Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #401
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Shows I'm currently watching:
Lost
Battlestar Galactica
The Wire
Flavor of Love

Shows I'm currently waiting to start again:
Rome
New Family Guy episodes (coming next weekend)
Deadwood (or at least the series ending mini-series)
Top Chef
The Sopranos (final half-season)
I watched the first season of Top Chef this weekend. In terms of competitive reality tv, I put it right up there with Amazing Race...and I was sooooo happy that youknowwho didn't win.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #402
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I found "Dexter"

pretty dang solid.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #403
mavs_rock41

mavs_rock41 is on a distinguished road

24 rocks
mavs_rock41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #404
MissNU

MissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura about

Simpsons! Can't wait for the movie!
MissNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #405
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I watched the first season of Top Chef this weekend. In terms of competitive reality tv, I put it right up there with Amazing Race...and I was sooooo happy that youknowwho didn't win.
Mary, is your 'youknowwho' fru-fru, wine-boy Stephen, or did you dislike whiny, sabotaging Tiffani as much as I did in that first season ?

And speaking of Top Chef, that fine program's third season currently stands alongside such trash-reality shows as Hell's Kitchen and The Pirate Master, as well as Entourage, as the only shows I'm really currently watching...
Old 07-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #406
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Mary, is your 'youknowwho' fru-fru, wine-boy Stephen, or did you dislike whiny, sabotaging Tiffani as much as I did in that first season ?

And speaking of Top Chef, that fine program's third season currently stands alongside such trash-reality shows as Hell's Kitchen and The Pirate Master, as well as Entourage, as the only shows I'm really currently watching...
It was definitely Tiffani.....she seemed like a true terror.

I actually grew to like Stephen in some sick, twisted way...

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #407
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Top Chef's a good show. One of the wife's shows that I'm happy to watch with her. There's a local guy in this season's.

BTW, for the Studio 60 people, I thought the last few episodes were really good. Just made me angrier that it's gone.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #408
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen has come full circle now. he is actually humble, believe it or not. He started the turnaround in the season 1 reunion show.

season 2 was weak. but season 3 is back to being good again.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #409
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Stephen has come full circle now. he is actually humble, believe it or not. He started the turnaround in the season 1 reunion show.

season 2 was weak. but season 3 is back to being good again.
That's good to hear about Season 3.

I'm about halfway through Season 2 right now. Its a total abortion.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #410
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Occasionally: Family Guy, Simpsons!!!, King of Queens... (ok, after all those years i've seen all episodes =)

Currently: Catching up on Scrubs (love it, got the DVD-boxes), House MD, Monk, Prison Break and of course: Heroes

mh, that's a whole lot
Old 07-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #411
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

My fav shows:

Who's Line is it Anyway
Everybody Loves Raymond
Seinfeld
American Idol

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #412
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
BTW, for the Studio 60 people, I thought the last few episodes were really good. Just made me angrier that it's gone.
I still haven't watched the last 5 or 6 or whatever it is from the long break they had. I just can't bring myself to do it, bc it pisses me off.

After I'm caught up with LOST I'll guess I'll do that.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #413
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just gave up on 4400 and The Dead Zone... they've been miserable for the past year and a half...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #414
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

My Name is Earl
Man vs. Wild
Big Brother
The First 48
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #415
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
That's good to hear about Season 3.

I'm about halfway through Season 2 right now. Its a total abortion.
Well, I just finished season two last night...talk about a cast full of douchebags. To some extent, I really disliked everyone. The Cliff/Marcel incident was one of the more uncomfortable things I've seen on television. It went way beyond horseplay, as Cliff seem to really get off on holding someone half his size, face down into the carpet. If that would've been me, the a-hole would've at least lost an ear, an eye-ball, and the ability to procreate.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #416
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Sam was reasonably likeable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #417
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
I thought Sam was reasonably likeable.
Sam was okay most of the time, or at least tolerable......it didn't hurt that he was "sex-on-a-stick" hot.

Last edited by mary; 07-13-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #418
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Season 2 just reeked of immaturity, bitchiness, and wusses. Ilan was a complete douchebag. "dude, you're a virgin". ummm, what? what does that have to do with cooking? if you want to make fun of marcel's foams, go ahead, he deserves it. but making fun of his virginity?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #419
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Sam was okay most of the time, or at least tolerable......it didn't hurt that he was "sex-on-a-stick" hot.

Thankfully that's not QUITE how my wife put it, but I believe she shared your overall opinion.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #420
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

How I Met Your Mother is pretty dang funny

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #421
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i wish How I Met Your Mother would lose the laugh track. I really like that show, but all the other comedies i watch (office, scrubs, 30 rock, etc.) don't have one, so it becomes really noticeable.

I also think it detracts from the scenes. One of the best things about HIMYM is how the characters interact. They always rip on each other, and actually laugh at each other's jokes, which is a nice touch. throwing the laugh track in there hurts that natural action, i think.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #422
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i wish How I Met Your Mother would lose the laugh track. I really like that show, but all the other comedies i watch (office, scrubs, 30 rock, etc.) don't have one, so it becomes really noticeable.

I also think it detracts from the scenes. One of the best things about HIMYM is how the characters interact. They always rip on each other, and actually laugh at each other's jokes, which is a nice touch. throwing the laugh track in there hurts that natural action, i think.
My wife got me into this....begrudgingly. It's pretty funny I suppose

My main reason to watch this: That chick Robin on there. Ohhhh yeah.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #423
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

The "Robin Sparkles" episode was hilarious. I think that was also the introduction of the Slap Bet.

"Let's go to... The mall!" Great video.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #424
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Slap Bet = greatness

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #425
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Slap Bet = greatness
I would've definitely taken the 10 slaps right then and there.

How many of the 5 has he used? Is that show even coming back?
Old 07-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #426
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I know he used one after Barney's one-man show, after the last commercial break. That's one great thing about this show... they don't completely drop minor storylines like that.

hell, they explained the spaghetti stain on robin's shirt like 6 epiodes after they first commented on it.

It's coming back, as far as I know. But "The Class" is not. That show had a rough start, but actually got better.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 07-13-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #427
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Oh it's definitely coming back. It's been pretty successful in it's first two seasons.

He's used 2 of the slaps so far.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #428
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

In general, that's the only CBS show I've ever even been able to watch a little bit.

I don't know why, but they're programming never interests me much.

I definitely became an NBC whore at some point, between Heroes and Studio 60, Scrubs, The Office, Earl, and I guess 30 Rock is tolerable, but really not my favorite. I used to watch ER, but not anymore.

on Fox I'll watch 24, on CBS I'll watch How I met your mother, and on ABC, LOST.

Oh how I miss TV and Sports
Old 07-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #429
Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler will become famous soon enough

Current shows that I TIVO:

Man -vs- Wild - If you've never seen this show...give it a try and you'll be hooked
MindFreak - I still can't figure out even one trick...
Big Brother - watched every season but the first...I'm hooked
Pirate Master - bad show...but I still watch
The Office - Love it!!
...pretty much anything on Discovery, History Channell

Can't wait for new season of Heroes and Prison Break

...anybody else get into 6 degrees? sad to see that they cut it.
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #430
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I watch a few CBS shows - HIMYM, CSI (Vegas only), Amazing Race, Survivor... i think that's about it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #431
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Tivo'd shows:

The Kill Point- just debuted tonight. What a great way to start off a series. Has some really good actors.

Rescue Me- Dennis Leary might be the baddest man alive.

Law & Order Special Victims Unit- Good show. With a show like this, it is easy to get redundant. I've never seen 2 of the same kind of episodes.

Making the Band 4- love P. Diddy for the past 14yrs. I'll buy anything he's selling.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #432
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah, that Man vs Wild show is pretty awesome.

You wonder sometimes while he's fighting through some think ass trees, and the camera man seems to be following along side just fine, but eh oh well.

He does some pretty crazy stuff, eats some pretty crazy stuff, and you always learn a lot of stuff you didn't know before. So I'll tolerate a little off camera help here or there.

It's a pretty awesome show. The Discovery Channel has really done some great stuff in the last few years. I hope they keep it up.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 AM   #433
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

New shows I've been watching:

Shaq's Big Challenge (Shaq is actually likable in this show)
Don't Forget the Lyrics
The Singing Bee

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 AM   #434
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
New shows I've been watching:

Shaq's Big Challenge (Shaq is actually likable in this show)
Don't Forget the Lyrics
The Singing Bee
THREE???? 3 "reality shows????"

Noooo!!!! come back from the dark side Nashty.

The only true "reality television" is sports.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #435
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah, that Man vs Wild show is pretty awesome.

You wonder sometimes while he's fighting through some think ass trees, and the camera man seems to be following along side just fine, but eh oh well.

He does some pretty crazy stuff, eats some pretty crazy stuff, and you always learn a lot of stuff you didn't know before. So I'll tolerate a little off camera help here or there.

It's a pretty awesome show. The Discovery Channel has really done some great stuff in the last few years. I hope they keep it up.
the man forgot his name actually goes ahead and sets up cameras to get the footage. i saw one episode where he was too tired to set up the cameras so he filmed it with a hand held he carried with him. he has to luge 3 cameras around and all the gear to set em up.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 AM   #436
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
the man forgot his name actually goes ahead and sets up cameras to get the footage. i saw one episode where he was too tired to set up the cameras so he filmed it with a hand held he carried with him. he has to luge 3 cameras around and all the gear to set em up.
His name is Bear Grylls.... and he has cameramen with him. He also has recently been caught sleeping in Motel rooms on evenings that he is supposed to be in the middle of one of his adventures.

I've only seen one episode... where he was in Canada I think? He "found" an abandoned house and from there he got the idea that he needed to get across the lake because tourist boats tour the ice glaciers that were on the other side....

As he was walking towards the lakeside of the house he "found" an "abandoned" boat that would make his trek faster. But that boat looked brand spanking new.

I watched the rest of the episode but thought that was a little too convenient. Not to mention that his hair always looked perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Discovery's "Man vs. Wild" Caught Faking Aspects Of Show : [ send to a friend ]

Discovery Channel is taking a close look at one of its most popular series, "Man vs. Wild," after allegations that its host was in fact spending the night in motels when he was supposed to be surviving the great outdoors.

The network issued a statement Monday in response to an investigation launched by British television network Channel 4. Channel 4 says that host Bear Grylls had partaken of indoor accommodations on at least two occasions when his series had depicted him spending the night in the wild.

In each episode of the series, Grylls is airlifted into the wilderness with only a few tools to aid in his survival, such as a flint or water bottle. A former British special forces soldier, Grylls is typically depicted as surviving for several days without intervention or interruption while cameramen follow him offscreen.

But among the charges made against Grylls is that a raft he is depicted as having built himself actually was constructed and then disassembled by consultants to the show in order for the host to put it together. In another episode, Grylls happens upon what are re
ferred to as wild horses that were said to be brought in from a trekking station.

"Discovery Communications has learned that isolated elements of the 'Man vs. Wild' show in some episodes were not natural to the environment," the network said in a statement.

But the company gave no indication about parting ways with the series, only making certain unspecified alterations.

"Moving forward, the program will be 100% transparent and all elements of the filming will be explained upfront to our viewers," Discovery said.

They didn't elaborate on what exact measures will be taken but it could simply mean a disclaimer will precede each episode informing that some events are dramatized.
link
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #437
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
"Moving forward, the program will be 100% transparent and all elements of the filming will be explained upfront to our viewers," Discovery said.
I look forward to that. I like this show, and am perfectly willing to accept a little stretch of reality here or there, but it would be awfully nice if they would tell us about it.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #438
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

damn it, damn it, damn it. why oh why is studio 60 gone? I had waited to watch the final 6 episodes, simply because i was still pissed it was cancelled.

i watched them all over the past 2 days. talk about a great show. And it really did a great job of conveying in its shows the exact thing that Studio 60 was going through (poor ratings, critically acclaimed).

I'll always hate the fact that everything they always said was "funny" on the show within the show actually wasn't funny at all... maybe that was a running joke.

anyway, as the father of a new baby girl, the last few episodes definitely got to me. I was acting just like Danny Tripp was, even bragging about the APGAR scores (and this was before i ever saw the episode).

Just a great show, amazingly well-acted, well-written, great cast even down to the minor characters (i really liked the air force captain that was in the last few episodes. I think he's been on "Las Vegas", but i never watch that show). DL Hughley used to annoy me, but he came on strong. Steven Weber was simply amazing on this show. He was probably the best part of the show for me.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #439
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ugh. I too have been putting off watching the last Studio 60's.

I guess I will do that this month.

Damn you, cruel TV ratings....
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #440
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

re-watched seasons 1 and 2 of How I Met Your Mother, again... what a show

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?