Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #41
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Murph. You are one mean nun.

I too think it was a mistake to replace classy Kevin with Humble Billy. When he gets to begging the fans to get loud, I want to gag him.
I don't like Billy, but I don't like Kevin all that much either. He filled in at a game last year.. every other statement he makes that ends in the word "Mavericks," he pauses for two seconds and says, ".... and their fans!!" Shut up. We know who we are.

Quote:
She loves to make fun of the dancers, and the women shooting hoops for Minyards bucks.
As long as you cheer for Granny Cinatl, it's all good.

What I used to love that's no longer being used is the Rasheed-Wallace-behind-bars image during the "don't throw crap onto the court or we'll throw you out and you'll be subject to prosecution" speech. That made me laugh every time I saw it. Seems like they got rid of it as soon as 'sheed got a ring.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin filled in for humble billy last year and he stunk it up. Absolutely sucked the life out of the building. Give me humble anytime and everytime.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #43
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Talking

[QUOTE=Murphy3 If you're high, you probably enjoy the Mavs presenetation...[/QUOTE]

yep, i usually do...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
Ditto. I've been to over 100 games the last 4+ seasons and I couldn't be happier with the basketball product.

Some stuff hits, some stuff misses. I know that I'm not the primary audience for "Mystery Mavs" or something like that, so why should I care? Some of it is for people who don't know/care much about sports and some of it is for kids. It doesn't take away from the basketball experience, and I certainly don't feel a need to try and prove my sports-fandom-legitimacy by taking a shit all over it on a message board. Anything that brings people to the game, makes them smile or have a good time, and leave saying, "that was fun, I like the Dallas Mavericks," I'm all for.

On the other hand, I went to some Big 12 tournament games a couple weeks ago and almost fell asleep. The rims and court weren't mic'ed, which took a LOT away from the basketball watching experience. The PA guy was so mushmouthed that he actually made me wish for Billy Hayes, who I usually loathe.
Humbe Billy Hayes does take away from the basketball experience. I don't mind Mavsman or the dancers.... But, Humble Billy Hayes is enough to sap the life force out of anyone.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:18 AM   #45
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Kevin filled in for humble billy last year and he stunk it up. Absolutely sucked the life out of the building. Give me humble anytime and everytime.
I was at that game, and I couldn't agree more! I'm one of the few it seems that actually likes Humble Billy. He makes me laugh. I used to love when he said, "Nick Van Exel in the vicinity of the lane for twooooooooooo shots." Now he says, "Jet Terry on the runway for twoooooooooooo shots." One game I attended a player was bleeding and Humble said, "Timeout on the floor for infectious disease control." I thought that was hilarious. Now, I'll admit, I laugh at just about ANYTHING, but I enjoy Humble in a sick and twisted way.

As for the whole game experience, you can't please all 20,000 people all of the time. I think Cuban does a great job of making the games enjoyable for the wide variety of people he reaches. I have never left the game thinking that I didn't get my money's worth!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.

Last edited by raefformvp; 03-28-2006 at 07:20 AM.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #46
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Now if you want to talk history, who can ever forget the Jumbotron antics against Utah in the Mavs 1st playoff series at reunion? Remember the entire Jazz team in the infant ward bassinets, all whining? or the Karl Malone 10 second countdowns while at the free throw line. It may be the only time in the history of sports an owner was fined for what his scoreboard crew did.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #47
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Now if you want to talk history, who can ever forget the Jumbotron antics against Utah in the Mavs 1st playoff series at reunion? Remember the entire Jazz team in the infant ward bassinets, all whining? or the Karl Malone 10 second countdowns while at the free throw line. It may be the only time in the history of sports an owner was fined for what his scoreboard crew did.
I don't remember that. I do remember the 02-03 playoff series against the Kings though. There was some good stuff. Vlade "Smokin' in the Boys Room" was classic.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
I don't remember that. I do remember the 02-03 playoff series against the Kings though. There was some good stuff. Vlade "Smokin' in the Boys Room" was classic.
And doug christie on a leash..

The funniest one I've ever,ever seen was against the lakers with Shaq. So it was out of a time-out and Shaq was in the middle of the arena at half-court. He was by himself and waiting for a foul-shot I think.

Anyway...an cartoon came on with the Shaq(Fat) Albert theme. It was Hey Hey Hey it's SHAQ ALBERT!!..

Shaq absolutely cracked up, he was dying out in the middle of the arena while both teams laughed it up as well. Quite funny.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote