Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default One major disappointing thing about tonight's game...

I wish that Ben and Skin were doing the post game show. I'm all fired up and wanting to hear someone talk about the Mavs. But, what are my options? ESPN radio? Who are the two fools that they have doing the post game show?

It's just disappointing to have to listen to this garbage. They'd be better off with RCF and Chef Ed doing a post game show. I can't even listen. I had to turn it off about 10 minutes in.

It's completely disheartening.

And yeah, I realize this thread will probably be moved. But, I wanted to vent a little.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

um, do you not live in Dallas? are you even from here? ever hear of local tv? why are you even a Mavs fan? bandwagoner? Dirk Nowitzki-er (true answer.)

j/k Murph

nah, I live in Dallas and watched our excellent post-game show featuring interviews with Avery, Dirk, Stack, Terry, etc. and great homerism coverage with Derek Harper and some chick leading the way as hosts =)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the Mavs semi-faithful took a nap a few weeks ago. I was even disappointed in the GDT thread on our own forum here. This was probably the biggest regular season game in franchise history, yet most people seem content to wait until the playoffs roll around to get active. Crap with that! If the Spurs lose a couple games, or even just one if it is to Memphis, the Mavs might win the West. And trust me, the Spurs are ripe for losing games right about now.

But in a way it's a byproduct of the Mavs' winnning 50+ for the better part of a decade now. A lot of folks just want to be woken up when the playoffs start.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but I'm looking for even more coverage. I know that there's a post game show on TV, but 103.3 has a post game show that lasts another 30 minutes or so even after that...
And Derek Harper is very difficult to sit through. He's...not good.

He made the most ignorant comment earlier when talking about Amare. Someone asked if they think that Amare came back too soon. He said something along these lines "No, it wasn't even the knee that he originally had surgery on that's now giving him trouble." Harp, have you ever heard of the word 'compensate'.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I believe the Mavs semi-faithful took a nap a few weeks ago. I was even disappointed in the GDT thread on our own forum here. This was probably the biggest regular season game in franchise history, yet most people seem content to wait until the playoffs roll around to get active. Crap with that! If the Spurs lose a couple games, or even just one if it is to Memphis, the Mavs might win the West. And trust me, the Spurs are ripe for losing games right about now.

But in a way it's a byproduct of the Mavs' winnning 50+ for the better part of a decade now. A lot of folks just want to be woken up when the playoffs start.
Well, it's a Friday night. GDT's usually don't do too well on Friday nights.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

chum, thta's not the case at all for me at least

true, I despise the type of person that you're talking about, vehemently

but I was glued to my tv popping off beer after beer and yelling and jumping and cheering and calling my best mavs-fan friend etc...

only because I wasn't posting here doesn't mean I'm hibernating until the playoffs start so that I can get my rocks off to Dirk winning the MVP like some jackasses probably are

anyway, badass win tonight.

btw, UPN 21 is still on in the living room and they're showing this weird ass Wayans guy movie (the guy that plays in that movie where he's a drill sergeant.. Major Payne or something)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd post more on the GDT, you see, but Mavs games are made for watching in the living room on the big screen and loud sound. Also, I was expecting to see the after game press conference on NBATV, but that wasn't to be. I really wanted to watch some more highlights and analysis on TV, but alas it is not to be.

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-07-2006 at 11:15 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I'd post more on the GDT, you see, but Mavs games are made for watching in the living room on the big screen and loud sound.
Here's two solutions for your probelm Bernardo.

1. get another big screen and put it upstairs. That was my solution.
2. put your computer downstairs in your living room.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:18 PM   #9
WraithXx
Diamond Member

or 3) buy an effing laptop and save yourself the money of an extra big screen.......

oh, laptops cost more than big screens?

well then, get off your high "I pay for everything b/c I'm rich and don't care" horse and get a freaking life/friends with computer equipment connections that can get you a laptop (legally) for next to nothing.. like I did =)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm toying with the idea of building another computer with my spare parts to use as an HTPC, but I don't want to spend the money right now for the HTPC case and a decent size hard drive. I will eventually.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
or 3) buy an effing laptop and save yourself the money of an extra big screen.......

oh, laptops cost more than big screens?

well then, get off your high "I pay for everything b/c I'm rich and don't care" horse and get a freaking life/friends with computer equipment connections that can get you a laptop (legally) for next to nothing.. like I did =)
Well, having a laptop downstairs kinda falls under my #2..

Dumbass.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #12
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Well, having a laptop downstairs kinda falls under my #2..

Dumbass.

lol.

I've been pwned.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:56 AM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea the fact that the game was on a Friday night had a lot to do with the gameday thread being a bit slow. I missed the game myself. I felt bad then I saw it was on On Demand with Comcast and I just got to catch it. Sort of took the fun out of it since I already heard the score on the radio while driving home.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #14
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I was listening to postgame on WOAI.

There's nothing like listening to knee-jerk squirts fans talking about trading duncan.

Radio gold.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea Spurs fans are acting as if they just lost in the first round. The talk of releasing Duncan because he's a bum is crazy talk.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #16
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I certainly wouldn't mind picking him up off waivers.

He'd make a nice back-up PF.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #17
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Yeah, but I'm looking for even more coverage. I know that there's a post game show on TV, but 103.3 has a post game show that lasts another 30 minutes or so even after that...And Derek Harper is very difficult to sit through. He's...not good.
i hate dallas sports media. mavs are one of the most succesfull franchises in sports in the last 5-6 years, yet we'll talk about the 8 and 8 cowboys to no end.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #18
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Murph, was out getting drunk. I'll try better next time.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

good work fogleman
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote