Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-18-2004, 09:35 PM   #1
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default Any chance...????

Right now, the charlotte bobcats look as if they couldnt put up 60 points per game. They dont have a proven scorer on the roster, and IMO they need one very badly. Would charlotte part with next year's first round pick for Jerry stackhouse and cash?????????? Is there anything that we could give them to sweeten the deal (besides howard)?? Maybe we could throw in bradley or booth if they give us gerald wallace. That pick could very possible be the #1 pick. Maybe we can make it #1 protected for 3 years... i think that can be done.

We would recieve a TE... but i am sure that we wouldn't be able to use it within the next year.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Any chance...????

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
Right now, the charlotte bobcats look as if they couldnt put up 60 points per game. They dont have a proven scorer on the roster, and IMO they need one very badly. Would charlotte part with next year's first round pick for Jerry stackhouse and cash?????????? Is there anything that we could give them to sweeten the deal (besides howard)?? Maybe we could throw in bradley or booth if they give us gerald wallace. That pick could very possible be the #1 pick. Maybe we can make it #1 protected for 3 years... i think that can be done.

We would recieve a TE... but i am sure that we wouldn't be able to use it within the next year.
After watching the expansion draft I would be surprised if Bobcats would do that deal.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #3
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i think the bobcats are going to be the new version of the clippers....the owner doesn't look like he wants to spend any money on the team..he's just happy to own one

how can you not even make an effort to sign a guy in free agency or try and pull off a trade? honestly this year's free agency has probably been one of the biggest in recent years
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:51 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Any chance...????

Why should he spend right now after being subject to all of the draft and salary cap restrictions?

Let him develop a couple of young guys and then open the wallet in 2-3 years. The owner owns BET. He can afford it.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:22 AM   #5
lonny22

lonny22 is on a distinguished road

I bet he spends money on the team, so he can market his good players on BET.

The argument with expansion teams is always whether or not they want immediate sucess or down the line. It's hard to get both. He wants down the line when he has more money to spend. There will also be some good guys next year.
lonny22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:35 AM   #6
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

Hell, in 5 years Gerald Wallace and Emeka Okafor are going to be dropping 20ppg a piece.. Bobby doesn't have much to worry about.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:11 AM   #7
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

wallace is a mack.