Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

after this pitiful show,and another pitiful playoff,i'd say blow this fucking team up,alot has got to change.

of course,first of all,let that FAT BITCH PEOPLE CALL NELLIE GO!!!!FIRE IS ASS!!!!
secondly,mike is done,he's doing nothing for us so many mediocre players could'nt do,and i much rather see griffin gets more minutes,than mike playing 35-40,maybe Spreewell.

Trade Nash,yes,Trade steve,whos showen he can only play when it means absolutly nothing,should get a serious PF from the east and a nice back up PG for him.

Cut Raef loose,see who would be willing to accept him huge contract,that Nellie insisted he should have.even if we fire him he still find ways of fucking us up.

Trade shawn to NY,i'd love to see Kurt Thomas guarding Webber.

all in all,players that should stay are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]irk,Eddie,Adrian.
anything else is expandable.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Nellie didn't do anything wrong tonight. File this under "blatant knee-jerk-ism"
Old 05-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nellie put together this team...the top 7 players on the team, none are above average man to man defenders.

you cannot survive in the playoffs with that type of defense
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:17 PM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

ahh. I'll be the first to tell you where to go.

Honestly, think about it. By your measure of success, a flash in the pan would represent a gold rush. It's probably not our year this year. But I'm going to stick with them. Sure, changes need to be made, but nothing wholesale.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #5
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Everyone is expendable except Dirk.

Either Nash or Van Exel: One of them should go and it's looking more and more like Steve. Trade steve to Toronto for Alvin Williams or Mo Peterson. We're more athletic and better defensivly already.

Trade Finley for a younger buck. He doesen't have to have half the talent. If he can dribble and play some semblance of defense I'll be satisfied. Cory Maggete would be nice.

Both Raef and Bradley: These 2 effeminate cream puffs need to get out of here as soon as possible. If NY still wants Bradley, trade him, Kurt Thomas would be nice but I'd even accept Lee Nailon, ANYBODY. See if they'll agree to take Raef too, if not, either swallow his contract and keep him on as the 7th or 8th man off the bench or trade him to the first team that wants him. I'd like Olowokandi here but since others don't like him, I'd accept PJ Brown, Dale Davis, Brian Grant whatever gladly even though most of them aren't really centers. To be honest, I'd take Earl Boykins as the new mavs starting center of those pasty sisters currently inhabiting the mavs roster.

Walt Williams is too slow and too one dimensional. Popeye Jones is done. Antoine Rigadeau should find a first class ticket back to france if the Mavs knew what was good for them. Everyone else is live with able but if anything better comes along, jump on it. Dirk is still young. This can be a good team someday.

Most of all. Kick Nellie's ass out the door.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #6
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I'm with you scooter. if Nellie should be gone, then say buh bye to the big 3 too, because they didn't even show up tonight
Old 05-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Look man chill. Isn't it nellie's fault for not putting griffin on peja. Kurt Thomas please. Sign and trade for a defensive pf like PJ Brown. Nellie won't get fired he is signed on with the team for 6 years as a gm for 3 years and then a consultant. Remember the mavs went with a 7 man rotation and big time minutes for Dirk and nash for the last series.

I am mad at nellie for not running the offense through Dirk. He showed tonight that he is a good passer and is capable of finding the open man. This is a little bit of an abberation.

jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:30 PM   #8
Tank

Tank is on a distinguished road

who should go?

1.nellie
2.bradley
3.lafrentz
4.nash

cut nellie loose nuff said

bradley to ny for thomas + picks money other players whatever

trade lafrentz and nash to detroit for wallace and barry (probally never happen but can allways hope)
Old 05-06-2003, 10:32 PM   #9
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Someone pull up that list of free agents again. Might as well start daydreaming about the future.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:35 PM   #10
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

It was *one* game. They played incredibly well, we didn't. We'll play better next time. In short, get over it.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:37 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Would it be to much to ask for a Stoopid Thread? You guys just look like idiots making these posts after 1 game. Mavs may get swept yes but atleast wait till after this round. Be a fan.

What sense does this post make? Lets trade Finley. Oh but he is sucking but lets get a good player for him anyway. Nash is sucking but well lets trade him for a better player. Lets trade Lafrentz and Bradley who suck but well maybe other teams don't think so. Enough is enough.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:38 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

This game was much like what was expected. We will be back. No need to trade anyone. Just add a few more elements and FIRE NELLIE.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:39 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< who should go?

1.nellie
2.bradley
3.lafrentz
4.nash

cut nellie loose nuff said

bradley to ny for thomas + picks money other players whatever

trade lafrentz and nash to detroit for wallace and barry (probally never happen but can allways hope)
>>

I take some of my posts back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If we could get Kurt for Bradley or Nash and Lafrentz for Wallace thats somethign interesting.

1996-2005
Old 05-06-2003, 10:39 PM   #14
Epitome22
Golden Member

You're right FilthyFinMavs. These guys suck so bad, not even the Nuggets would want them.

Cut them all and bring up NBDL fodder. Hope for the best.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:41 PM   #15
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

No one will take on LaFrentz and his huge contract. Also we should keep Bradley. He has a reasonable contract and the ability to change a game against teams who are weak in the middle. We just canĀ“t rely on him against better teams in the playoffs. So I say keep him as an 8th or 9th man, as a tool for certain matchups.

Who needs to go are all those useless swingman a la Walt, Rigadeau, either Bell or Griff at guard and also either NVE or Nash. Replace those guys (3 or 4 roster spots) with defensive minded athletic players. They donĀ“t have to be the most talentet just have to work hard and d up. Also we should try to bring in a banger and actually play him some, but the same has been said last year allready. Overall no need to panic yet. ItĀ“s just one game and pretty much can happen in sports. If we get swept or lose the series decesively itĀ“s time for action.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:43 PM   #16
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

the trade-everyone-but-Dirk mentality may seem logical, but you run the huge risk of completely destroying chemistry (which is not to be underestimated) and not quite addressing what this team needs . . .

sure, it sounds nice to say we should trade nash and lafrentz for a guy like ben wallace, because we're addressing our defense, but then again, you're also losing a key outside threat and one of the top ten players in the league at creating for other players. sure, we're all down on his inconsistency, but i actually like my chances with nash than nick, because a strong mentality can be developed through enough playoff experiences. nick, while mentally stronger, is too much of a shoot first guy that stalls our offense IMO.

anyways, i'm not even quite sure what this team needs. sure we need defense, but was defense really the reason we lost this game or even the portland series for that matter. honestly, i didn't see either portland or sacramento stopping us defensively either. we just either executed poorly on offense or simply missed shots. one way to look at us versus the kings is that the kings are simply the superior offensive team which is why they consistently beat us, not because they're that much better on defense. i'm not saying our defense is good, but i'm only saying that we can't just sacrifice giving up quality offensive players to bring in defense minded players. there needs to be a compromise somewhere and some further analysis done on what the mavs need to become a better team, which is what Nelson, Cuban, and staff need to do in the offseason. a change definitely needs to be made which the team did not do last offseason. i just don't think we need a drastic change. in my mind, we're going to be the second best team in the league next year. lakers are starting to decline and the spurs just can't go all the way unless duncan gets more support IMO. anyways, just wanted to say that trading the whole team is not the answer to our problems.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 10:48 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< You're right FilthyFinMavs. These guys suck so bad, not even the Nuggets would want them.

Cut them all and bring up NBDL fodder. Hope for the best.
>>

If the NBDL will take them lets let the game begin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 05-06-2003, 10:51 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< No one will take on LaFrentz and his huge contract. Also we should keep Bradley. He has a reasonable contract and the ability to change a game against teams who are weak in the middle. We just canĀ“t rely on him against better teams in the playoffs. So I say keep him as an 8th or 9th man, as a tool for certain matchups.

Who needs to go are all those useless swingman a la Walt, Rigadeau, either Bell or Griff at guard and also either NVE or Nash. Replace those guys (3 or 4 roster spots) with defensive minded athletic players. They donĀ“t have to be the most talentet just have to work hard and d up. Also we should try to bring in a banger and actually play him some, but the same has been said last year allready. Overall no need to panic yet. ItĀ“s just one game and pretty much can happen in sports. If we get swept or lose the series decesively itĀ“s time for action.
>>

I agree. Lets not panic yet. The trade Nash or Nick thing is hard. I believe regardless of how he is playing now he has the more trade bait. Being 3rd team ALL NBA is a result of his play in the season. Nick who has been playing great ball could start for us. I'm not into seeing Nash go yet though. This might be a stupid move but atleast look at the free agency list. I'm not into Keon Clark and Raef tandem. I never did understand why it didn't work out in Denver and if it didn't there it will more than likelly fail much worse here.

1996-2005
Old 05-06-2003, 10:51 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

difficult to discuss this during the series..probably a better idea to wait until after the series is over so that things can hopefully be looked at through more objective eyes
Old 05-06-2003, 10:57 PM   #20
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

btw charlie Nick is not a shootfirst pg.. nelson has him playing like that because no one else can take it to the hole or because we need more offensive production.. he could dish with the best of them.. and average a good number of assists before he got here..heres some achievements:

Posted 23 assists, adding 8 points and 8 rebounds, against the Vancouver Grizzlies on 1/5/97

Led the Lakers in assists and three-pointers made and attempted for the fifth straight season in 1997-98

Notched his 3,000th career assist, recording game-highs of 29 points and 9 assists, against the Sacramento Kings on 4/10/99

Ranked 9th in the NBA in assists per game (7.4) in 1999

Ranked 2nd in the NBA in assists per game with 9.0 in 1999-2000

Ranked 3rd in the NBA in assists in 2000-01

Ranked 12th in the NBA in assists in 2001-02 (because he lost mcdyess and had to carry the scoring load..no one else on that denver team...)
Old 05-06-2003, 11:04 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

sure, NVE is a shoot first PG
but yes, he can distribute the ball as well

i have extreme issues with the mavs dumping the inside game. the mavs were effective when getting the ball down low to dirk, eddie, nve, and najera early

why go away from this?
Old 05-06-2003, 11:06 PM   #22
Charlie Brown

drty

i understand that nick's role on this team is to shoot as don nelson has ordered . . . but i've seen nick play with the lakers and the nuggets and he appears most effective when he's taking tons of shots, not necessarily as the passer . . . he can pass the ball, but that doesn't mean he can run a team . . . there's a big difference . . .

nash, if he would just grow some balls, could be the ideal point guard for our team . . . . in the playoffs i mean, not just regular season
Old 05-06-2003, 11:06 PM   #23
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I actually gained a lot of respect for Nick in this yearĀ“s playoffs. He may be doing too much sometimes and gets a bit out of control, but at least he comes to play every game and heĀ“s not afraid to take it to the hole.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:06 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< sure, NVE is a shoot first PG
but yes, he can distribute the ball as well

i have extreme issues with the mavs dumping the inside game. the mavs were effective when getting the ball down low to dirk, eddie, nve, and najera early

why go away from this?
>>

Well I don't think it wlll win us the game. I honestly don't. Mavs won 60 games because of there 3 pointers. Thats something they went away from. While it's good to go away from them and make them the last resort they still settle for jumpers rather than driving to the hole.

1996-2005
Old 05-06-2003, 11:07 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< difficult to discuss this during the series..probably a better idea to wait until after the series is over so that things can hopefully be looked at through more objective eyes >>

I'll have to agree with you on this one Murph. Although it is tough after a loss like tonight's, and you just want to lash out at something or somebody. Now is not the best time to do this.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:10 PM   #26
Charlie Brown

man,

only if nick was 6'6&quot; and could play defense . . .

anyways, back to reality

if nash shows nothing this WHOLE series, i'd be inclined to push nick towards the starting role next year . . .
Old 05-06-2003, 11:12 PM   #27
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< if nash shows nothing this WHOLE series, i'd be inclined to push nick towards the starting role next year . . .
>>

If weĀ“d keep Nash and make Nick the starter weĀ“d have a third team all nba player as our backup pg. Funny thought.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:12 PM   #28
Epitome22
Golden Member

If you think about it, the real title of this post should &quot;who should stay&quot;
Old 05-06-2003, 11:14 PM   #29
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

sorry
Old 05-06-2003, 11:15 PM   #30
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

<< drty

i understand that nick's role on this team is to shoot as don nelson has ordered . . . but i've seen nick play with the lakers and the nuggets and he appears most effective when he's taking tons of shots, not necessarily as the passer . . . he can pass the ball, but that doesn't mean he can run a team . . . there's a big difference . . .

nash, if he would just grow some balls, could be the ideal point guard for our team . . . . in the playoffs i mean, not just regular season
>>

i understand what you are trying to say.. but he can run a team extremely well.. like today he TRIED to get the team involved, but no one was making anything... You notice when nick was in the game, the team seemed a bit better... I love nash too, but he is the one in my opinion that looks out of control at times running around and getting stuck in corners throwing the ball away...Dirk should have got the ball more though thats for sure...
Old 05-06-2003, 11:15 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

i'm not saying to go exclusively with the inside game..just saying that there's nothing wrong with playing a little inside-out basketball. especially when it's working very effectively
Old 05-06-2003, 11:17 PM   #32
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

<< i'm not saying to go exclusively with the inside game..just saying that there's nothing wrong with playing a little inside-out basketball. especially when it's working very effectively >>

definitely.. like webb does wit sac..
Old 05-06-2003, 11:21 PM   #33
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< i'm not saying to go exclusively with the inside game..just saying that there's nothing wrong with playing a little inside-out basketball. especially when it's working very effectively >>

definitely.. like webb does wit sac..
>>

Yea. Only if we had a Webber or Divac type passer on this team. Dirk's passing has suprised me as of late. HE is passing very well out of the pick and roll. I'd like to see more of him passing out of double teams. A inside-out game would probaly benefit the Mavs. Maybe it will leave us open for some 3's which we need drastically. I think people have underrated our 3 pointers. We live by those and we have not been taking them or making them for that matter.

1996-2005
Old 05-06-2003, 11:24 PM   #34
Quick Dog

Quick Dog is on a distinguished road

I think you guys are overreacting. The Mavericks are a very good team. You won 60 games this year! Your team just lost to the best team in the NBA, an extremely deep team that is healthy and rested. The Jazz are a very good team also. What do you expect?

The Mavericks will probably win by 20 on Thursday night.

Just fix what is broke, and move on.
Quick Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #35
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I think you guys are overreacting. The Mavericks are a very good team. You won 60 games this year! Your team just lost to the best team in the NBA, an extremely deep team that is healthy and rested. The Jazz are a very good team also. What do you expect?

Just fix what is broke, and move on.
>>

Thanks for the encouragement but if Mavs win by 20 then this series is over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] In other words I don't think its happening. I think if they do want to win this series it is going to take a ass whooping like that to make up for game 1 in game 2. Theres one thing to lose to a good team but there is another to get your ass whooped by one.

1996-2005
Old 05-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

if the mavs will go to dirk down low, he will shoot for a better percentage than c-webb..no, he won't make all the fancy passes to a cutter..partially because the mavs don't have nearly as many people cutting to the basket.

but, it will at least free up someone on the perimeter if dirk is doubled. and an open jumpshot is better than a contested jumpshot
Old 05-06-2003, 11:28 PM   #37
Charlie Brown

<<
>>

Maybe we're overreacting, but you might be dreaming.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:28 PM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

<< Just fix what is broke, and move on. >>

the mavs don't have the personnel to do that.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:31 PM   #39
Charlie Brown

<< if the mavs will go to dirk down low, he will shoot for a better percentage than c-webb..no, he won't make all the fancy passes to a cutter..partially because the mavs don't have nearly as many people cutting to the basket.

but, it will at least free up someone on the perimeter if dirk is doubled. and an open jumpshot is better than a contested jumpshot
>>

murph, Nelson doesn't respond well to logic.

but you gotta admit . . . Nelson's pretty smart . . . he's managed to fool 3 all-stars, 20 assistant coaches, and a successfull billionaire businessman into thinking that his philosophy works . . .
Old 05-06-2003, 11:34 PM   #40
Murphy3
Guru

i didn't watch the end of the game..but, some interesting stats..

the six times that the mavs went down to dirk in the post, the mavs scored 12 points.

10 for dirk and 1 assist to najera

not bad.
Logically, one would ask &quot;why not try this more often?&quot;