Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #561
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see....updated list:
CSI - Vegas
House
Friday Night Lights (one of the most underrated shows)
Grey's Anatomy
Dirty Jobs
Heroes (catching up.. not to season 2 yet)
Jericho (great show)
Chuck
Pushing Daisies
Criminal Minds
Lost (of course)
24 when it returns
American Idol (my niece has made it through a couple of rounds so gotta watch it if she's in it)
The new show with Patricia Heaton
and, I watch one truly terrible show:
Smallville.... Why do I watch it? Well, because it was good once upon a time and I'm still holding out hope that it can be good once again... even though I've sat through 2-3 really bad seasons in a row... it's hard to give up on something that you've invested that much time on.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #562
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Let's see....updated list:
CSI - Vegas
House
Friday Night Lights (one of the most underrated shows)
Grey's Anatomy
Dirty Jobs
Heroes (catching up.. not to season 2 yet)
Jericho (great show)
Chuck
Pushing Daisies
Criminal Minds
Lost (of course)
24 when it returns
American Idol (my niece has made it through a couple of rounds so gotta watch it if she's in it)
The new show with Patricia Heaton
and, I watch one truly terrible show:
Smallville.... Why do I watch it? Well, because it was good once upon a time and I'm still holding out hope that it can be good once again... even though I've sat through 2-3 really bad seasons in a row... it's hard to give up on something that you've invested that much time on.
Jericho.... when is it coming back?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #563
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone like Survivor Man?

I love that show. The Discovery channel really has some good stuff on it these days imo.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #564
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Dirty Jobs
Crazy show--they must pay him a lot to do some of those things. He gets really into it too...

Quote:
Hahah--I feel that way about Prison Break...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #565
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

LOST is my only real Stop down
Dexter - love this creepy little show
Mad Men - its just too well done not to watch every week
Heroes - the second closest thing to a stop down
30 Rock
My Name is Earl
The Office
Life (still giving it a try)
Scrubs
SNL (but only when I get around to it)
PTI (But I usually only watch about 4 or 5 minutes of it and skip the rest)
recently cut from my watching rotation: weeds, and to a lesser extent The Colbert Report

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 AM   #566
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Does anyone like Survivor Man?

I love that show. The Discovery channel really has some good stuff on it these days imo.
I catch an episode from time to time. I heard Bob And Dan talking about it on TheTicket.. It's pretty good, but not nearly as good as they made it out to be.

I think it's on the Discovery Channel where they have some American athletes (and a dirty Brit I believe) going all over the world to try their hand at some tribal sports and whatnot... it's not a bad show. They get a week to train and then compete against the tribesman.. A couple of the athletes are friggin pansies..but, it's not a bad show.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #567
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

my bro loves a show called Human Weapon...anyone seen it?

two guys with different fighting skills get like a week to learn a new martial art and then they fight guys who are experts.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #568
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the first three episodes of Life yesterday.

Pretty solid. I like it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #569
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I watched the first three episodes of Life yesterday.

Pretty solid. I like it.
Dang....people are liking this.

I need for them to have a catch up night on the weekend or something so I can get them on the DVR.

What night is it on?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:55 AM   #570
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Dang....people are liking this.

I need for them to have a catch up night on the weekend or something so I can get them on the DVR.

What night is it on?
Wednesday.

I'm probably biased because I absolutely love BoB and the Winters character, but I think it has something. I wasn't hooked until the final ten minutes of the first episode. That one scene did it for me. If you watch it you'll know what I mean.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #571
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I am EXTREMELY fond of BoB as well, so....yeah.

I'll give it a try if I can.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:00 AM   #572
sike
The Preacha

Life could either become a formulaic cop show where the good guys always catch the bad....or it could be something more...I'm waiting to see because the lead character is so, so interesting. No one else really has much to this point...but it doesn't really matter yet.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #573
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

My Shows -

Kid Nation - Labor laws, shmaber laws - this show is enterntaining. They picked a really interesting bunch of kids with big personalities and high levels of intelligence. I really enjoy this show and hope that they somehow manage a second season. Child labor laws are overrated anwyay.

Weeds - I heart Kevin Nealon.

Dexter - I heart the VERY sexy Michael C. Hall. The dark humor is right in my wheelhouse for entertainment.

House - I don't think its the greatest thing since slice bread, but its fairly well written and I try my best to not miss an episode.

Heroes - its decent enough to watch.

Survivor - a time kill.

The Office - I don't think its off to a great start, but still funny.

Shows I watch on occassion: Survivor Man, Dinner Impossible, Ace of Cakes, Dirty Jobs, Two and Half Men, NCIS.

I've been meaning to watch Journeyman - just haven't had enough time.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-18-2007 at 10:20 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #574
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
The Office - I don't think its off to a great start, but still funny.
I'm afraid that the Ross-and-Rachel-ization of the Office has begun. I hope NBC proves me wrong, but I am justifiably skeptical.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #575
sike
The Preacha

Life's third episode was very solid.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 AM   #576
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

south park was hilarious tonight

jesus being one of the 9 most powerful imagination characters was pretty funny
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #577
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

in the first part, it also showed Joseph Smith, Buddha, and Krishna. But no mohammed.

i loved that jesus was in the "most powerful group" with Aslan, Morpheus, Glinda the Good Witch, Gandalf, Luke Skywalker, Zeus, Wonder Woman, and Popeye. Hilarious!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #578
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

haha I missed Joseph Smith and Buddha

btw I loove the squirrel haha

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-25-2007 at 09:30 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #579
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Scrubs is back tonight

Very confusing spoilers....sort of:

Quote:
For some viewers, the on/off romance between Braff's J.D. and Sarah Chalke's Elliot is at the core of the series. There's good news and bad news for them tonight. The half-hour opens with J.D. and Elliot sharing a hospital nap and coming darned close to, well, you know. The near miss causes Elliot to reevaluate her engagement to dopey Keith, while J.D. thinks deeply about his commitment to pregnant Kim. But even seeing the truth doesn't mean they're going to act on it.

You may be surprised exactly where we are by the end of the ep. The final shot is not what you're hoping for, but it will bring you back next week for sure. Of course, you'd be coming back anyway if you've acquired a taste for the "Scrubs" brand of spaz-tacular character development. The doctors are forever exposing their most vulnerable and ridiculous sides to each other, and not for nothing is tonight's show called "My Own Worst Enemy."
Old 10-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #580
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Life continues to be good.

Although, I am irritated by the "clues" they give during commercials. I watched the first three...not via TV. So now I need to see if I can find those first three clues bit online somewhere.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #581
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

you guys are sleeping on "it's always sunny in Philadelphia"

watch it, its hilarious. i love danny devito now...

do it.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #582
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
you guys are sleeping on "it's always sunny in Philadelphia"

watch it, its hilarious. i love danny devito now...

do it.
I hate Philly. Go Cowboys.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #583
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
I hate Philly. Go Cowboys.
damnit. i hate the redskins more...go cowboys
Old 10-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #584
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god! how did i forget to put "it's always sunny in philadelphia" in the list of shows i watch? I'm ashamed of myself...

i freakin' LOVE that show. it really is amazing. hilarious, and AMAZING interplay between the cast. devito is the weak link of course (he's not bad or anything, just not as good as the rest), but his presence is what has allowed the show to stay on the air, so i'll give him a pass.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #585
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
oh my god! how did i forget to put "it's always sunny in philadelphia" in the list of shows i watch? I'm ashamed of myself...

i freakin' LOVE that show. it really is amazing. hilarious, and AMAZING interplay between the cast. devito is the weak link of course (he's not bad or anything, just not as good as the rest), but his presence is what has allowed the show to stay on the air, so i'll give him a pass.

i kinda think devito has made the show legit. The show was good when he wasn't there yet..but now hes part of the crew..i love it.

Did you see the episode where Dee is dating the retarded person.

Its my favorite episode..i think it aired a few weeks ago.

LOL
Old 10-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #586
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

to me, the best episode is "Dennis and Dee go on Welfare", i think from Season 2.

but "dee is dating a retarded person" was also great, simply because of the "Night Man" and "Day Man" songs.

but really, they're all great.

as far as devito making the show legit, that's what i meant by his presence allowing the show to be on the air. They needed a bigger name actor or there wouldn't have been a second season.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-25-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #587
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
t
as far as devito making the show legit, that's what i meant by his presence allowing the show to be on the air. They needed a bigger name actor or there wouldn't have been a second season.

oh i gotcha...so we agree...

now that's genius!

good work.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #588
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Anyone watch Smallville? Awesome show.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:38 AM   #589
sike
The Preacha

its official

Life is a great show through its first 5 episodes

Old 10-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #590
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Crap I think I forgot to DVR Chuck tonight, and I'm going to the Stars game.

crap!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #591
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

can you not set up a season pass that will record all new showings? I thought all DVRs (not just TiVo) could do that.

and since i'm the TiVo spokesman on this board - if you had TiVo, you could log into your account on tivo.com and schedule the recording through the interweb. i've done that many times for games i want to record. Like, if i'm not going to be home in time to catch the whole game.

that being said, i think NBC has Chuck episodes on its homepage.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 10-29-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #592
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't have Chuck on a season pass because I've been there to watch them live so far, this is the first monday night there's been a Stars game this season.

And yeah, that sounds awesome to be able to do it online. But alas, I am sufficiently happy with my FIOS DVR and price that I don't care that much.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #593
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

gotcha. I just set all my shows for season pass. Even the ones i end up not liking. I find it's much easier to set the show for a season pass if i'm interested in it, then cancel the season pass if i don't like it. As opposed to having to remember to set individual recordings each week in the chance i might miss it. you never know what might happen. then you don't run into situations like the one you're hitting.

plus, i like recording shows even if i'm home to watch it live. start watching it late (25 minutes after the hour for an hour-long show), then you can catch up to real-time by the time it's over, and never have to watch commercials.

but anyway, you can catch it online at nbc.com - non hi-def, though.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #594
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Life is a little heavy on the cheese...but its not bad.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #595
sike
The Preacha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFn__-Sdodc

about the show life...but its so odd seeing the actor speaking in his native accent

Old 11-03-2007, 03:02 AM   #596
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
and to a lesser extent The Colbert Report
you, sir, are un-American.

speaking of Colbert, anyone read his book that came out a few weeks ago? I've read the first 20 pages or so, and I laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants. the guy is genius. too bad I dropped the book in the bathtub and now the pages are all stuck together. I'm going to get it on audio. he reads it, so it should be hilarious!!

and I just started watching Grey's with a friend of mine this season. I LOVE it and can't believe I joined in to view its greatness in the 4th season. I've rented season 1 and 2, and tomorrow I'm going to get season 3.

my shows I can't miss now are:
Grey's
Meerkat manor on the Animal Planet
Colbert Report
America's Next Top Model - I know I just lost credibility admitting that, but it's my guilty, brainless treasure
PTI
The Hills - again, a guilty pleasure
and of course, every Mav game I don't attend

that's it. I have no time to sit around watching tv anymore. it sucks.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:31 AM   #597
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hmmm... lets see...

Heroes
Lost

I guess that's about it.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #598
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So Heroes has shot an alternate ending to their season because of the writers strike, so the season will end in December

LOST only got through about 8 scripts to shoot, same with 24.

New shows like Chuck will not be able to survive a long break with no new shows.

The networks are loading up on reality shows for the spring.

TV is ending for the year very quickly. Stupid writers strike. unions are gay.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #599
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/ci_7372315

Quote:
With the Hollywood writers going on strike for the first time in 20 years, a new generation of TV watchers has no idea how it's going to impact them as Tinseltown scribes walk the picket lines.

Though this strike affects all 12,000 screenwriters and TV writers in the Writers Guild of America, the television industry will be hit first and immediately.
Thanks to the Los Angeles Times, here's a breakdown of how some of our favorite shows will be impacted. And it isn't going to be pretty.
"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "The Conan O'Brien Show" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" will go into repeats immediately because those daily shows are staffed with WGA writers. Also add "Late Night with David Letterman" to that mix.
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and "The Colbert Report" also will go into reruns immediately because their scripts are written daily due to their topicality. (Now this strike is starting to hurt.)
Also, variety shows like "Saturday Night Live" will go into reruns immediately since they depend on topical comedy as well.
Here is a sampling of sitcoms and dramas that will be affected:
* "Lost" - The serialized thriller from ABC is expected to have eight of 16 episodes in the can when it premieres in mid-season. Unfortunately, because it's starting late, it will have fewer episodes ready than most other series that premiered in the fall.
I would imagine that's a similar number for Fox's "24," which premieres in mid-January.
* "Moonlight" and "Cane" - Both of these CBS dramas will have 12 to 13 of their initial order of episodes done. Whether they get a full order of 22 episodes for the season is another matter involving the ratings.
* "Scrubs" - The final season of NBC's sitcom has 12 of 18 episodes completed.
* "Friday Night Lights" - It's expected that 15 of its 22 episodes will be done.
* "Heroes" - This is my own guess, but I would expect the same number of episodes of this fan favorite will be done as for "Friday Night Lights."
Already, the first full casualty of the strike is a "Heroes'" midseason spinoff, "Heroes: Origins." Reports are swirling that NBC has canceled that show because of the strike.
* "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" - USA's spinoff from the "L&O" franchise has 12 of 22 episodes produced, which means the second half of the season is in jeopardy.
* "Nip/Tuck" - The first 14 episodes, according to the Times, are done, but production has not started on the second cycle of 14.
"Dirt" and "The Riches" - These two FX series likely will be affected because production just started on both of them.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-05-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #600
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

we need a resolution now!

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?