Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Gasol may want out

I read it earlier on ESPN.com and they also tlaked a lil about it on PTI. I just thought it was interesting. He said he wanted to play for a contender. Since this whole AI thing is going on, what bout Gasol..any way he fits here with Dirk..or just any thoughts in general.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for the spellin error...if some1 could fix tht..but i think ya know what i mean.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Sorry for the spellin error...if some1 could fix tht..but i think ya know what i mean.
Gaslo and Dirk both play PF. Gaslo's too good to be a backup PF and I don't think I would like one of them playing at Center. So I don't see Gaslo as a good fit in Dallas.
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:37 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Gasol would be the perfect center for this team. Honestly if they could put their rivalry behind them, Gasol and Dirk could be the next Admiral/Cry Baby twin towers.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Nope... not a good fit here!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmmm
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Cant say I blame him... that team sucks. Oh wait, he hasn't even played a game with them yet! I dont know what would happen if Pau or Dirk played the bulk of their minutes at center, but I doubt we'll find out.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:11 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The guy is 7 foot, great post game, great energy, great work ethic. He would be the perfect center for this team.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Gasol doesn't complement Dirk's game.

Gasol is a finesse player, and a scorer at that. While he is a decent rebounder, he is not a particularly good defender, and he is zero as a physical presence. Gasol is a nice player, and I enjoy watching him play, but for anyone suggesting that he is a good fit for the current vintage Mavs,......uh-uh.

Dampier, for all his faults and weaknesses, is a far better complementary player to Dirk than Gasol would ever be.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Man I want him. He's primarily a low-post player who gets it in the box. I'll manage the defensive stuff with two seven foot scorers in there.

"I don't know what it is, but I want it".
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:52 AM   #11
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think the only way he would fit would be as a center, and we'd probably include Diop in the deal. Gasol/Damp could play center, and Gasol could get the backup PF mins as well.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

For that matter, Diop is a far better complementary player to Dirk than Gasol would ever be.

WTF is going on on this board? The mere mention of the possible availability of The Player that Formerly was Iverson gives every fantasy leaguer a case of All-Star-Lineup-itis.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:03 AM   #13
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt touch Diop ever. He is a blessing to this team. Remember when this team was desperately looking for a center and now we have TWO good ones and you just want to get rid of probably on of the most efficient ones in the league not to mention one of the best shot blockers.

In fact, ill go out of my way to say that Diop is my favorite player. Yes. Diop is my favorite player.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:21 AM   #14
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I've ALWAYS liked the idea of Pau on this team. I think his post presence would be a perfect compliment to Dirk. No team has the bigs to guard both, and despite what people say, Pau IS physical.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:25 AM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
...and despite what people say, Pau IS physical.
If you're a Griz fan and you watch him all the time, maybe you know. The dozen or 20 times I've seen him play, he has been very sparing with the physical contact, and against the Mavs and Dampier in particular, he is outright intimidated.

Reputations like his form for a reason, but if you can roll the tape and show otherwise, I'd be willing to watch.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you wanted to go a little more conventional, I could see a trade with Memphis for Pau/Warrick for Damp/Ager/Harris.

They get the center they have been wanting and Damp gets close to home. Ager/Harris are young studs.

Dallas gets a frontcourt of Dirk/Pau/Diop/DJ -- not to shabby with a three man rotation at the 4/5 and DJ getting clean up.

Warrick moves to the 3 with George.
Howard moves to starting SG with Stack/Buck
Terry is the starting guard with SuperSpare2 as backup.

I think it would make the frontline more dominant and harder to defend. Not sure about the defense with Dirk/Pau out there, but maybe.

I would hate to lose Harris/Ager as well, but if you can get a dominant frontline in this league, you can usually win. Twin Towers, Shaq (by himself), Bird/McHale/Parrish, Akeem, Kareem/Worthy. Even the Wallaces were fairly dominant.

The only teams I can remember not having a dominant front line, and still winning, is all Jordans teams, and he really had dominant defensive frontlines Rodman, Oakley, Longley.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
If you're a Griz fan and you watch him all the time, maybe you know. The dozen or 20 times I've seen him play, he has been very sparing with the physical contact, and against the Mavs and Dampier in particular, he is outright intimidated.

Reputations like his form for a reason, but if you can roll the tape and show otherwise, I'd be willing to watch.
I disagree...what I see is that he's not physical enough to get around dampier, not many are to be honest. I don't think he's necessarily a center but he's an inside offensive player that I'd love to see work.

He and dirk are both very unselfish and I'd love to give that a shot.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:02 PM   #18
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

As nice as it is to fantasize... lest we forget Memphis is a division rival and would have to be brain-dead-Isiah-Thomas crazy to consider sending Pau over with Dirk. It is interesting if Pau indeed wants out of the Grizz though, I wonder what team he would realistically land on... Celtics maybe? Atlanta seems to be interested in any big name that comes up as well.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite honestly, Gasol's a good fit on any team.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote