Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future
Default Dirk chewing Avery?

someone on dallasbasketball.com mentioned that Avery was absolutely cutting into Dirk during a timeout and Dirk was throwing back F bombs at Avery... I don't remember but then again I missed the entire first half due to work (man I'm pissed right now)

can anyone elaborate?

Last edited by WraithXx; 03-29-2006 at 12:42 AM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #2
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Fast break, two on one, I believe Billups finished it, Dirk almost got it. I don't remember how the ball was turned over, so I don't know if he was ripping Dirk for his defense on the 2-on-1 break, or for something he did on the offensive end.

Anyway, Avery was yelling at him, really getting on his face, Dirk kinda yelled back and turned his back on Avery and walked out of the huddle. I have no idea what to make of this, but I'm sure both will be fine.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:56 AM   #3
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

These guys have a huge amount of respect for each other; I'm over it and I bet they both are too.

Last edited by wescx; 03-29-2006 at 12:56 AM.
wescx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:58 AM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

That's not a good sign at all. Atleast not at this point of the season. AJ is helping you Dirk. STFU and listen.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:00 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm guessing Dirk is getting sick of AJ's bullshit schemes which take the ball away from him. Either that or AJ's consistent rookie coaching errors.

Last edited by Drbio; 03-29-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:39 AM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Fast break, two on one, I believe Billups finished it, Dirk almost got it. I don't remember how the ball was turned over, so I don't know if he was ripping Dirk for his defense on the 2-on-1 break, or for something he did on the offensive end.

Anyway, Avery was yelling at him, really getting on his face, Dirk kinda yelled back and turned his back on Avery and walked out of the huddle. I have no idea what to make of this, but I'm sure both will be fine.
Thanks bern, I don't think this is an unusual occurence in NBA huddles. Dirk and Jet made up last year - people get fired up when they really care about something. I'm sure something positive will come out of this - we are not a negative team.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:40 AM   #7
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

dp

Last edited by orangedays; 03-29-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

They'll be fine.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #9
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

My dad yelled at me before and I walked away from him too... he slapped me around a bit then we're good as new.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen dirk and avery get into it more than once. Most of the time it seems it's avery yelling someting and dirk will respond with a "wt*" do you want me to do when x and x is happening. Basically telling AJ that he's not seeing the whole picture.

But there's a bunch o' cussing going on.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #11
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I would love to hear Dirk just go off cussing in German

Sheisen Hosen glendenfieken heiser meichen
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I would love to hear Dirk just go off cussing in German

Sheisen Hosen glendenfieken heiser meichen
Actually someone asked him that once and he said, no he cusses in english. He says what good is it if no one understands you are cussing them out.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #13
orangedays
Platinum Member

Have players ever been T'd up for cussing at the refs in another language? How would the refs know? What if the player was just screaming, "Though I respectfully disagree with your call, I humbly accede to it. I hope you enjoy the flowers I picked for you"?
Old 03-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #14
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

good point.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i liked that one orangedays..
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Actually he said he does that to officials. I dont know but it was in an article several years ago for just that reason.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #17
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

I think the fact that dirk has the relationship with avery where he feels comfortable voicing his displeasure is a good thing. I never saw him do it with nellie so it could be a good b/c nellies always wanted him more vocal and demanding.