Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2022 NBA Draft

We actually have our pick. Will we use it? Or package it to get rid of salary? Time will tell. Until then, here is my top 5

1) Chet Holgrem --> just a super efficient freak; he's like a KD with less ball handling but way more interior defense

2) Jabari Smith Jr. --> scoring machine with a pure jumper, but needs to add to his repertoire inside the arc; has all the tools

3) Jaden Ivey --> I have him over Smith because I'm skeptical of Smith's ability to score inside the arc and at the rim in the NBA; just an electric player reminiscent of Ja Morant

4) Paolo Banchero --> I'm very tempted to put him above Ivey, but ultimately don't because Banchero has more of an old school skillset; he's like a Paul Millsap/ Blake Griffin hybrid

5) Keegan Murray --> plays a lot like Jabari Smith, but less athletic

Assuming we draft around 22, here are my favorite realistic players for the Mavs:

1) Wendell Moore Jr. --> jack of all trades who slots into any NBA team; underrated offense

2) Kendall Brown --> young, and has a ways to go developmentally (especially on offense), but simply the most athletic prospect this draft; drafting him is betting on upside; flashes all the tools

3) Walker Kessler --> basically a taller Jakob Poetl; I'm scared to death he'll get hurt based on his size and how he plays, but he's surprisingly underrated defending the pick and roll and being a roll man; might fall because in today's NBA he's not a 30 MPG guy

4) Michael Koloko --> like him better than Mark Williams because he's more fluid on the perimeter; might translate best to the NBA out of all these bigs

5) Oscar Tshiebwe --> one word. rebounds.