Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-07-2002, 10:38 PM   #41
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

To clarify what Rob said, walker's ip addresses don't match ANY of joejoe or his aliases (all from AOL)..so until further notice, walker is not joejoe/rcf/etc.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2002, 10:38 PM   #42
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

To further comment on Rob's post, there's no evidence that Walker is JoeJoe. Nothing we can hang him on that is.

So cool it with the welcome back JoeJoe stuff or go away JoeJoe posts.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:39 PM   #43
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, how many seconds did you beat me by DJ?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2002, 10:41 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

kinda weird how he used some of the exact same comebacks as the person we're not supposed to say that he is..

kinda weird..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:45 PM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

just thought i'd bump this up so it would stay at the top of everyone's thoughts
Old 05-07-2002, 10:50 PM   #46
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Kinda wierd that when a fairly new member of this board has a disagreement with someone, the welcome back JoeJoe comments start immediately.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:50 PM   #47
walker727

walker727 is on a distinguished road

Murphy, just please stop this we are all here for 1 reason. To talk hoops and the Mavs winning a title.
walker727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:51 PM   #48
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Well if he is joejoe, it should be pretty obvious in a few days. Until then, leave it alone.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:53 PM   #49
Murphy3
Guru

kinda weird that when there's an argument involving me you immediately jump on the other person's side
Old 05-07-2002, 10:55 PM   #50
djb
Administrator

I'm stating facts murph. You wanna look at his ips..go ahead. 100% of joejoe's ip's originated from aol (172.xxx.xxx.xx). NONE of walker's follow that pattern.

And the pattern I've noticed is that each time a new member has a disagreement with you, you accuse him of being joejoe.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:57 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

<< And the pattern I've noticed is that each time a new member has a disagreement with you, you accuse him of being joejoe. >>

the pattern i've noticed as that we've been right

have we been wrong in our accusations?
hmm...

another thing..when he uses the exact same comebacks, it's kinda obvious

Old 05-07-2002, 10:59 PM   #52
walker727

Murphy, just give it a rest before you get suspended. It's not worth it, let's just talk hoops here. You are wrong, everyone is wrong every now and then. You are no different, just drop it. Like dj said, he is just stating facts, what else does he have to do?
Old 05-07-2002, 11:00 PM   #53
djb
Administrator

You can think what you like, but until we're 100% sure who he is, it's rather immature to go around calling every single new member joejoe. You've been wrong before murph so let it go.

The fact that every single one of joejoe's aliases have come from AOL (from rcf to joejoe to jojo to mikefin4 to...) whereas walker uses a completely different isp/connection does have some bearing on him not being joejoe. For now at least.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:03 PM   #54
Murphy3
Guru

once again.. you put me as the ringleader

funny how that works out

you act as if i'm the ringleader for everyone's opinions.. trying to get control over me when your mods can't even stay within the regulations or act in a reasonable manner
Old 05-07-2002, 11:05 PM   #55
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

&lt;the candycane tip toes in and steals Murphy's keyboard to keep him from further &quot;trouble.&quot; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] he never sees the perpetrator.&gt;

Murphy, you forgot the rule to not make sexaully charged innuendoes toward the Smile...
Old 05-07-2002, 11:07 PM   #56
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

definitely time for all of us to take a deep breath....realize that the Mavs kick ass......be thankful for Cuban and what he has done for this team......thank Nellie for his awesome manipulation of this team into a contender.....and thank dj for a great board on which we can talk about it.

Good site, good friends, good chat....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:08 PM   #57
djb
Administrator

I have no idea what you're talking about murph. Regarding your comments on walker, I'm only referring to this thread since this is the first dispute I've noticed between you two. After walker posted:

I just hope you do them accurate, and put you where you belong in the rating!

You went on to post:

reply 1: sure thing lamar

reply 2: by the way..welcome back

reply 3: the problem is... Lamar doesn't change his style of writing so it's easy to tell when he comes back with a new alias&quot;

reply 4: the kiss of death..being called &quot;joe joe&quot;

or saying that someone resembles &quot;joe joe&quot;

hi doc, you're very &quot;joe joe-like&quot; today..this would be the ultimate insult.
i guess we can now say
hi doc, you're very &quot;walker727-like&quot; today

All this and the only reply he made to you specifically was:

Hey Murphy you forgot about me, I didn't attack you but I called you out on the Tyra Banks thing. You said 2 totally different things in 2 different post, and I called you on it. You obviously got mad, but I am sorry if I hurt your little feelings.

I thought this was a Dallas Mavericks board, why is the Clippers even being mentioned on here?

Yea it sure sounds like he was really digging into you murph.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:09 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

i'll leave it at that
Old 05-07-2002, 11:09 PM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

sorry dj..not exactly where he was called joe joe or lamar for the first time
he had been referred to as lamar/joe joe/rcf by multiple members before then
Old 05-07-2002, 11:11 PM   #60
djb
Administrator

All I'm saying is you clearly poke fun at other members here (just look at your ratings) and that's obviously all in good fun. But there's no need to bitch when someone does the same to you. If it gets out of hand, then the mods will step in.

But then again, if it's joejoe, he's pretty much gone the first instance he makes himself obvious.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:13 PM   #61
Murphy3
Guru

and to set the record straight again..
the situtation started today when BaseLineGuy and walker both making insinuating things about my sexual preferences because i'm not a big fan of tyra banks..
Old 05-07-2002, 11:14 PM   #62
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we could get past this. I want to talk basketball for the rest of the season.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:15 PM   #63
djb
Administrator

If that's the case, send me or one of the other mods a link to that thread and we'll take a look at it. Contrary to what you believe, the mods do try to be as impartial as possible. But when situations like that arise, you have to notify them and give them notice, since it's possible they didn't see it, especially with all the posts made the past few weeks.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:19 PM   #64
Drbio
Banned

I wish we could get past this. I want to talk basketball for the rest of the season.

let's make it happen....
Old 05-07-2002, 11:19 PM   #65
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

It was in the &quot;Cubes to retaliate with his own cow bells&quot; thread. Unfortunately all the juicy comments have been edited.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:19 PM   #66
Murphy3
Guru

like i said..i'll leave it at that

Old 05-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #67
MavsFanFinley
Guru

It was in the &quot;Cubes to retaliate with his own cow bells&quot; thread. Unfortunately all the juicy comments have been edited.

And there lies part of the problem. Some here think it's cute to make a comment that they know is out of line but edit it before something can be done.

Something to think about.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:40 PM   #68
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I confess, I edit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2002, 11:42 PM   #69
Drbio
Banned

not where she was going smiles.....hit and run insults have been around for at least a couple weeks now...maybe longer.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:44 PM   #70
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

i confess. i edited today. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:54 PM   #71
MavsFanFinley
Guru

No smiles, that wasn't what I meant. I've edited too, that's what it's there for.

I'm talking about insults and offensive comments that are made for the sole purpose of a hanful of people (if that) to see before it's edited to a more agreeable comment.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:55 PM   #72
walker727

Murphy I never did anything even close to that, if you felt I did you shouldve challenged me on it then. I am sorry, but it was not me. All I did was to challenge you with how you say things, you said something in 1 post and changed dramatically in another. I however, never did anything like that and I am sure the mods will see that if they check the thread that it was not me.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:58 PM   #73
Drbio
Banned

walker- I am not starting anything here, but understand that you edited some posts as well.....you should both drop it.

and dont bother checking mine...I dont edit content. my posts are still there.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:00 AM   #74
Drbio
Banned

and you did insinuate that murph was homosexual. That was out of line.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:03 AM   #75
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< and you did insinuate that murph was homosexual. That was out of line. >>

Yeah, that's totally inappropriate. I hope this won't happen again.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:04 AM   #76
Murphy3
Guru

and that's kinda where things started today
Old 05-08-2002, 12:05 AM   #77
Drbio
Banned

That was just to clear the air....we should all move past it now.

Back to Hoops!
Old 05-08-2002, 12:05 AM   #78
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< No smiles, that wasn't what I meant. I've edited too, that's what it's there for.

I'm talking about insults and offensive comments that are made for the sole purpose of a hanful of people (if that) to see before it's edited to a more agreeable comment.
>>

I'm confessing that I edited to keep from getting in trouble. Not that it was too incriminating. Just stepping up to take it like a man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2002, 12:09 AM   #79
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<< I'm confessing that I edited to keep from getting in trouble. Not that it was too incriminating. Just stepping up to take it like a man. >>

Now, that just confuses me!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 12:10 AM   #80
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'm confessing that I edited to keep from getting in trouble. Not that it was too incriminating.

I'm having a hard time picturing this. Maybe it's the candycane that's throwing me off.