Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jason Kidd watch..RJ out for the year with wrist surgery

Listneing to espnradio..RJ will be out for the year after wrist surgery

How does this affect Jason Kidd being moved? They had an outside shot at the playoffs with carter,rj and kidd..and now they have none
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Jason Kidd watch..RJ out for the year with wrist surgery

Ooooo that sucks. It seems like Kidd was just starting to get back to his old self too. I think it just about gurantees that Kidd is leaving now.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jason Kidd watch..RJ out for the year with wrist surgery

I'd like to see Kidd traded for kids and expiring contracts leaving Vince Carter on a worse team than the one he left in Toronto.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

The Nets are lost at sea without a rudder. Hope they have better luck after they move to Brooklyn.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Tought break for the Nets. If I was Rod Thorn, I'd sit Kidd down and tell him to consider this season a loss, but rest assured that the team will pick up a top power forward in the draft and challenge for a title next year. Whether Kidd would buy it, I don't know.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #6
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

didn't NJ trade their picks to Toronto?
Old 01-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #7
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
I think they traded two of the picks they recieved from Denver in the Kenyon Martin deal, but I could be wrong.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Misfit Mav
Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
I think they traded two of the picks they recieved from Denver in the Kenyon Martin deal, but I could be wrong.
No, you're right, they traded the Denver picks.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
I'd like to see Kidd traded for kids and expiring contracts leaving Vince Carter on a worse team than the one he left in Toronto.
looks like Vince will be finding hard to get up for games again sooner than he thought [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
looks like Vince will be finding hard to get up for games again sooner than he thought [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Na, he'll just come down with another case of jumpers knee. You think he forced his way out of Toronto to play with Travis Best and Jason Collins, you better think agian.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

That's really a shame...RJ seems like a really nice man...at least its not his shooting hand.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

A Kidd relevant blurb from Stein today:
Quote:
...the Mavericks are very serious when they say they're out of the Jason Kidd sweepstakes, a topic sure to come up this weekend when Kidd makes his only Dallas appearance of the season. The Mavericks were close to trading for Kidd in the summer, with a package built around the expiring contract of Antoine Walker, who was later dealt to Atlanta. But sources insist that even the free-spending Mark Cuban is unwilling to absorb Kidd's contract now, given the possibility of even stricter luxury-tax penalties being implemented before next season when the league and union hammer out the next Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Edit - and that's a bummer for RJ and the Nets.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #13
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

I think Minn is the player here

They will probably wind up with Baron Davis or Kidd for spree and cassell
Old 01-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Wow imagine Kidd and KG on the same team along with Wally and Troy Hudson. They'd be dangerous. The acquistion of Baron Davis could make or break the Wolves.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #15
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s

I agree... it makes a lotta' sense for the Wolves to go after one of these two. But why would NJ or NO take spree and/or cassell.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #16
rakesh.s
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
Quote:

I agree... it makes a lotta' sense for the Wolves to go after one of these two. But why would NJ or NO take spree and/or cassell.
cassell makes 6 mill next year

spree's contract expires this year
Old 01-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #17
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't see NJ or NO doing this deal for just salary relief. I'd guess, they'd want a combination of a good young player and a draft pick or two in addition to salary relief.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #18
rakesh.s
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't see NJ or NO doing this deal for just salary relief. I'd guess, they'd want a combination of a good young player and a draft pick or two in addition to salary relief.
yes of course..those two guys and picks for kidd

no way you can just take cassell and sprewell straight up

Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #19
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Was this due to Chauncey Billups FLAGRANT foul on RJ? I saw the replay and he fell pretty hard on that wrist after the flagrant.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #20
rakesh.s
Golden Member

Yes, RJ also pointed that out in his press conference
Old 01-12-2005, 05:19 PM   #21
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

.......and said it was a dirty play, but that Chauncey Billups isn't a dirty player. Tough break, I really like his attitude and his athleticism.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #22
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
.......and said it was a dirty play, but that Chauncey Billups isn't a dirty player. Tough break, I really like his attitude and his athleticism.

Billups may not be dirty but his whole team is. I can't believe you are defending Pistons....

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote