Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #2881
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Best != most loved.
Yes,

but some sports guys are "most loved" because people love tragic losers who come up short.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #2882
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think how good a player they are can definitely be a tie-breaker...

I mean, we're down to Dirk, Aikman, Emmitt and Staubach - all extremely likable guys, so you have to have SOMETHING that swings your personal bias.
good point there. The 4 guys left have a comparable good character. Level of greatness should be the tie-breaker there. I think many people who use espn (dallas) website are so young they haven't watched Aikman, Emmitt and especially Staubach on a regular basis. Maybe the Jersey hanging from the Cowboy stadiums ceiling was the tie-breaker for the guys who voted for Staubach

Edit: btw Jeremy Lin is leading in the NY edition of this poll with 89%-11% against Derek Jeter

Last edited by Firnen; 03-19-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #2883
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firnen View Post
good point there. The 4 guys left have a comparable good character. Level of greatness should be the tie-breaker there. I think many people who use espn (dallas) website are so young they haven't watched Aikman, Emmitt and especially Staubach on a regular basis. Maybe the Jersey hanging from the Cowboy stadiums ceiling was the tie-breaker for the guys who voted for Staubach
Yeah, I was 2-years-old when Staubach retired and my family didn't move to Dallas until 1990, so it's not like my dad grew up watching the Cowboys (I come from a line of Detroit sports fans...)

I do have a special place in my heart for those 90s Cowboys, but I really feel like my biggest investment as a sports fan has been in the Dirk-era Mavericks... He's by far my biggest sports hero, and -- as lame as it sounds -- his tenacity in the playoffs last season was actually a bit of an influence in my own life...

That moment when Dirk walked off the court post-game after beating the Thunder in the WCF and the rest of the team followed ranks near the top of the list of my greatest sports moments - I'm a BIG fan of guys who lead through actions instead of words.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #2884
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, I picked Dirk over Roger... But I would understand if anyone decided to vote Roger.

I'd vote Dirk over Aikman and Dirk over Emmitt.. But I couldn't vote Dirk over Landry or Landry over Dirk.

As far as players go, there's only been one other guy in the history of my sports life that I've been this emotionally invested in (talking about Dirk).. Obviously, that's Dale Murphy. Others that were somewhat close:

Andre Agassi
Chris Evert
Juan Gonzalez
Ed Jones
Danny White
Tony Romo
Jim Jackson
Hank Blalock
Chipper Jones
Larry Parrish
Troy Aikman

Last edited by Murphy3; 03-19-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #2885
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Trust me, I picked Dirk over Roger... But I would understand if anyone decided to vote Roger.

I'd vote Dirk over Aikman and Dirk over Emmitt.. But I couldn't vote Dirk over Landry or Landry over Dirk.
Fair enough...

Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #2886
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
As far as players go, there's only been one other guy in the history of my sports life that I've been this emotionally invested in (talking about Dirk).. Obviously, that's Dale Murphy.
Wow, I never put that together until now - I just thought Murphy was your last name...

Last edited by Underdog; 03-19-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #2887
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Started following him in 1981.. Lived in Abilene and had little to no access to the Rangers but got just about every Braves game on TV.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #2888
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

You all vote like poo poo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #2889
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The question in the poll is "Who do YOU love?", not who does everyone else love.

Dirk won, btw, so now we can argue about Dirk vs Staubach, which is essentially the same argument.
Yeah, I voted for Dirk. I'm just not surprised thet he had a hard time edging out Landry, especially since it's not just locals who can vote. I don't think it's quite the indictment that Firnen seems to think it is. I think it's much worse that Jeremy Lin is getting so many votes. Silly poll.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #2890
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

All those polls are nonsense. They just want to cash in on clicks...
You can´t compare Emmit/Landry/Dirk/Staubach. Sports were much different back then.

Btw. Isn´t Lee Trevino from Texas. He is also very likeable.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 03-19-2012 at 06:05 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #2891
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So anyone thirty and under can't vote, huh.

Should I get off your lawn while I'm at it, old man?
If you are going to dismiss anyone who was around more than 20 or so years ago, then I don't know what to tell you. You aren't much different from the teenage girls who would vote for Dirk because he is "sooooo dreamy!"

If that's your deal, fine. But it doesn't take a lot of effort to understand and then appreciate the guys who were laying the foundation in this sports town when you were dirtying your diapers. If you have no interest in doing that, you seem awfully self-absorbed.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #2892
Underdog

From the comments section: "Landry would win if you had to typewrite your vote and mail it on your way to fill up your Oldsmobille for 40 cents a gallon."

Old 03-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #2893
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I can only laugh at the suggestion that people under thirty are not part of the target demographic for an internet poll.

That being said, who's Tom Landry?

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #2894
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
If you are going to dismiss anyone who was around more than 20 or so years ago, then I don't know what to tell you. You aren't much different from the teenage girls who would vote for Dirk because he is "sooooo dreamy!"

If that's your deal, fine. But it doesn't take a lot of effort to understand and then appreciate the guys who were laying the foundation in this sports town when you were dirtying your diapers. If you have no interest in doing that, you seem awfully self-absorbed.
I'm not dismissing anyone. I fully recognize how great Landry was and how significant he was. I've read both his autobiography and Staubach's biography. I assure you, I have pretty damn good grasp on the entire Landry era Cowboys teams and their significance for someone that never saw a game.

The poll, however, was for the most beloved. Not most important, most impactful, or best. And I have far, far more attachment to many other Dallas sports figures.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-19-2012 at 11:08 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #2895
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Voted for Dirk...he's leading as of this morning. Aikman and Smith are tied.

Easy votes for me from here on out..hate the Cows. Dirk all they way FTW!
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #2896
Underdog

Before last night's game, Dirk's lead was starting to slip at 52-48 - after the game, 55-45...

That's a whole lotta love.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #2897
Justafix

Justafix is on a distinguished road

That's a whole lotta what-have-you-done-for-me-lately-love.
Justafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #2898
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafix View Post
That's a whole lotta what-have-you-done-for-me-lately-love.
Yep, that's how popularity contests work...

Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #2899
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Old 03-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #2900
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is 73 points away from passing the Chuckster on the all-time scoring list.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #2901
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Dirk is 73 points away from passing the Chuckster on the all-time scoring list.
Cool, passing him against the Lakers. There should be a nice ovation when the 2nd half starts then...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #2902
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

“That 1-foot fadeaway, nobody in the league can hit that and he makes it look so easy,” Faried said. “You think you play great D, you contest the shot and he looks at you like, `That’s going to go in every time.’ As a rookie, wow.”
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #2903
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Dirk seems to be in playoff mode right now, which is perfect because of the stretch of teams we are facing now. And it seems to be rubbing off on the guys in the locker room.

Call me silly if you'd like, but should I be worried about Dirk peaking too soon in this season? We can't ignore the fact that he's just now settling into his mid 30's. I hate to be the one that raises a bit of doubt in the guy, but can he really sustain this level of play from March till June?
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #2904
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting fact I just noticed.

This has been a down-year for Dirk with regards to scoring efficiency (due to the injury/conditioning/poor start) and Love has had a monster year.

Still, Love's TS% is only .02% higher than Dirk's! A few more games, Dirk probably passes him. So Dirk is still a more efficient scorer even with a early stretch of struggles.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #2905
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Another random stat.

Dirk is putting up 20 PPG on 49/47/87 shooting on the road vs. 21 PPG on 45/27/87 shooting at home.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #2906
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproxursoxoff View Post
Dirk seems to be in playoff mode right now, which is perfect because of the stretch of teams we are facing now. And it seems to be rubbing off on the guys in the locker room.

Call me silly if you'd like, but should I be worried about Dirk peaking too soon in this season? We can't ignore the fact that he's just now settling into his mid 30's. I hate to be the one that raises a bit of doubt in the guy, but can he really sustain this level of play from March till June?
If anything he was even better from the get go last season. So no, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

In fact it seems to me like Dirk always has a pretty strong March, since Kidd has been here at least that's always the case. He senses it's time to get real and wants to set a tone.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #2907
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproxursoxoff View Post

I learned a long time ago to never doubt Dirk, nothing he does surprises me anymore, he's that amazing. I'm not necessarily expecting him to play as lights out as he did during last year's playoff run, but would it surprise me? Not at all, he's just that darn good. He'll be ready when it counts, he always is.

In Dirk We Trust.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #2908
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
By Jeff Caplan
Dirk Nowitzki got off to such a slow start shooting the basketball that it's hard to fathom that he's actually surpassed last season's stellar marks in any offensive category.

Yet, he has.

The Elias Sports Bureau passed along this nugget: Nowitzki has made 108-of-202 field goal attempts (53.5 percent) from a range of 16-20 feet from the basket this season. That’s better than the 53.0 percent accuracy he had from that range last season, which was the best single-season shooting percentage of his career from 16-20 feet.

So there you go.

ESPN

March 32.7 9.0-17.9 .503 2.1-4.1 .511 5.5-6.0 .909 6.4 2.2 0.2 0.5 2.1 2.8 25.5

Last edited by markus1234; 03-21-2012 at 07:18 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #2909
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Fitting that it looks like Dirk will pass Barkley on the scoring list vs the Rockets.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #2910
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Great Pwn. I must spread.

Bumping Eiren * LOL *
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #2911
Underdog

Dirk pounding Staubach 59-41, Emmitt and Aikman still tied at 50-50...

Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #2912
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Some of you are really annoyed that Dirk wins these matchups?

But look at New York

Who wins this matchup?

27%
(1) Derek Jeter

73%
(4) Jeremy Lin
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #2913
Underdog

Wow, Emmitt edged out Aikman.

Now it's time to see if Dirk can beat the most popular Cowboy from an era that most people can actually remember...

Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #2914
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Dirk is gonna crush Smith.

lol @ NY poll.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #2915
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He's a funny, funny dude.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #2916
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Dirk is #19 on the all time scoring list after tonight, passing Charles Barkley.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #2917
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk didn't know that he was lined up to pass Barkley. He definitely showed a lot of respect towards Barkley. He talked about how he remembered watching him during the Dream Team's run in the Olympics and how Barkley wore 14. That helped Dirk decide to wear 14. When he came into the NBA, he changed it 41. Didn't bring up anything in regards to Barkley's comments earlier this year, just talked about how it will be a special milestone to look back at when he hangs it up.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #2918
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Dirk would need to outscore Kevin Garnett by 15 a game the rest of this season to pass him so I think he'll stick at #19 til next year.

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 03-25-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #2919
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last day to vote for Dirk or Smith as Dallas's most beloved. Come on Dirk!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #2920
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Dirk is gonna crush Smith.

lol @ NY poll.
Demographics is destiny.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer