mavericks. At 6-6, Christie could be used against San Antonio's talented Manu Ginobili. But in Sacramento, he was versatile enough to bother smaller point guards such as Phoenix's Steve Nash or San Antonio's Tony Parker.

While a natural swingman offensively, Christie handles the ball well enough to play point guard. That could allow the Mavericks to use Jason Terry as a shooting guard in some situations.

One concern is the decrease in Christie's production after Sacramento traded him to Orlando in January for Michael Bradley and Cuttino Mobley. Christie's production and playing time decreased dramatically in Orlando.

A career 11.4 point-per-game scorer, Christie averaged 5.7 points in 21 games for Orlando, shooting 36 percent from the field.

A foot injury forced him onto the injured list in March. But he underwent successful surgery to remove bone spurs following the season.

Although a different kind of player, Christie would give the Mavericks a veteran who could immediately fill Finley's lineup spot. The Mavericks are expected to waive Finley under the luxury-tax amnesty clause Monday if they can't work out a trade beforehand.

While they landed Christie, the Mavericks saw 7-foot center Stephen Hunter sign a five-year, $16.5 million contract in Philadelphia. The Mavericks sought Hunter as a backup to Erick Dampier, but he chose Philadelphia because of the long-term contract and the promise of additional playing time.

One name left on market is DeSagana Diop, another interesting 7-footer. Diop, 23 and the eighth pick in the 2001 draft, is a restricted free agent unlikely to be retained by Cleveland.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #111
MrCheerios

Christie's a great pickup. And there's still some of the MLE left. But hell no to Diop. He's the worst seven-footer I've ever seen. Both Ppod and DJ are more prepared to back up dampier.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #112
MrCheerios

Christie's a great pickup. And there's still some of the MLE left. But hell no to Diop. He's the worst seven-footer I've ever seen. Both Ppod and DJ are more prepared to back up dampier.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #113
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MrCheerios
Agreed. I'd rather throw M'Benga out there any day than sign that bum Diop.

I'd rather sign the Big O than bring in Diop.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #114
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MrCheerios
Agreed. I'd rather throw M'Benga out there any day than sign that bum Diop.

I'd rather sign the Big O than bring in Diop.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #115
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Great. Just great. Oh well. I wouldn't mind an acquisition of Diop. At 23, he still can be percieved as a project.

1996-2005
Old 08-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #116
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Great. Just great. Oh well. I wouldn't mind an acquisition of Diop. At 23, he still can be percieved as a project.

1996-2005
Old 08-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #117
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

3 mil on Christie? More than I was hoping we'd spend on him... That gives us 2 mil to spend on a backup 5, right? Ugh, I hope something good happens.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #118
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

3 mil on Christie? More than I was hoping we'd spend on him... That gives us 2 mil to spend on a backup 5, right? Ugh, I hope something good happens.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #119
Drbio
Banned

I'd rather drink a blender full of poo than sign the no talent spare Diop.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #120
Drbio
Banned

I'd rather drink a blender full of poo than sign the no talent spare Diop.