Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-12-2002, 06:05 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Now you have to freakin register to check the weather online at WFAA.com! Man this is getting ridiculous.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
mavsfan4

mavsfan4 is on a distinguished road

dj, please say you're kidding? What's next, you have to register to logon to DallasMavericks.com? This is getting out of hand, these people really need to get a grip.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:33 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain. I remember how pissed I was when the DMN went to registration.

Argh!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 11:52 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

DJ, go to weather.com or is this the same thing?

I was just there the other night and you didn't have to register.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:33 AM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Yea Weather.com is good too, and I guess now I'll be using it most of the time. I like going to local sites like WFAA.com, where my lazy ass doesn't have to punch in a zip code like I would at Weather.com [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] nbc5i.com, kdfw.com, and cbsl1tv.com are also local sites I can use for weather, but the wfaa name just always popped in my head for some reason. Go figure.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:35 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

Since DMN and WFAA are both owned by Belo, I guess that's why they're both requiring registrations. Their stupid experiment with the cuecat didn't exactly garner the support they had hoped I guess.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:37 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL...I have one of those things somewhere.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 12:39 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

Yea I remember one of the guys behind that company came to my convergence class a while back and was really trying to hype up that stupid thing. If you're in the DFW area and have seen that tv show Net Talk Live, the guys/dorks in the show (Jovan and Dave Matthews) are actually some of the principal guys behind that stupid contraption.