Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando, Phoenix, LA, Atlanta.

How many of those do you think we win pre-trade?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Orlando, Phoenix, LA, Atlanta.

How many of those do you think we win pre-trade?
none of them...and I'm not tossing that out as shock value either. They weren't good enough with gooden.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
none of them...and I'm not tossing that out as shock value either. They weren't good enough with gooden.
I'd say we beat Phoenix and MAYBE Orlando. We already beat Phoenix at home. And we always match-up well with Orlando. But with no Damp...I doubt we win. So 1-3 is my guess.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The whole team wasn't good enough with anyone. The trade has somehow re-energized the whole team....so yes, Haywood is a clear upgrade over Gooden and that has made a difference....but don't make it like Gooden was the whole reason the team was losing.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The whole team wasn't good enough with anyone. The trade has somehow re-energized the whole team....so yes, Haywood is a clear upgrade over Gooden and that has made a difference....but don't make it like Gooden was the whole reason the team was losing.
Gooden's inability to be a true center was a huge reason for the defense stinking it up. This IS a veteran team and veteran teams know when they aren't good enough, they were not good enough and they began to play like it imo.

I believe they were also sort of waiting for josh to assert himself and when he didn't they knew that they were toast.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Gooden's inability to be a true center was a huge reason for the defense stinking it up. This IS a veteran team and veteran teams know when they aren't good enough, they were not good enough and they began to play like it imo.

I believe they were also sort of waiting for josh to assert himself and when he didn't they knew that they were toast.
Correct. At the beginning of the season, I was of the opinion that if we had EVERYONE healthy, we MIGHT be able to challenge Denver, but most certainly not the Lakers. Given the fact that we never really had Josh, and Damp has been injured the last 3 months, what do you expect? They got deflated, de-energized, and embarrassed a few times. We needed a change. We got that, along with a shit ton of "toughness" in Butler/Haywood/Stevenson. I think that, once we get Butler/Damp/Thomas back, we will be one of the most dangerous teams in the league, and will have the size, length, athleticism, toughness, defense, and offense to match up with anyone, except possibly the Lakers and Cavs.

The only problem I foresee is at backup PG. I don't think JJB is gonna cut it, nor do I think Roddy will get enough time to develop enough to be a consistent threat in the playoffs, against tough, nasty defensive teams. Ergo, I'm hoping come playoff time Kidd can play around 43mpg....I don't trust anyone else on this team at the 1 at this point.

Quote:
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforlife09 View Post
The only problem I foresee is at backup PG. I don't think JJB is gonna cut it, nor do I think Roddy will get enough time to develop enough to be a consistent threat in the playoffs, against tough, nasty defensive teams. Ergo, I'm hoping come playoff time Kidd can play around 43mpg....I don't trust anyone else on this team at the 1 at this point.
I know this has been mentioned many times, but in that scenario, Terry is the best option at backup point. When Kidd's not on the floor, put Terry next to Butler or Stevenson, and you've got a serviceable backcourt until Kidd gets back in.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big nut bust, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!