Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Mavs/Kings Thoughts

Wow! That was an offensive clinic put on by the Mavs tonight. Every player who played scored, and the team looked energized and impressive. Dallas shot 61% from the field. They also out-rebounded the Kings 44-26, and they had 29 assists.

I thought the defense was spotty. There were times the Mavs played excellent defense, but for the most part, the team wasn't as impressive on that end of the floor. I thought the Kings offense looked much better than it did earlier in the season. A lot of their ball movement is back, and that seemed to hurt the Mavs as much as anything. Dallas was aggressive in the passing lanes, and they were beat backdoor for layups several times. Bonzi Wells also hurt the team a little bit on penetration. In all honesty though, playing defense in a game like tonight's is actually a hard thing to do. The game was out of hand early, and the Kings had no answer for Dallas. That makes it way too easy to put your game on cruise control.

I thought Dirk Nowitzki was very impressive tonight. I'm sure that many have noticed how long Dirk's memory is. I think he showed that again tonight. There were tears and wailing after the last match-up against the Kings when Artest played Dirk physically and forced more missed shots than usual. I think Dirk wanted to show that it was a fluke. Now, I don't know if Dirk is the MVP. He gets my vote, of course, but all he does is throw up 25-30+ points a night. 29-7-2 from 17 shots in 31 minutes. It's tough to argue with that kind of production.

Behind Dirk, I thought Josh Powell really showed some things. I love the athleticism, and I love the fact that he isn't scared of contact. those are things you just can't teach. Either you will stick your nose in the pile or you won't, and Josh does. Powell had a spectacular block tonight, and he showed more of his jumper, knocking down several from around 18 feet. I think he's really trying to make a case about being able to help this team in the playoffs. But first, he's going to have to improve in a couple of key areas. Powell still telegraphs his passes and makes some bad decisions. I think a lot of those things can be attributed to youth and inexperience, so there's hope that it may improve. He's also going to have to show more restraint on defense. He got himself out of position a couple of times and committed some needless fouls. All in all though, I thought he was a positive for the game, and he showed some nice glimpses.

Josh Howard is such an important part to this team. I think he's actually underrated - even in Dallas. One of the things that stood out in my mind from tonight's game was seeing those familiar cross-matches. Artest, the Kings small forward, takes Dirk, the Mavs power forward. If that is going to happen, you have to have someone at the three who can take advantage of those mismatches. During this rough stretch with injury, the Mavs really haven't. Josh does. 23-8-4 in 28 minutes.

It was great to see Marquis back, as well. Daniels is such an enigma to me. I remember the rookie who looked like a future star, and then I see a guy making bad decisions and constantly being out of position. Tonight, I saw more glimpses of that rookie. Daniels had the ball in his hands a lot tonight. I am on record from way back as supporting that. Terry is then allowed to play off the ball more and be used as a scoring threat. Daniels, meanwhile, just seems to play better in that role. Quis handed out 5 assists against 0 turnovers. He snagged 4 rebounds. He got to the free throw line and finished with 11 efficient points.

Jerry Stackhouse continues his stay in the starting lineup, but I liked how Jerry didn't seem to force nearly as much tonight. He took 11 shots to get 10 points, but he did hand out 5 assists. I thought Stack was the big culprit on defense tonight. He really struggled with Wells. Stack looked limited laterally, so I hope that his minutes are able to reigned in just a little between now and the playoffs.

Rawle Marshall got into the game and had a nifty little move that led to a basket. I like the look of that player though, and I think he's got potential after some more work.

Darrell Armstrong did his thing too. DA got 3 assists in his 11 minutes, committed a couple of fouls, got hit the nose. You know, the usual.

I really liked Jason Terry's night though. Terry was very solid defensively against Mike Bibby, and he was very good on offense. JT shot 13 times and finished with 18 points. But I thought he did his best work by pushing the ball a little more and making the right pass on time. His 8 assists seem to confirm that. If he can do that consistently, this team is down right scary.

Desagana Diop only played 12 minutes. He did get 4 rebounds and a nice tip in.

Behind him, Erick Dampier was very solid. It seems like Damp is the lightning rod for criticism on this team, but he's actually been very consistent since he went to the bench. Tonight, Damp got 10 points on three shots. He had 8 rebounds, clogged up the lane effectively, and he even made a couple of nifty passes.

DJ Mbenga was also impressive in his limited time tonight. I know people call it "garbage" time, but DJ wants to prove something in those minutes. What was impressive about his game tonight was his mid range jump shot. He seems pretty confident in that aspect of his game, and maybe he should. He went 4-4.

I think Avery Johnson and this coaching staff deserve some credit too. It's no secret the team has had their hands full lately with everything that has been going on, and guys coming in and out of the lineup. Avery seems to have done a good job of rallying the troops and getting their attention again, and they have shown in the last two games just how much distance there is between this team and the middle tier of Western conference teams. Next up, is the big bad leader in the West though...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Powell did look good tonight. I doubt Avery would trust him in the playoffs, but I really don't want Howard playing out of position if we can avoid it.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Powell did look good tonight. I doubt Avery would trust him in the playoffs, but I really don't want Howard playing out of position if we can avoid it.
I think he would trust him more than the three names mentioned by Sefko, that's for sure.

If Dirk plays about 42 mpg in the playoffs I have confidence that Powell could fill in those minutes. And I agree, the team is much better with Howard at the three.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

If we can't pick anyone else up more suited to help us in the playoffs, and if KVH is out for the playoffs as well, why not give him a chance?
Old 04-05-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I like this quote from DirkVP:

"Getting Josh back makes a difference at both ends of the floor," Nowitzki said. "All the things I need to work on, he's very good at."

Humble as ever. Respect for a younger player. Great leadership.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli
I like this quote from DirkVP:

"Getting Josh back makes a difference at both ends of the floor," Nowitzki said. "All the things I need to work on, he's very good at."

Humble as ever. Respect for a younger player. Great leadership.
he needs to quit saying this stuff so close to MVP voting....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 AM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

what should he say?

"Im white Jesus, I can dunk on anyone in the league and Im completely unstoppable!"?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

well it would be simply foolish for him to claim "black Jesus" status.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #9
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

he could call himself Hispanic or Asian Jesus, but I guess those monikers would be kind of weird too.

Josh makes the Mavs so much better. I can't wait for Devin and Griffin to get back. With those guys back in the fold, the Mavs just might be virtually unbeatable.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:59 AM   #10
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Howard gives Mavs a lift

By ART GARCIA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS -- Josh Howard does something special for Avery Johnson.

"When Josh is on his game and he's playing tough, hard-nosed defense, and getting rebounds for us, getting some assists, guarding one of the better perimeter players in scoring," Johnson said without catching his breath, "I'm a much better coach."

And the Mavericks are a much better team.

Howard got the best of his personal matchup against Kings bulldog small forward Ron Artest as did the Mavs with Sacramento, running away to a 127-101 blowout victory Tuesday night at American Airlines Center.

The Mavs (56-19) completed a dominating two-game homestand against a pair of playoff-caliber teams, outscoring Denver and Sacramento by a combined 50 points with Tuesday's total setting a season high.

The consecutive routs should make for a pleasant two-day break before Friday's trip to Western Conference-leading San Antonio. Any hope the Mavs have of overtaking the Spurs (58-16) for the No. 1 seed is predicated on defeating their Southwest Division rivals.

"If we're still looking at that, we have to win," Dirk Nowitzki said.

Nowitzki did add that the focus for the last two weeks of the regular season isn't on seeding, but "feeling good about ourselves" going into the playoffs.

Since last week's three-game losing skid, the Mavs have plenty of reasons to beam. They're averaging 115 points, giving up 90, shooting 57 percent, allowing 42.4 percent and winning the rebounding battle by an average of 14.

"You look at the last two ballgames, we've been consistent, especially defensively, which has taken a lot of pressure off our offense," Johnson said. "I kind of like that stormy period that we went through now in hindsight. I hope we can continue to go back up the mountain because we took a big dip there for a minute.

"It's brought us closer together."

Nowitzki led the Mavs offensively with an efficient 29 points -- on only 17 shots -- by repeatedly pushing smaller defenders, including Artest. Nowitzki didn't play in the fourth quarter.

"We were in attack mode all game long," he said.

Howard continued his resurgence with 23 points, eight rebounds and four assists in 29 minutes.

Artest had 19 points and only three boards in 32 minutes.

Told of Johnson's glowing praise, Howard said, "It's a great compliment. All I do is come in working hard and Avery sees that. I just want to win."

The Mavs broke the game open in the second quarter, outscoring Sacramento 37-19. Howard had 10 points in the quarter, Nowitzki nine and Josh Powell added eight points.

Powell, the rookie power forward, also induced a whiplash moment for the sellout crowd of 20,128 when he spiked Brad Miller's short jumper into the Kings' backcourt.

With his confidence rising seemingly on each possession, Powell (a career-high 12 points) powered his way to the basket, hit the offensive board for a tip and stepped out for a 19-footer.

It was that kind of night for the Mavs, who also shot a season-high 61.3 percent. Seven scored in double figures, also a season best.

Marquis Daniels, back after missing two games with a strained neck, scored 11 points, while Erick Dampier had 10 points and eight boards off the bench.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:03 AM   #11
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

MAVERICKS NOTES

Powell steps up to fill vacancy

By DWAIN PRICE
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS - Shortly after Tuesday morning's shoot-around, Josh Powell assured all that he can fill the Mavericks' backup power forward slot vacated now that Keith Van Horn is out with a broken hand.

A few hours later, Powell -- a 6-foot-9 rookie from North Carolina State -- went out and scored 12 points and collected five rebounds in the Mavs' 127-101 victory over the Sacramento Kings.

It was an impressive audition by Powell, who converted 5 of 6 shots in 24 minutes and received a nice ovation from the American Airlines Center sellout crowd.

"I think he showed you why we like him," coach Avery Johnson said. "We have a lot of confidence in him.

"We like his energy, and, as we move forward, he can be a nice prototype NBA power forward."

During one 57-second sequence, Powell scored on a layup; blocked Brad Miller's shot attempt near the basket so far that it ended up past midcourt; was fouled on a drive to the basket and made two free throws; and grabbed a defensive rebound, sprinted upcourt and scored on an offensive rebound.

Powell views this as an opportunity to help the Mavs, and takes offense when people say he's not capable of making meaningful contributions in the playoffs because he's a rookie who primarily played in the NBA Development League this season with the Fort Worth Flyers.

"Me being a rookie doesn't have anything to do with anything," Powell said. "Being a rookie, everybody always has that assumption that he can't do this.

"That's cool, but I know what I can do, and my team has confidence in me.

"I just want to make sure I bring energy, play hard and carry out the plans both offensively and defensively."

Van Horn has surgery

Avery Johnson visited Keith Van Horn in the hospital Tuesday after the eight-year veteran had successful surgery to repair a broken bone in his right hand.

"He was in good spirits," Johnson said.

Van Horn was injured Friday against Orlando.

Mavericks officials said there's no timetable for his return.

Johnson purchased some books for Van Horn to read, a movie for him to watch and a rock CD for him to listen to.

Adelman likes Nowitzki

Kings coach Rick Adelman said Dirk Nowitzki should be among a list of serious MVP candidates, along with Phoenix's Steve Nash, Detroit's Chauncey Billups, Cleveland's LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant.

As far as who should win the MVP, Adelman said: "It depends on who likes what. A lot always depends on where their team finishes."
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #12
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I was really impressed last night. It was an all around good game.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #13
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default What the...

Got into Yahoo last night to catch the 'action' and this is what I see... did this sequence really happen?

Old 04-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #14
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, he was trying to tip in a shot and kept hitting it off the backboard and getting his own rebound, like 5 times in a row.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
Got into Yahoo last night to catch the 'action' and this is what I see... did this sequence really happen?

I don't remember that. Must have happened when I flipped over to catch American Idol. And we still managed to shoot 61%. Amazing!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.

Last edited by raefformvp; 04-05-2006 at 09:54 AM.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #16
MavsN06

MavsN06 will become famous soon enough

Great Game. This is the team that we all remember from the 1st half of the year. I hope we find a way to keep DJ.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He sort of got dirk/damp into it as well at that point. There were some unaccounted for tips in that sequence.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

I wonder how many of rebs from that play ended up as part of his 8 for the night?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #19
sike
The Preacha

terry with 8 dimes....man is it good to have a Healthy Josh Howard back....when he, JT, and Dirk are on....game over.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Damp with 10 and 8 another nice effort...

Old 04-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #21
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33
DJ Mbenga was also impressive in his limited time tonight. I know people call it "garbage" time, but DJ wants to prove something in those minutes. What was impressive about his game tonight was his mid range jump shot. He seems pretty confident in that aspect of his game, and maybe he should. He went 4-4.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... DJ is a taller, faster, stronger version of Ben Wallace only with much better offense. The only areas he pales in that comparison is his defense & rebounding which I believe will come with more experience, both during practice and game-time.

I just hope, after unearthing a rare diamond in the rough and polishing him for two years, we don't lose him.

On a side note, how sweet was it to watch an undrafted lineup of DA, Marquis, Rawle, Powell and DJ on the floor at the same time. I wonder if that ever happened before?! They actually played quite well too.

Last edited by V2M; 04-05-2006 at 11:02 AM.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #22
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
irontoad -- yeah, it really happened. it looks a bit more dramatic on paper than IRL.

...howard missed a close shot, then made two or three consecutive unsuccessful efforts to tap it back in, and finally popped it back out to Nowitzki.

it was a good effort play, the ball just kept falling off the rim in the wrong direction.

cheers
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
I've said it before and I'll say it again... DJ is a taller, faster, stronger version of Ben Wallace only with much better offense. The only areas he pales in that comparison is his defense & rebounding which I believe will come with more experience, both during practice and game-time.

I just hope, after unearthing a rare diamond in the rough and polishing him for two years, we don't lose him.

On a side note, how sweet was it to watch an undrafted lineup of DA, Marquis, Rawle, Powell and DJ on the floor at the same time. I wonder if that ever happened before?! They actually played quite well too.

DJ is a keeper for sure, he does need to get a LOT more basketball experience. There was one sequence out there where he was so completely lost that it was actually hilarious to me. He was trying to find his man, his man kept moving in and out of the lane so he was torn between going after him or hanging in the lane.

It really cracked me up. Now Sacto is tough because they have so much movement, but still....

I keep him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #24
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
DJ is a keeper for sure, he does need to get a LOT more basketball experience. There was one sequence out there where he was so completely lost that it was actually hilarious to me. He was trying to find his man, his man kept moving in and out of the lane so he was torn between going after him or hanging in the lane.

It really cracked me up. Now Sacto is tough because they have so much movement, but still....

I keep him.
Agreed. He does occassionally display that deer-caught-in-the-headlights syndrome. When I see that, I do wonder who the heck is this guy's coach in practice or is he really starting out with such low basket-ball IQ that he may never get there.

But given the potential, I'd like to see him signed for another 3yrs @ or around the LLE.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Agreed. He does occassionally display that deer-caught-in-the-headlights syndrome. When I see that, I do wonder who the heck is this guy's coach in practice or is he really starting out with such low basket-ball IQ that he may never get there.

But given the potential, I'd like to see him signed for another 3yrs @ or around the LLE.
I actually think the mavs did themselves and dj a disservice not having him down in FortWorth most of the year. But if he had been they would have needed someone else on the roster, pavel wasn't it.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #26
V2M
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I actually think the mavs did themselves and dj a disservice not having him down in FortWorth most of the year. But if he had been they would have needed someone else on the roster, pavel wasn't it.
If KVH had stayed healthy maybe...