Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 09:02 AM   #40
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Big mistake was not taking a timeout on that inbound that they turned it over. They could have advanced the ball had they done that.

Siakam was late getting to Brown on his game tying 3. I guess I kinda get not fouling there because you either give him 3 shots, or even worse a 4 point play opportunity.

The Pacers actually did try to foul on that play. Siakam was late because he got screened. Still it was a difficult shot.

Quote:
Joe Mazzulla makes clever move to propel Celtics Game 1 comeback

With Indiana nursing a 3-point lead and eight seconds left in regulation, fouling is the usual play to ensure a team does not have a chance to tie the game with one shot.

Rick Carlisle confirmed after the loss that was the Pacers? intention on the play. However, Joe Mazzulla used a bit of craftiness to force the Pacers and Pascal Siakam into a bind. Jaylen Brown set a screen and then had a delayed one set for him by Derrick White as he curled into the corner. Jrue Holiday found him with the pass after a slight delay on the inbounds and that left Siakam in a tough situation with Brown already entering his gather in the corner.

It was a very well-executed play by the guys to create kind of indecision, Mazzulla said. We were maintaining. I thought D-White set a great screen, I thought Jaylen had great balance. Great pass, great shot. So just a well-executed play by the guys. Good situational awareness, and good execution.
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/202...-comeback.html

Last edited by minkbarn; Today at 09:03 AM.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote