Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 07-30-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default Zarkawi Captured?

Report: Zarqawi captured on Syrian-Iraq border
7/30/2004 6:00:00 PM GMT

Reports in Kuwait on Friday said a man assumed to be Abu Musab Zarqawi has been captured.

Source: Al Bawaba

Reports in Kuwait on Friday said a man assumed to be Al Qaeda leader in Iraq, Abu Musab Zarqawi has been captured near the Syrian border.
The report claimed that the man was captured during a joint operation by U.S. occupation forces and Iraqi police, Al Siyasah newspaper, quoting Iraqi sources, said Friday.

It also said that the suspect was caught in a white shirt and jeans, and he gave no resistance when he realized his hideout was besieged, according to Iraqi police.

The U.S. and Iraqi investigators are trying to identify the captive and has sent his DNA sample for testing, the unconfirmed report indicated.

Zarqawi is the most wanted suspect in Iraq and has a U.S. bounty of $25 million on his head.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/new...ervice_id=2955
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2004, 04:19 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Zarqawi Captured?

This is just to distract from the unjust war in Iraq.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The above report was from Al-Jazeera, so you can take it how you will. The fact that Al-Jazeera is reporting something that could only be seen as a blow to international Islamic terrorism is a little strange, so I think there is some truth to it.

It cannot be denied that we captured this al-Qaeda terrorist earlier this week.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:08 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Zarqawi Captured?

Durn....Missed by a day!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:16 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This must be yet another Republican dirty trick intended to nullify the polling impact of the Dem convention (just like the Berger leak). Even if we did nab him, the lying Bush administration probably knew where Zarqawi was and could have taken him into custody weeks ago...
Old 07-30-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This can't be true. Uber intellectuals like Mavdog and his girlfriend reeds keeps telling us that Iraq and Al-Quaeda aren't related.

[img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:44 PM   #7
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
This can't be true. Uber intellectuals like Mavdog and his girlfriend reeds keeps telling us that Iraq and Al-Quaeda aren't related.

Where exactly in this news blurb did it say that Zarqawi was affiliated with Saddam Hissein and the Iraqi government?
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Epitome22
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

Where exactly in this news blurb did it say that Zarqawi was affiliated with Saddam Hissein and the Iraqi government?
Haven't you seen the written treaty of cooperation?? That's the only proof you would recognize anyway. Al Queda can live there, get financial help, be asked to come to iraq for talks. But since that doesn't constitute a "collaborative operational relationship".

Quote:
Similar meetings between Iraqi officials and Bin Ladin or his aides may have occurred in 1999 during a period of some reported strains with the Taliban. According to the reporting, Iraqi officials offered Bin Ladin a safe haven in Iraq. Bin Ladin declined, apparently judging that his circumstances in Afghanistan remained more favorable than the Iraqi alternative. The reports describe friendly contacts and indicate some common themes in both sides’ hatred of the United States. But to date we have seen no evidence that these or the earlier contacts ever developed into a collaborative operational relationship. Nor have we seen evidence indicating that Iraq cooperated with al Qaeda in developing or carrying out any attacks against the United States.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #9
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

uh huh. they "may have occurred."

Nothing that they worked together, nothing that there was any cooperation.

that however does not stop you from making the claim, it just shows that the claim has no credibility.

edit: look, it would be wonderful news if Zarqawi was captured or killed. he's a scrouge on the midddle east. he's a threat to our troops and to the Iraqi people.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:21 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

I guess you haven't seen the written treaty either... Oh well, I guess we'll have to keep looking...not.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:41 AM   #11
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

He only sees, reads and believes what he wants to.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:50 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

BAGHDAD, July 29 (Reuters) - Reports that Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has been captured in Iraq are false, a senior U.S. military officer and Iraq's Interior Ministry said on Thursday.

Unsourced reports had been circulating on some Web sites saying Zarqawi had been captured by Iraqi police and that DNA tests were being conducted to confirm his identity.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:47 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

I'm just not sure who I would rather hear has bitten the dust, zarqawi or the maggot moore. Maybe I now know how the vietnam vets felt about hanoi jane and hanoi kerry.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:48 PM   #14
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
I'm just not sure who I would rather hear has bitten the dust, zarqawi or the maggot moore. Maybe I now know how the vietnam vets felt about hanoi jane and hanoi kerry.
your obsession and preoccupation with moore has got the better of you. now you wish for his death, and to top it off you ask if would be better if he or zarqawi bit the dust?

grab a hold of youself, you're loosing it.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:59 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Moore is a traitor and not worthy of the blood that was shed by patriots to by the freedom that he now abuses to make an ass of himself while working as a political pawn of the Islamic Terrorists. Too bad Moore wasn't in the Twin Towers on 9/11.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:30 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Quote:
now you wish for his death, and to top it off you ask if would be better if he or zarqawi bit the dust?
Yup...i believe I do. And no it would be BETTER if zarqawi bit the dust, but I would be about as happy if old maggot moore bit it.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:43 PM   #17
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I wish Moore would do a live documentary about terrorists such as Zarqawi. And let the chips fall where they may.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote