Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-26-2021, 12:15 AM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, we're up 2-0 on the Clippers. I dunno about everyone else, but I think that's pretty neat.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:20 AM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Hey guys, we're up 2-0 on the Clippers. I dunno about everyone else, but I think that's pretty neat.
Clippers are so easy to hate. They flex after every dunk even when they are losing.

Such a self anointed bitch crew.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:23 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Clippers are so easy to hate. They flex after every dunk even when they are losing.

Such a self anointed bitch crew.
I don't want to assume anything because we still gotta win two more games, but how sweet would it be if our Mavs ended up being the team that ended this version of the Clippers forever? Because seriously, if the Clippers embarass themselves in the playoffs again, they absolutely have to blow it up. George probably ends up being the scapegoat and gets traded.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 05-26-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:26 AM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't want to assume anything because we still gotta win two more teams, but how sweet would it be if our Mavs ended up being the team that ended this version of the Clippers forever? Because seriously, if the Clippers embarass themselves in the playoffs again, they absolutely have to blow it up. George probably ends up being the scapegoat and gets traded.
Yeah if they lose in the first round after they intentionally dodged the lakers they have to make real roster changes and the scapegoat has to be PG13 imo. Idk who else makes a significant change.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:04 PM   #5
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't want to assume anything because we still gotta win two more games, but how sweet would it be if our Mavs ended up being the team that ended this version of the Clippers forever? Because seriously, if the Clippers embarass themselves in the playoffs again, they absolutely have to blow it up. George probably ends up being the scapegoat and gets traded.
Another scenario would be that Kawhi opts out of his last contract year with the Clippers. If you look at their roster and associated contracts, PG is signed for $40M for multiple years, Morris is signed for multiple years at $15-$17M, Kennard has a salary bump starting next year at $12.7M, Beverly one year at $14M, Zubac for a couple more years at $7.5M, Rondo for another year at $7.5M. Maybe Clippers go into "trade your rotation players" mode and rebuild the roster, or maybe Klaw jumps ship, or maybe both. I agree it is way too early to speculate and it is probably stating the obvious to say there is considerable pressure on the Clippers to make a deep run. Anything short of an appearance in the Finals would be a huge disappointment.

Mavs need a Game 3 win because the Clippers are still very dangerous.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Another scenario would be that Kawhi opts out of his last contract year with the Clippers. If you look at their roster and associated contracts, PG is signed for $40M for multiple years, Morris is signed for multiple years at $15-$17M, Kennard has a salary bump starting next year at $12.7M, Beverly one year at $14M, Zubac for a couple more years at $7.5M, Rondo for another year at $7.5M. Maybe Clippers go into "trade your rotation players" mode and rebuild the roster, or maybe Klaw jumps ship, or maybe both. I agree it is way too early to speculate and it is probably stating the obvious to say there is considerable pressure on the Clippers to make a deep run. Anything short of an appearance in the Finals would be a huge disappointment.

It's possible, but I doubt Kawhi goes anywhere. He seems to love playing in LA. He moved heaven and earth to get there in the first place. He left behind a championship team to get to LA. I have a hard time seeing him going anywhere else when it would undeniably damage his legacy to leave, and when George will almost certainly take the brunt of the blame for this version of the team failing.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:57 AM   #7
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
It's possible, but I doubt Kawhi goes anywhere. He seems to love playing in LA. He moved heaven and earth to get there in the first place. He left behind a championship team to get to LA. I have a hard time seeing him going anywhere else when it would undeniably damage his legacy to leave, and when George will almost certainly take the brunt of the blame for this version of the team failing.
Doesn't Kawhi commute from San Diego via a helicopter? I thought I remember a report about how he loves San Diego so much he commutes or at least did prior to Kobe's accident. I'd be stunned if he left LA.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:22 AM   #8
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

Exactly!
Game 3 will show a lot of how much the Mavs have matured.
They have their foot on their throat and now they have to finish them off so to speak.
It is simply too early in the series to let up at all...especially at home.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:24 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Clippers REALLY wanted to play us

That makes me happy
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:26 AM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Clippers REALLY wanted to play us

That makes me happy
Didn't everyone want us in 2011 too?
Old 05-26-2021, 12:34 AM   #11
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I love Chuck.

"This Doc Rivers fault again"

Old 05-26-2021, 12:48 AM   #12
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

At least Chuck talked about Lukas performance. Shaq can’t ever say good things about Luka.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:17 AM   #13
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
At least Chuck talked about Lukas performance. Shaq can’t ever say good things about Luka.
Chuck is a basketball fan. For Shaq? It's all about him.