Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Diop or Bradley as a center on the Mavs
Diop 71 65.74%
Bradley 37 34.26%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light
Default Diop or Bradley

I would like to know the majority vote on whether people would rather have Diop or Bradley as a center on the team.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have the guy who averages these numbers in his first year with the mavericks. Which one is that one?

96-97 13.2 ppg 8.4 rpg 3.4 bpg
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I'd rather have the guy who averages these numbers in his first year with the mavericks. Which one is that one?

96-97 13.2 ppg 8.4 rpg 3.4 bpg
I think that sums it up right there.

Seriously though, sixeight, what do you mean when you refer to Bradley? Are you referring to Bradley NOW?? If you are, then I certainly would prefer a 23-year old Diop, to a 33 year old Bradley. However, if we're talking about a 23 year old Bradley, or 5th year Bradley, then I would certianly prefer him to Diop.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

You are mainly a numbers guy I can tell. There are other ways to show how good a player is. One thing is to watch the games and look for the little things that don't show up in the stats but help the team. Diop and Griiffin are the main ones that do that on this team.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

This is retarded. What vintage Bradley are we talking about?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay forget the numbers. If we are talking about diop now versus shawn's first year with the mavs, it's a no brainer, I want shawn.

I ESPECIALLY want shawn with someone like AJ coaching him and not nelson.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
Jet Terry

How about the comparison of Diop with Dallas compared to Bradley with Dallas. Forget the time before that.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

SHEESH Jet the numbers I posted WAS his first year with dallas. dang..
Old 02-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

I love Diop but I would take a Bradley in his prime or if you want in his first year in Dallas over Diop and that every day of the week. He would be better now then a few years ago because we have actually a better perimeter defense now so not so much penetrating. Also a Bradley/Damp/Benga combo just sounds good
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #10
Jet Terry

I have lost all hope if people actually think that Bradley was a defensive monster. I guess Dalembert is a defensive monster to even though Philly is getting scored on at will.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #11
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

lol ... one player can't make up for 4 other ones screwing it up. Sure Bradley was no defensive monster but in what he could do he was more then solid.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Jet, nobody is saying that Bradley was a defensive monster, or even that good of a player. But I for one come to his defense when someone asserts that Diop is a better player than he was or that Bradley didn't contribute greatly to this team for a lot of years, or that he didn't have a solid NBA career. It just isn't true.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #13
Jet Terry

Looks like the poll is heavily favoring Diop now. I guess the few people that disagree are the ones posting back at me. lol
Old 02-17-2006, 10:54 PM   #14
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Terry
I have lost all hope if people actually think that Bradley was a defensive monster. I guess Dalembert is a defensive monster to even though Philly is getting scored on at will.

Exactly, NO ONE was afraid to take it to the rack against Bradley. Tmac wanted a poster for his kids in last years playoffs and we all know what happened. I am so happy that I don't have to defend Shawn Bradley everytime somebody talks about how soft the Mavs are.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's no comparison at this point... Bradley's the obvious answer. Sure, the poll might say otherwise, but that's just numbers that makes this board look bad and uninformed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #16
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Diop easy
Old 02-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude makes a great point above. Whereas I would have to prefer a 23 year old Diop to an injury wracked 33 year old Bradley on this year's squad, I'd still say that Diop just doesn't cut the mustard if you are comparing him to the monster that the 10th leading NBA shot-blocker of all-time was in his prime...
Old 02-17-2006, 11:56 PM   #18
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Bradley was a shot-blocking monster for many years. He was a good rebounder and had a consistent 12-15 foot jumper. Excellent FT shooter to add to it.

On a team known purely for it's offense, he was the only interior defensive presence. There were many games, I remember we won purely 'cuz of his defense in the middle. Our 14-0 run in 02-03 had Bradley in the middle to anchor the zone.

I'm pretty sure he also has a good +/- number which will indicate his true influence on the game.

I mean, it's just so funny how people only remember Bradley as someone who did nothing but just got posterized, every play!

Diop can run the floor and rebound. He can block as well. But he's an offensive liability and as a FT shooter, he's horrendous. He did have a few good games early on but lately he either hit a wall (he never played this many min in Cleveland!) or he's been figured out by the league. When he overcomes that and strings together a couple good seasons, we can revisit this debate. Till then, give me Bradley on healthy knees any day and twice on Sundays.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yeah..It does depend upon what year you're talking about. I took it as if they were asking about Shawn during his best years with the Mavs...
I'd take Diop over the belittled and shit upon Shawn Bradley.. The guy that was drug through mud by a pissy fat old coach that was well past his prime.

One of the greatest disservices that I've ever seen in the DFW area when it comes to sports was Don Nelson's treatment of Shawn Bradley. Nellie was pissed that Bradley wasn't the cornerstone for the franchise that he had hoped so he took it out on him. He verbally assaulted him repeatedly in the press. He turned an entire city against him... eventually, he turned the rest of the nation against a guy that was a solid contributor. Nellie turned a pretty good center into nothing more than one of the punchlines around the NBA.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #20
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

It has to be Bradley at this point.
We all know Diop has had a resurgence with our Mavs this year and is doing some good work, but seriously, lets not bronze his Diop strap untill he has had at least some of the consistency Bradley did for this team for years.

Yes, I'll probably get flamed for using Bradley and consistency in the same sentence but Nelson had it out for him and never knew how to use the skills the Mantis had. His Dallas days could have been much better and anyone bagging on Bradley as the defensive liability on the swiss cheese defense we used to run out is an idiot.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #21
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

My vote goes to bradley. Why aren't the people who voted for Diop posting any comments?
Old 02-18-2006, 01:30 AM   #22
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

who do you want chasing amare and closing down off dribble penetration, running the court, diving for loose balls

diop

bradley may have the better numbers, but diop is definitely better for this team i think. i just like the way he fits in. hes nothing magnificent by any means whatsoever, but he just knows what to do and has the skills to do it
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:29 AM   #23
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

just delete this poll and this thread..
Old 02-18-2006, 05:15 AM   #24
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

You're smoking crack if you'd take Bradley over anything.

I'd rather have herpes than Shawn Bradley.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:42 AM   #25
NXperience

I'm not that big of a Bradley Fan myself ... but impressed with the lack of respect he gets here on the board ... it's almost as the lack of respect that Dallas gets from the Media.
Bradley has done more then Diop in his career to this point.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:48 AM   #26
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Diop.

Earlier Shawn was decent, but why not the Bradley in NCAA? Well, if Shawn, even he got the career afresh, he wouldn't avoid the slippage. As for Diop, I'd like to see what the young guy will do in future.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:01 AM   #27
JWill88888

JWill88888 is on a distinguished road

id never want bradley on my team regardless of how old he'd be...
JWill88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #28
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I would like to know the majority vote on whether people would rather have Diop or Bradley as a center on the team.
Once again shows how you want to flip things around. Our "discussion" in the other topic was about "does Bradley know anything about defense or not", about "was Bradley a complete bust in Dallas", about "was Bradley the softest player ever to play the game" and about "who was better, the 6.7 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 2.1 BPG, 53% FG 80% FT-Bradley of the 02-03 season or the 2.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 1.7 BPG, 44% FG and 54% FT-Diop of this season".

It was never about "whom would you rather have right now, the Bradley of now or the Diop of now".

Just shows how ridiculously embarrassing your arguments are and how weak your attempts of proving your wrong point are.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:12 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

Well it IS a different thread. I don't have a problem with the poll except for the poor way in which it is stated.

It is interesting but not surprising that folks "state" they would take a guy who's barely made a dent in the nba in his life over shawn. I would imagine if they really had to do it with their money they'd come to a different conclusion.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:32 AM   #30
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasCowboy
You're smoking crack if you'd take Bradley over anything.

I'd rather have herpes than Shawn Bradley.
Good lord, look up a friggin stat will you?? I wish to GOD Diop could put up the numbers Bradley produced up until the last 3 years of his career. Matter of fact, you don't even have to look up his numbers; Dude posted some of them at the top of the thread, and those are pretty consistent with the rest of his career. Sheesh.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:49 AM   #31
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWill88888
id never want bradley on my team regardless of how old he'd be...
Then you're obviously biased and/or just plain ignorant. In his prime Shawn was better than probably 90% of the centers in the league today. Unless you've got a Hakeem or a Ewing at center, I find it very hard to believe you wouldn't want an 11 ppg 8 rpg 3 bpg guy. Especially one that shot better than 80% from the foul line. And do people here really not understand how phenominal 3 blocks per game is? To average that for a single season is incredible and Bradley did it for most of his career.

I also really think it's effing hilarious that the same people who label Bradley has such a monumental bust are the ones harping Diop. Take a good look at the first 4 years of Diop's career. Total and absolute crap. Diop was a lottery pick too for christ's sake, and for four years he never got off the bench in Cleveland. Until this year, Diop was the very definition of the word "bust."

And if you think Diop will ever be as good as Bradley was until the his last 3 years, especially on the offensive end, I think you're sorely mistaken.

Of course, why should I expect any kind of quality from someone with "JWill" in their username?

Edit: Where the hell is Madape when you need him?

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-18-2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #32
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
And do people here really not understand how phenominal 3 blocks per game is? To average that for a single season is incredible and Bradley did it for most of his career.

That kind of incredible shot-blocking production was good enough to make the man the 10th best shot-blocker in NBA history, even after Big Don vampired away Big #44's productivity during the last 4-5 years of his NBA prime, by keeping him in the 'doghouse', and continually playing inferior players (or Dirk) in the Giant's stead at the five-spot...

Additionally, I'd say that any fool who says he would personally rather contract Herpes, than have an all-time great shot-blocker like Big Shawn Bradley play for our beloved Dallas Mavericks, is either a fool or a genitally-viral-besotted poontang, and his judgement has quite probably been skewed and deformed by the physiological affects that his own sickeningly pustilous, unwell, Herpes sores have engendered. Furthermore, I'd say that such-said Poontang's own sickly, out-broken affliction of below-the-waste, herpes boils seem quite capable to me of causing him to feel an insensate degree of bitterness when thinking about either his own gosh-darned self or other, healthier folks, and that in turn might render his judgement about matters pertaining to past and present centers of the Dallas Mavericks to be very suspect, highly unstable, and sadly unreliable.

For my own part, I'd say that it is a matter of record that Big Shawn Bradley spent untold and demanding amounts of his own sweat, tears, and blood- and endured much pain in his knees and back- in the process of wringing out every ounce of desire that he held within that Monstrous, Giant frame of his, to fight tooth, nail, and backbone against any and all NBA foemen who thought they could dominate the Giant in the paint; Fighting, Trying, Trying, Willing, and Fighting again, Big Shawn left his soul on the floor in willing our Dallas Mavericks to many Glorious Victorys between the years of 1997 and 2005, and for that the man deserves respect, rather than the scorn that some of our newer, younger, fare-the-well posters seem willing to begrudge and accord the man. And in that sense, I'll say that as much as I like Desagana Diop (and I really, really do), I still think he has a steep slope indeed, to climb and clamber upon, before the long-armed Senegalese can aspire to reach the heights that Big #44 soared to during his highly productive and admirable NBA career...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-18-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:04 AM   #33
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley is the no-brainer. The first half of 02-03, before Raef was back from injury was the only time Nellie used Bradley something like AJ uses his centers. And the results were obvious. That team was decent defensively with exactly 1 solid defensive player. With Damp as a 20 minute backup to be the immovable object complementing Bradley's reliable offense and shot-blocking, we could only be better.

What Diop brings is hustle and eager energy. I think if a few of you one-eyed nutjobs would search your Barkley tinged memories for just a bit, you'll remember more than a few games Shawn played exactly like that, from the starters position, and with much better numbers than Diop. Now, if AJ can bring something like that out of both Diop and Damp, who are doing very well here, imagine what he could bring out of Shawn Bradley.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

It's absolutely disgusting to see the ignorance of some of you on this board... I expected more out of the people of this board. I would expect this garbage from db.com... not from a respected site such as this.

It truly is disappointing.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #35
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2

That kind of incredible shot-blocking production was good enough to make the man the 10th best shot-blocker in NBA history, even after Big Don vampired away Big #44's productivity during the last 4-5 years of his NBA prime, by keeping him in the 'doghouse', and continually playing inferior players (or Dirk) in the Giant's stead at the five-spot...

Additionally, I'd say that any fool who says he would personally rather contract Herpes, than have an all-time great shot-blocker like Big Shawn Bradley play for our beloved Dallas Mavericks, is either a fool or a genitally-viral-besotted poontang, and his judgement has quite probably been skewed and deformed by the physiological affects that his own sickeningly pustilous, unwell, Herpes sores have engendered. Furthermore, I'd say that such-said Poontang's own sickly, out-broken affliction of below-the-waste, herpes boils seem quite capable to me of causing him to feel an insensate degree of bitterness when thinking about either his own gosh-darned self or other, healthier folks, and that in turn might render his judgement about matters pertaining to past and present centers of the Dallas Mavericks to be very suspect, highly unstable, and sadly unreliable.

For my own part, I'd say that it is a matter of record that Big Shawn Bradley spent untold and demanding amounts of his own sweat, tears, and blood- and endured much pain in his knees and back- in the process of wringing out every ounce of desire that he held within that Monstrous, Giant frame of his, to fight tooth, nail, and backbone against any and all NBA foemen who thought they could dominate the Giant in the paint; Fighting, Trying, Trying, Willing, and Fighting again, Big Shawn left his soul on the floor in willing our Dallas Mavericks to many Glorious Victorys between the years of 1997 and 2005, and for for that the man deserves respect, rather than the scorn that some of our newer, younger, fare-the-well posters seem willing to begrudge and accord the man. And in that sense, I'll say that as much as I like Desagana Diop (and I really, really do), I still think he has a steep slope indeed, to climb and clamber upon, before the long-armed Senegalese can aspire to reach the heights that Big #44 soared to during his highly productive and admirable NBA career...
Bill? Bill Walton is that you?

We'll notice that most of the people who have posted in Diop's favor are recently added members of dallas-mavs.com. Odds are they haven't followed the Mavs since the 2003-2004 season and have only seen Don Nelson's version of Shawn, and as such should be forgiven (at least in part) for their herpes-infested-poontang.

Last edited by orangedays; 02-18-2006 at 11:40 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #36
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

How about delete the members who a have any thought that Bradley was a constant contributor to the Mavericks. (other than being the free insert of any NBA poster on any given night). Some of you like Bradley so much that I think this is where he hangs out now. Pretty sad. ie. Evilmav2 = Shawn Bradley (or wife, kids, inlaws, etc..). j/k. But lets move on now. Bradley has already gotten to much talk credit.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #37
dude1394
Guru

Nice someperson named Blab? (Uwe?) giving advice. So Uwe Blabs career stats of 2.1 ppg average and 85 blocks total.

Yup...that's the ticket I'm gonna listen to that guy.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #38
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Maybe Bradley could make a comeback as our 4th center; that would give us quite a rotation!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:17 PM   #39
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

How about Marquis Daniels or Rolando Blackmon?
Josh Powell or Mark Aguirre?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #40
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
How about delete the members who a have any thought that Bradley was a constant contributor to the Mavericks. (other than being the free insert of any NBA poster on any given night). Some of you like Bradley so much that I think this is where he hangs out now. Pretty sad. ie. Evilmav2 = Shawn Bradley (or wife, kids, inlaws, etc..). j/k. But lets move on now. Bradley has already gotten to much talk credit.
Your post is confusingly written, but I would say that you are right to wonder about just how far these ''Free inserts' go with folks. As it happens, I was privileged enough to see your Mom again last night, and although I didn't get to experience the "Free Insert" per say, I guess I got to experience the "Insert" nonetheless...

Now, your Mom was nice, and I'm sure I will probably see her again sometime in the near future (maybe after payday), but what I really look forward to is the quality time that your sister seemed eager to spend with me. Now, I know that sorting out communal family finances can be a hard thing to do, and I know that times sure are tough, but I would also sure as heck be personally angry and ashamed if female members of my own family behaved in the manner that your Mom and sister have evidently made part and parcel of their social lives. Shame on your family, and double shame on you, Brother that has not the strength or will to keep your loved ones out of the Whore Parade...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-18-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote