Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
stressboy2

stressboy2 has a spectacular aura aboutstressboy2 has a spectacular aura aboutstressboy2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Dallas the facilitator

I know you guys might think these are crazy trades, but since only a few of the teams involved are trading players, they might not be so crazy. Oh and if you say why don't you just deal directly with Toronto or some such this is all to get the 5 or six spot in the draft not #7. I'm sure there is a way to get #3, but we don't really need it. In fact we don't really need any of picks, I just wanted to see if any of these made sense.

utah
-Boozer Harpring #6 #27 #51
+KVH #3
Get rid of Boozer's salary, pick up Paul or D Wiliams, and replace boozer with a Utah man
who they keep around, or trade at the deadline.

Dallas
-KVH
+J Rose #6
Lose a guy that is trade fodder for #6 and another max salary to trade next summer.

Portland
+#7 #16 #58 #51
Don't want a PG and get most value they can for #3.

Toronto
-Rose #7 #16 #58
+Boozer Harpring #27
Get a power player they could never get in Free agency in boozer for dumping Rose+#7
Harpring+#27 for #16 is an awesome trade.

Dallas does it in case one of the 2nd 3 drops (D. Williams, Paul, Green: not likely),
they think Webster or Wright is the bee's knees, or to trade down to #8 say with NY for
#8/#30 and pick up Wright/Turiaf for instance or Fry/McCants

Scenario #2
Charlotte
-#5 #13
+#3 #17 Rafer Alston
They get their man in Paul for essentially taking on Rafer and going down 4 spots
on thier second 1st rounder.(taking on Rafer would be the deal breaker in this 5 team deal
if there is one, but he is only making around 3mil a year so he should be able to be moved
and the guy can play)

Portland
+#7 #13
Get pretty close to the trade of #5 #13 they have coveted. They do this if Green is not their
main target.

Toronto
-Rose Rafer #7
+KVH Bradley
Dump their two worst malcontents for cap and fronline help and they keep their #16.

Indiana
-Pollard #17
+TAW 3Mil
Essentially sell #17 for about 6mil

Dallas
-KVH Bradley TAW
+Rose Pollard #5

You get a lotto pic, and 2 decent players for a wash on salary. Pollard can pick up Hendu's
spot, and at #5(Green? D Williams?, or another trade to a team really wants one of them) plus
you now have to trade some of the glut of your 2 guards.

I know big 3 and 4 team trades don't work much, much less a 5 team one, but hey it could be broken up into multiple trades if they needed to. The main thing is I thought these trades got the teams with picks closer to where they really wanted to be without giving up to much.

Stressboy
stressboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote