Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Flaco's 57th law states:

If you can't link to it, it did not happen
The first 56 are really boring, btw.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

If it doesn't fit, you must aquit!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If it doesn't fit, you must aquit!
Silly wannabe writer guy. Shut the hell up! Now go write on that.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Silly wannabe writer guy. Shut the hell up! Now go write on that.
Sorry. I wanted to get into photography instead of writting.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sorry. I wanted to get into photography instead of writting.
So, I guess in your 1,200 messages in about 6 months you forgot you mentioned that you are a writer?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

It's interesting to me that the change in the play-calling ratio was accompanied by the handing over of a CD containing data on the efficiency of the various sets and plays. It's interesting because I tend to think Carlisle's a smart and intellectually curious guy, and if a smart and intellectually curious guy really wanted to get to know his players' strengths and weaknesses, wanted to get to know how his players complement one another, wanted to discover what the parameters for their greatest possible success were, and knew that he had an entire season ahead of him, I'd expect him to be fairly deliberate and systematic in his play calling for a time as a way of probing the possibilities and gathering informative data on the results.

And then, if he were also a good coach, as I tend to think Carlisle is, and if he had Jason Kidd as his starting point guard, as Carlisle does, I'd expect some of that to eventually give way. I'd expect him to turn more of the in-game management responsibility over to his hall-of-fame point guard, and I'd expect him to try to empower his hall-of-fame point guard by making available to him the data that had been gathered, and the conclusions drawn, during the early months of the season.

And in the long run, I'd expect the team to be better for the patience that had been shown.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

edit.

nothing to see here!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-02-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #8
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
It's interesting to me that the change in the play-calling ratio was accompanied by the handing over of a CD containing data on the efficiency of the various sets and plays. It's interesting because I tend to think Carlisle's a smart and intellectually curious guy, and if a smart and intellectually curious guy really wanted to get to know his players' strengths and weaknesses, wanted to get to know how his players complement one another, wanted to discover what the parameters for their greatest possible success were, and knew that he had an entire season ahead of him, I'd expect him to be fairly deliberate and systematic in his play calling for a time as a way of probing the possibilities and gathering informative data on the results.

And then, if he were also a good coach, as I tend to think Carlisle is, and if he had Jason Kidd as his starting point guard, as Carlisle does, I'd expect some of that to eventually give way. I'd expect him to turn more of the in-game management responsibility over to his hall-of-fame point guard, and I'd expect him to try to empower his hall-of-fame point guard by making available to him the data that had been gathered, and the conclusions drawn, during the early months of the season.

And in the long run, I'd expect the team to be better for the patience that had been shown.
Be serious, that little CD comes from Synergy Sports Technology. No need to give RC credit for that as well.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #9
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post

That's an interesting insight, but very true. Carlisle does seem like a guy who is great at analysing data. And if anyone can interprete that data into meaningful use for games, etc, then its Kidd.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #11
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys know that if you take the first word of every sentence in Jason Terry's postgame interviews over the past 4 years and play them backwards, it tells us that Dirk is actually dead and was replaced by a cyborg?

Seriously, just ask Marc Stein.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 02-02-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Did you guys know that if you take the first word of every sentence in Jason Terry's postgame interviews over the past 4 years and play them backwards, it tells us that Dirk is actually dead and was replaced by a cyborg?

Seriously, just ask Marc Stein.
My sources told me the real reason for Howard's decrease in production was that he was romantically involved with Harris and Kidd just "wasn't his type".

Seriously! If you don't believe me, ask Cuban! Go ahead.. ask him!

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-02-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #13
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

silkXpert can't help but brag about his "inside info". isn't he the guy who said he played pro ball but wouldn't say where or when?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #14
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
silkXpert can't help but brag about his "inside info". isn't he the guy who said he played pro ball but wouldn't say where or when?
Fluid you that same dude with over 10K posts about nothing in little over 2 years. With your 10k posts in that short time, tells us everything we need to know about you. Go jump off a bridge and kill yourself right now.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fluid you that same dude with over 10K posts about nothing in little over 2 years. With your 10k posts in that short time, tells us everything we need to know about you. Go jump off a bridge and kill yourself right now.
Stop being an a$$hole - you're just talking to "hear your own voice" at this point...

Nobody agrees with your skewed version of reality, so get over it...

(also - why are you a Mavs fan anymore? You don't seem to like anything about this team...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Stop being an a$$hole - you're just talking to "hear your own voice" at this point...

Nobody agrees with your skewed version of reality, so get over it...

(also - why are you a Mavs fan anymore? You don't seem to like anything about this team...)
Coming from the biggest as*hole of them all!!!!! Go figure. I dont give a shi* what you or others think. I am going to speak my mind, no matter if this board is full of tech guys who think they know everything about anything. Yes, there are plenty of people here who agree, and it is the same reason I have as many green boxes as yourself. All you little message board bullies dont scare me at all. Gang up all you want, but in the end I am going to post what I want and feel. You and the rest of your Computer Bandits can call me an idiot, dumb, creditXpert, silkexpert, silkexpertguy or whatever and it just will roll off me like my signature.

The fact remains that once a few of you cant counter a post, then name calling is where you will go next. It is a endless cycle and the main reason many posters dont post anymore or just post ever blue moon. This board is overrun by the computer bully group, that gets beat up every weekend after getting drunk and talking too much smack about sports. Shi* I bet that same bunch posts under several different id's as well talking to themselves as they try to bully the board. Lastly, I am not going to look over this post for errors as well, so add that to the list of name-calling.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Coming from the biggest as*hole of them all!!!!! Go figure. I dont give a shi* what you or others think. I am going to speak my mind, no matter if this board is full of tech guys who think they know everything about anything. Yes, there are plenty of people here who agree, and it is the same reason I have as many green boxes as yourself. All you little message board bullies dont scare me at all. Gang up all you want, but in the end I am going to post what I want and feel. You and the rest of your Computer Bandits can call me an idiot, dumb, creditXpert, silkexpert, silkexpertguy or whatever and it just will roll off me like my signature.

The fact remains that once a few of you cant counter a post, then name calling is where you will go next. It is a endless cycle and the main reason many posters dont post anymore or just post ever blue moon. This board is overrun by the computer bully group, that gets beat up every weekend after getting drunk and talking too much smack about sports. Shi* I bet that same bunch posts under several different id's as well talking to themselves as they try to bully the board. Lastly, I am not going to look over this post for errors as well, so add that to the list of name-calling.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
wishing death upon another poster has to be against the rules...
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
wishing death upon another poster has to be against the rules...
This was my first thought as well. Considering his previous threats to meet various posters in real life and beat the crap out of them...

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, there are seriously still people here that miss Avery?

Even idiots understood how big of a lamer he was after Dirk finally gave his point of view.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #21
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is a warzone.

Avery blows, nuff said.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Old 02-02-2009, 05:25 AM   #22
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about whether Dirk was going to play for Avery anymore or not?

He sure as hell is playing for Carlisle.

Silk, this is a players league. If Dirk wants a coach gone, they are gone. Wanna know why? Because you can much easier replace a Johnson/Carlisle than you can a Dirk.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #23
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Who cares about whether Dirk was going to play for Avery anymore or not?

He sure as hell is playing for Carlisle.

Silk, this is a players league. If Dirk wants a coach gone, they are gone. Wanna know why? Because you can much easier replace a Johnson/Carlisle than you can a Dirk.
So, what is your point in this conversation? All you just did was state something that most people about about any professional sports. It has nothing to do with what I was saying. There was no point to be made in your post about this conversation.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #24
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

my friend jumped off a bridge and killed himself, he got hurt
Old 02-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #25
Underdog

Default thanks for the negative rep, Silk!

Did you ever stop to wonder that maybe the reason why everyone disagrees with you is because you're always wrong?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #26
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:

Did you ever stop to wonder that maybe the reason why everyone disagrees with you is because you're always wrong?
You welcome, had to do it after your negative rep you gave me. Not as many people as you think disagree, it just so happens that two of you guys are about 4 posters here, so when the pile ups come, it comes in droves.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
You welcome, had to do it after your negative rep you gave me. Not as many people as you think disagree, it just so happens that two of you guys are about 4 posters here, so when the pile ups come, it comes in droves.
I have yet to see ANY support for your contrived "bit" - who backs you?

(and I'll ask again - do you like anything about this Mavs team other than bitching & moaning about it?)

Old 02-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #28
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, plenty of people back him. They're just too scared to post because the suppressive majority of this board (i.e. us) have bullied them into submission.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

(and I'll ask again - do you like anything about this Mavs team other than bitching & moaning about it?)

Not I. Why does everyone have to be a "lil man"?

Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not I. Why does everyone have to be a "lil man"?
You show some damn respect, SMC. Silkcreditxpert has ascended the corporate ladder and now owns his own business. You are nothing but a silly little dude to people as important as he.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

So you only do it after someone gives you neg rep? Why did you give me one? Oh well, I guess this means my days are numbered here.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boom. Roasted.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to chime in and say that I enjoyed reading some of the basketball discussion in this thread on some of the previous pages.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I just wanted to chime in and say that I enjoyed reading some of the basketball discussion in this thread on some of the previous pages.
Personally, I think the success of our offense the last two games can be directly attributed to Kidd's new-found freedom to call his own plays... If the Mavs (especially Josh Howard) keep playing at this clip, then we might be seeing the beginning of a ramp-up to the playoffs, Spurs-style...

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #35
SMC0007
Guru

Is there agame today? Is there some kind of inside joke going on? WTF is the GDT?

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-02-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #36
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

There isn't a game today. It isn't debatable. You and your message board buddies all think there is, but there are plenty of people who back me.

I rest my case.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #37
LonghornDub

Quote:
There isn't a game today. It isn't debatable. You and your message board buddies all think there is, but there are plenty of people who back me.

I rest my case.
Rep for resting your case.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I rest my case.

Oh great, u and your goones are gonna beat me up for asking about the GDT. Silly little fellers aint got nothing but hate for me. Theres actually a lot of people that are wondering about it so go ahead and name-call me.

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-02-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #39
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

We shouldn't compare the two coaches until after the playoffs.

As of right now, their playoff records are:

Avery Johnson: 23-24
Rick Carlisle: 30-32

You can easily argue that just based off these numbers Carlisle is the better coach because he has had lesser teams than Avery. But, that is something you really cannot prove, so I'm not going to say that. I will hold judgment until after Carlisle has a few playoff games in Dallas under his belt. Because as most of you know, playoff coaching is completely different from the regular season because you are zeroing in on one opponent and trying to make adjustments against one team. We all know it took Avery 4 games to finally double team T-Mac against the Rockets, I don't want to get into the Heat or Warriors series, and let's just say using Kidd as a weakside three point shooter was not the smartest tactic that could have been implemented against the Hornets.

Go Mavericks

PS: hilarious tags

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #40
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
We shouldn't compare the two coaches until after the playoffs.

As of right now, their playoff records are:

Avery Johnson: 23-24
Rick Carlisle: 30-32

You can easily argue that just based off these numbers Carlisle is the better coach because he has had lesser teams than Avery. But, that is something you really cannot prove, so I'm not going to say that. I will hold judgment until after Carlisle has a few playoff games in Dallas under his belt. Because as most of you know, playoff coaching is completely different from the regular season because you are zeroing in on one opponent and trying to make adjustments against one team. We all know it took Avery 4 games to finally double team T-Mac against the Rockets, I don't want to get into the Heat or Warriors series, and let's just say using Kidd as a weakside three point shooter was not the smartest tactic that could have been implemented against the Hornets.

Go Mavericks

PS: hilarious tags
Based off what numbers Carlisle is better? Are you talking about based on more wins? Closest things would be to say that Carlisle has coached a couple of years longer and has been in more playoff games and series. Thats about it as far as playoff is concerned that I see. I look for series wins, Conference Championships, Titles, NBA Finals Appearance, playoff win percentage as well.

I could go on and on about Carlisle and his failures and firings, but clearly nobody wants to talk about that when comparing to Avery, nor do they want to talk about regular season wins/loses as well. All most want to talk for some reason Avery had a more talented team so that means Carlisle is graded on a curve or something. Carlisle was in the Eastern NCAA Conference during this time with a record and the last year could not even make the playoffs.

Last edited by jthig32; 02-02-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
<3 terry/avery b/c black, 501, about about about, b/ckiddirk&carlislerwhite, because silk says so, break the bank, carlisle = avery, classic threads, creditxpert2003, he got hurt, homosexuals are gay, i call this tag spam, i rest my case, kidd is hot, race baiting, shut the hell up..., silk = horses brother?, silk the inside info man, silkxpertbasketballguru, trade jho