Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default GS vs. Denver

Very important game tonite for us..and wer not even playing in it. I am thinking that it would be better for us if GS won, since Denver is on the outside it would keep them there.

After all we did kinda help them get in last year, maybe they will return the favor ; )

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

i want GS to lose!!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I hate the Warriors, they are way more likely to blow out a top seed team and Denver losing helps our fleeting playoff hopes a lot.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

ya im rooting for gs to win this one.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

OK soo most besides Horse agree so far that it would be better for us if GS won this.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I'm actually rooting for GS to LOSE because based on their remaining schedule it's more difficult for them to make the playoffs than Denver. WE have tiebreaker advantages over GS, not against Denver

GS's remaining difficult games: @ Denver v Dallas @ SAn Antonio @ Dallas @ New Orleans @ Phoenix v Denver

am I not wrong?

it's better fo the mavs if GS loses because they have a more difficult schedule and we have tiebreakers over them, not so against Denver.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

That is compelling!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Its does seem compelling, but the way I see it is Denver is out now and the more they lose the further out it pushes them.

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

I don't see how we could have a tie breaker over Golden State when we still play them twice more this year.

If we can split those games, yes, but if we lose them then Golden State has the tie breaker.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

if we lose both those games then the season series is split 2-2... then it would come down to conference record which is advantage Mavs. The Mavs currently have a better conference record, and since GS/Dallas both have all remaining games against western teams, if they were to finish with the same record then Dallas would have a better record.

The reason to root for Denver tonight is because if we wind up with the same record as Denver we miss, if we wind up with the same record as GS we're in
Old 03-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I see what you are saying, but I am still looking at it like this. Since Denver is out as of right now our team need to win as many game s as they can and hope that Denver loses more games so they stay out.

Looking at it you way is not bad, but its dangerous because we could end up having a worse record thn either of them and then we would be the ones out : (

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #12
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going for GS. Denver's got a pretty damn tough schedule too and they are farther back.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i am not sure how i feel about this game right now.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
ghazi
Platinum Member

denvers only 1/2 a game back of Golden State but we have tiebreaker advantages over GS and 2 more games with them... not so with denver.

we have a little bit more control of our destiny against Golden State + tiebreakers

cmon guys, go nuggets!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #15
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I have decided I want them both to lose. Sigh.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 03-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

what about a tie?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #17
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

for us its probably better that denver wins.. but damn i wanna see GS upset another #1 seed.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I have to root for the Warriors in this one. Since the Nuggets are out i say keep em out and dont try to switch things around.

GO WARRIORS = go mavs : )

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #19
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

All we have to do is win enough of the games remaining to have 1 more win then the Nuggets at the end and we are in.

** One thing no body is talking about is Utah. If they hit a rough stretch...they could end up going from 4th to out of the playoffs and Denver could go from out of the playoffs to 4th

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #20
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

No team in the WC has clinched even a playoff birth yet. This is true insanity.

It's sad that if we had just taken care of business at home a week ago (and Dirk wouldn't of gotten hurt, both) we'd be in the drivers seat close to a #1 seed.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-29-2008 at 04:16 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #21
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I for one still have the playoffs in mind, so I'm hoping for a Denver loss. And the highest scoring game in history, so hopefully the Dubs'll be a bit winded when we take them on tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #22
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

I just checked Utah's schedule and just like every othe team in the West they have a brutal schedule their last 7 games, including playing us.

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #23
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
I for one still have the playoffs in mind, so I'm hoping for a Denver loss. And the highest scoring game in history, so hopefully the Dubs'll be a bit winded when we take them on tomorrow.
4OT win for GS?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 03-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #24
ghazi
Platinum Member

all these people saying theyre rooting for GS make me feel like Im rooting for the wrong team tonight!

I REALLY think its in the Mavs interests for the Nuggets to win this game!

the magic number is 10 against Denver and Golden State right now.. but we have a tiebreakre advantage over Golden State! what am I missing!!!1
Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
what am I missing!!!1
We're subconsciously unable to root for nuggets.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #26
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
all these people saying theyre rooting for GS make me feel like Im rooting for the wrong team tonight!

I REALLY think its in the Mavs interests for the Nuggets to win this game!

the magic number is 10 against Denver and Golden State right now.. but we have a tiebreakre advantage over Golden State! what am I missing!!!1
We won't have that advantage for too long unless Dirk is able to get his ass back in a uniform within the next three days.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #27
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
denvers only 1/2 a game back of Golden State but we have tiebreaker advantages over GS and 2 more games with them... not so with denver.

we have a little bit more control of our destiny against Golden State + tiebreakers

cmon guys, go nuggets!
The fact that we have 2 games left with GS actually supports the argument that we should root for GS tonight....we can't make Denver lose any more games, so we should want them to lose this one. We CAN make GS lose 2 more games.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-29-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
The fact that we have 2 games left with GS actually supports the argument that we should root for GS tonight....we can't make Denver lose any more games, so we should want them to lose this one. We CAN make GS lose 2 more games.
Unless you actually think we WILL make GS lose two more games, it makes a lot more sense to hope for a Denver loss, I think.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Unless you actually think we WILL make GS lose two more games, it makes a lot more sense to hope for a Denver loss, I think.
2-0 against them this season...

Just sayin'...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
2-0 against them this season...

Just sayin'...
No Dirk.....just sayin'

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #31
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Go Mavs! Just sayin'

Is this ghost ball??
Old 03-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #32
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Does anyone have a link for this game?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #33
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Does anyone have a link for this game?
you have to download sopcast first. and you might enjoy it more if you knew Chinese.

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/6001
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #34
StackAttack
Platinum Member

For anyone who wants the League Pass stream:

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia-live...7XWp9oc?e=.asx
Old 03-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #35
StackAttack
Platinum Member

16 points in the first 3 minutes. Christ, this is going to be nuts.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #36
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they tie
Old 03-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #37
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Both teams are extremely entertaining to watch.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #38
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Yep. No member of the Dubs has a conscience of any sort. Makes for great fun.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #39
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing watching Davis and Jackson make those threes. Talk about two players that were made for each other.

I hope GS loses, and the Mavs find someway to kick the Warriors out of the playoff picture. That would be sweet.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #40
LonghornDub

Dubs are the new Suns. By far the most entertaining team in the NBA to watch.