Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Thumbs up Stack for Tinsley

Indiana want's to get rid of Tinsley. He would be a great back up point for the Mav's, a position of need for us.

Tinsley averaged 12 points 8.5 Assists last year!!!!!! He's 6'3", a reasonable height.

We have plenty of swingmen now (Green, Wright, Howard, Singleton, Williams, George), not enough really good point guards.

Trade stack and Indiana will get the salary off there books in one year instead of 3 (tinsley's contract is almost for the same amount)

Damp/Diop
Dirk/Bass
Howard/Green/Singleton
Jet/Wright/Green
Kidd/Tinsley/Barea

At least 2 deep at each spot!

Either that or trade stack to Denver for McDyess, Denver is going to cut him anyway, it would save Denver 4 or 5 mil. to cut stack instead of Dice!!!!!
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Like Drugs --- Just say no.

Use Stack, George, and Bass to get a real starting SG.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Tinsley would be a great backup point, and Kidd would keep him in line
Old 11-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Tinsley would be a great backup point, and Kidd would keep him in line
Maybe, but the biggest need of this team is a better SG.

Use the assets you have to solidify the starting 5, then worry about the next 5.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 11-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
Eman

I think Green/Terry/Wright will make a very Good shooting guard combo, Terry can play with Kidd cause kidd is big and can guard other team's big. I have very high hopes for Green and I think Wright fits in too. We need a backup point and a big who can play defense and Score (McDyess)
Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
I think Green/Terry/Wright will make a very Good shooting guard combo, Terry can play with Kidd cause kidd is big and can guard other team's big. I have very high hopes for Green and I think Wright fits in too. We need a backup point and a big who can play defense and Score (McDyess)
Terry is very good shooter, and good offensively. He has lots of trouble defensively with good SG's though. Kidd can make up for that sometimes, but not others.

Wright is a good defender with some offense. He also gets no respect from officials and gets called every time a respect call is given.

Green is a weird duck, IMO. He isn't exactly a SG, he is more of a SF -- to me. I don't understand why he doesn't get more burn though. He seems like the perfect backup for JHo, and a compliment with him against many teams. He seems to have an outside shot, and an ability to drive. He has length. I think he is the future, but I am not sure why they seem to be holding him back right now.

Just to be honest, I'd rather see mgmt try to get Camby or Kaman with Stacks + Bass (who is a true tweener who is undersized for his true position). Solidify the frontcourt, then worry about the backcourt, then worry about the next 3 -- then the next 2.

Really, only 8-9 guys are going to get burn come playoff time anyway.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Dalm about packaging Stackhouse for a starting SG, but if nothing can be worked out I'd MUCH rather have Tinsley backing up Kidd than JJB (and any trade that gets rid of Stack is a good one!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Tinsley has three years left on his contract is a complete cancer.

No.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Stack/George/Bass for Mike Miller.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think Tinsley could definitely be useful as a backup on this team but ultimately I believe giving up Stack for him would be overpaying. Tinsley can be had for very little given Indiana's stance on trading him and Stack's expiring contract carries significant value that could be used as an incentive in a package to acquire a solid starting 2 guard, which at this point is a more important need.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Stack/George/Bass for Mike Miller.
Why does Minn do that?

They don't need Bass, Stack or George. They have Al J that is better than Bass. George and Stack aren't better than Miller.

Doesn't happen, IMO.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Jefferson/Love/Bass can be their 3-headed frontcourt for years to come.
Stack is an expiring.
George can be bought out, allowing Brewer and McCants some playing time to develop alongside Foye.

everyone knows they aren't going to contend for a championship anytime soon, so picking up a young stud in Bass and clearing up more room next summer, while allowing their young swingmen to play is a pretty viable decision IMHO.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 11-05-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Mike Miller for Bass/Stack/(filler) would be a dream come true. I agree there are incentives for Minny to trade Miller but I just hope our bid can be competitive enough to have a shot at him.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 11-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

I just flat do not see Minny doing that deal.

They would be better off keeping MMiller, IMO.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #15
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I just flat do not see Minny doing that deal.

They would be better off keeping MMiller, IMO.
Yeah, Miller is like their franchise player now.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:03 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh no, Miller is hardly their franchise player.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #17
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

yeah, I was joking.

But on a serious note, I think that the Mavs and the Pacers should just combine teams.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Indiallas Pavericks does sound magical and shit.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 AM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Kidd, Granger, Howard/Dunleavy, Dirk, Damp

TJ Ford, Bass, Rush, Green, Marquis, Foster, Murphy.

It's not that bad, at least I don't think so..
Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #20
alby
Guru

Sadly, that's not a lock for a ring.

Contact Me
Old 11-07-2008, 05:25 AM   #21
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Minny will want a 1st and expirings for Miller i would think
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #22
mavs531

mavs531 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Like Drugs --- Just say no.
Come on! Tinsley would be awesome for us! He was one of the best point guards in the league last year before he got injured. Stackhouse won't deliver every night. Tinsley has the potential to.
mavs531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #23
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Tinsley's game is alright but the contract is prohibitive.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #24
Eman

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Tinsley's game is alright but the contract is prohibitive.
$7 million is not bad for a solid point guard like Tinsley. He's young, and its only for 3 years, not prohibitive. And a back court of

Kidd/Tinsley
Green/Terry/Wright

Would be a very solid back court with lots of options. And you wouldn't see such a dropoff when Kidd leave the floor.
with
Damp/Diop
Dirk/Bass and
Josh/Green/Williams

You have a pretty good team. Solid everywhere but Center, where we are good defensively.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #25
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Well, Tinsley certainly isn't old but at 30 I wouldn't call him young, either...at least not by NBA standards.