Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Only if we're the only team willing to take on his contract, I would think.
I think you're probably right.

BTW, Dan, didn't mean to ignore your solid analysis. I just don't see it as being enough to get Iguodala. I don't think Jones has any trade value to speak of, and our first rounder probably doesn't make up the difference.

I wouldn't give up much more than that to get Iguodala.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I think you're probably right.

BTW, Dan, didn't mean to ignore your solid analysis. I just don't see it as being enough to get Iguodala. I don't think Jones has any trade value to speak of, and our first rounder probably doesn't make up the difference.

I wouldn't give up much more than that to get Iguodala.
No I understand - remember, I was the one saying to get a deal like this done it would take X and most people were saying that was way too much to give up. I just think that given their start and his number decline that they may just be ready to move on so it could be perfect timing for us to get a great talent on the cheap. His contract is big and a lot of teams will pass because of that alone. I don't think it is highly likely that this is all it takes, but I have severely loosened my stance on what it would take from where I was in the offseason. I think a change of scenery would do him so very well too. He would be a perfect fit for us for so many reasons (again, not to be discussed again - see the other 3-4 threads where I went into details on it).

Bottom line, his value dropped. Did it drop this much? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Philly only get back this in return for him.