Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #921
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Mad Men...is the best show on TV.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #922
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually gonna give Knight Rider a shot.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:58 PM   #923
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

why? Its still about a talking car, right?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 09-19-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #924
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

In honor of Dirk and the Hauf.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 09-19-2008 at 02:35 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #925
sike
The Preacha

touche

Old 09-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #926
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I gave True Blood its third and final shot last night.

I'm appalled. Its absolute garbage.

In contrast, I've started re-watching Ball's Six Feet Under. The first season is currently available on Time Warner's On-Demand service.

Its still everything I remembered it to be.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #927
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I gave True Blood its third and final shot last night.

I'm appalled. Its absolute garbage.

In contrast, I've started re-watching Ball's Six Feet Under. The first season is currently available on Time Warner's On-Demand service.

Its still everything I remembered it to be.
I gave in and watched the second episode with the wife, and promptly drew the line in the sand. Not a minute more. It's awful.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #928
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Made it through season 1 of "It's always Sunny In Philidelphia" this weekend and I'm going to stick with it.

I almost bailed after episode 1 (The Gang Turns Racist). It felt forced...like they were trying too hard to be edgy an un-PC. I gave it one more episode and it was the one where Dylan? was at the pro life/pro choice rally trying to get liad. Every ep. since then has had at least one laugh out loud moment.

"Dude, that guy's going to bang your sister"...good times...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #929
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

You can never bail a show after one episode, dirno! Pilots are always the worst episode of a show (aside from LOST).

For "sunny" they really take off and hit their stride mid-way through season one and it continues. Especially when you get to know the characters and their traits. And that was Dennis trying to get laid at the rally.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #930
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Awesome Heroes is back on.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #931
sike
The Preacha

Yeah...Heroes is still so very marginally acted.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #932
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dangit...I don't think I Tivo'd.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #933
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Dangit...I don't think I Tivo'd.
what a dumb banana

Old 09-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #934
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Fringe was pretty good last night. I'd still prefer to not have a weekly mystery solved, but I thought the content last night was pretty cool.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #935
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I thought Fringe was pretty good last night. I'd still prefer to not have a weekly mystery solved, but I thought the content last night was pretty cool.
Oh good...I was just going to ask. Had to DVR it last night.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #936
sike
The Preacha

if you're not watching this show...do me a favor and start. Including LOST...it is the best acted show on Television.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #937
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Boy you are pushing that Mad Men hard. I don't even really know what it's about. I will have to make that one of my summer projects...or maybe Christmas. There's a pretty long tv break in Dec/Jan.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #938
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Boondocks
Family Guy
The Weeds

(but if it's not Lost, BSG, 24 or Heroes, then nobody cares!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #939
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think a lot of people here watch Family Guy, but it's not something that anyone stops down for or DVR's. I know I'm gonna see them get re-run on TBS or CW or Cartoon network...

As far as Weeds goes...my wife got the DVDs from her sister, and I watched 2 of them with her, decided that there were too many elements of uber-liberal social commentary for me personally to stomach, and that was it.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #940
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think a lot of people here watch Family Guy, but it's not something that anyone stops down for or DVR's. I know I'm gonna see them get re-run on TBS or CW or Cartoon network...

As far as Weeds goes...my wife got the DVDs from her sister, and I watched 2 of them with her, decided that there were too many elements of uber-liberal social commentary for me personally to stomach, and that was it.
But "Little Boxes" is such a great song. I've never even seen the show, but I think it would be worth it just to hear different versions of it every episode.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #941
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Boondocks
Family Guy
The Weeds

(but if it's not Lost, BSG, 24 or Heroes, then nobody cares!)
"THE Weeds"?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #942
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

YES! get your hands on season 1...and prepare for amazing story telling and acting. Its not an action show...its about character and story from a bygone era.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #943
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Any shows with men, sike will "push hard".

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #944
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Watched "Fringe" last night....I guess I'm still sticking with it. It's a little droll, however.

I don't think the "lead" character is strong enough to carry the show. As of episode 3, it seems like they're already shying away from her a little bit.

John Noble is definitely the best part of the show. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a stitch.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #945
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I made it through the first three episodes of Chuck last night but I don't think I'm going to stick with it. I'd be willing to go along with the flimsy premise if the show was funny. Unfortunately I didn't find it funny and I don't think the plot can carry the show.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #946
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Boooo Dirno. Booo. I'm not sure what is it about Chuck that I like so much, because it's not the funniest show around. Something about it appeals to me though.

BTW, I've begun slowly working my way through the Wire again. I'm up tp episode 7 of season 1. It's going to take a while, but I'm enoying the rewatch almost as much as the original viewing. That first season....man....just fantastic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #947
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Bummer Dirno....I also like Chuck.

I agree with thig...I don't know why. It's certainly not the funniest show on tv, the action is kind of cheesy...but I like it all the same. Can't wait until Monday.

To each his own, I suppose.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #948
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Bummer Dirno....I also like Chuck.
That’s why I rented it. Because I’d heard so many good things about it here. For whatever reason it didn’t resonate with me. I may give it another shot down the line when the current season is over and I get through some of the many shows that I’m behind on right now (I’m only on season 2 of 24).
Old 09-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #949
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh yeah, definitely power through 24. That's good stuff....until it gets to season 6.

But I have high hopes for season 7.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #950
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

1. Family Guy
2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (two new episodes on tonight on fx)
3. Entourage
4. Weeds
5. Mad Men
6. Deadliest Catch

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-25-2008 at 04:14 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #951
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

New Chuck tonight

Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #952
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Anybody catch The Life and Times of Tim on HBO? I wasn't expecting much because the commercials weren't funny. As it turns out, most of the funny parts are too profane to be used in an ad. It's probably too quirky and Adult Swim like to make it past one season but anyone that into edgy animation shows should really enjoy it.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #953
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

There's too much dang TV going on for me these days... Currently I'm watching (in no particular ranked order):

Heroes
Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles
Entourage
Mad Men
Survivor: Gabon
The Shield
Project Runway (as embarrassing as it is to admit )
True Blood (I'll give any new HBO show a few episodes, although this one is starting to lose me)
Kitchen Nightmares
I Love Money
King of the Hill (season 13 just debuted last night)

Plus, a couple of other series that I watch and/or download are all set to start in the next few weeks, including new Kenny vs Spenny's from Canada, British Hell's Kitchen, and the second part of Gundam 00. Too much dang TV...
Old 09-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #954
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Project Runway (as embarrassing as it is to admit )
This thread finally got interesting...

Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #955
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
This thread finally got interesting...

I started watching that show because a girl I used to date initially made me, but since I date her no more, I've got nothing but shame and excuses to justify the fact that the show hooked me and kept me watching on my own ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-29-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #956
sike
The Preacha

that's fierce

Old 09-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #957
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
I started watching that show because a girl I used to date initially made me, but since I date her no more, I've got nothing but shame and excuses to justify the fact that the show hooked me and kept me watching on my own ...
No need to make excuses - there's one aspect of Project Runway that totally keeps your masculinity from being called into question:

Heidi "soon to leave Seal for Underdog" Klum

Last edited by Underdog; 09-29-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #958
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

That is a SMALL bikini top.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #959
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The new family guy was funny.

For Halloween, Peter was Laura Bush and Lois was the guy that Laura Bush ran over lol.

Still can't believe that show is on fox....

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #960
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
The new family guy was funny.

For Halloween, Peter was Laura Bush and Lois was the guy that Laura Bush ran over lol.

Still can't believe that show is on fox....
Close the window Brian you're letting the stank out...

Can't wait for The Cleveland Brown Show

Last edited by dirno2000; 09-29-2008 at 04:22 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?