Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-29-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default Nugs/ Mavs

this is my first try this offseason, and it reaks of former Mavs, so if it sucks, BLOW ME (jk)

one catch is that Buckner would have to opt out, and resign&trade(if possible) for $2mil in this first year (about a $1 mil raise).

Denver trades:

NeNe / Najera / Lenard / Buckner

Dallas trades:

Stackhouse / Quise / DJ

Dallas:
Devin / Jet (6th man)
Fin/ Buck
JHO / KVH
Dirk/ KVH/NeNe
Damp/ NeNe/ Bradley

plus PPod, Lenard & Eddie.

Dallas gets young 4/5 bruiser and good role players in Buck& Eddie. Lenard is a shooter, who is also in Last year of deal.

This deal does put a lot more pressure on Devin& Fin to step up, but I think they would.

Denver:

Miller/Boykins
Stack/ Quise
Melo/ Person
KMart/ ROOKIE ( Simeon/Turiaf/May ???? numerous options)
Camby/ Elson / DJ

Denver gets 2 options at the postion they are hurting, and Rookie should pick up slack at Back up PF
Old 05-30-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
gnzl312

gnzl312 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Nugs/ Mavs

the only thing i like about that is nene. Voshon and bukner are old and i know everybody luvs eddie but i wouldent do this trade
gnzl312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Nugs/ Mavs

i don't really love eddie, he just makes it work. The problem is the teams don't have good matching salaries. I really wanted to work a Stack for NeNe deal, but I think it'd take more. and although I think giving Quise may be too much, I don't think Stack & Bradley would be enough. I rather see a Stack/Bradley for NeNe / Najera / Lenard , but I don't think Denver would do it.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:58 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Nugs/ Mavs

But why would Nene want to come here. He wants to start. They really have one guy to many, and I think you could get Nene, problem is, you would need to start him, his defense is Nash like, and he would cost a SG +...namely Daniels and more.

I like Elson as a better thought. A 7' athletic, defensive minded big man who wouldn't have to start.

Whether you get Elson or Nene, you need to move a swingman and a Big or two, just to have some PT to develop them.

** Just as a note, I don't expect the roster to change by more than 3 people this year, and I expect 2 of them to be DA and AH.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote