Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default PJ Brown

I think he would be a great backup to Dirk. 6'11, tough, good ft shooter. He earns 8 mil a year for the next 3 years. Wonder what the Mavs need to do to get him?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:PJ Brown

Although I really like PJ... I think he deserves more minutes than we would give him. Also... I dont think New Orleans can aford to give him up without getting a PF back, something we cant give.

If for some reason the Hornets wanted cap relief... I would send then Hendu/Dickau in a heart beat. Maybe Booth wouild be involved in a package. But the Dickau/Hendu could be done sooner because it Dickau's contract wouldnt effect the contracts... ir maybe the hornets have a TE.

Too bad New Orleans still turns this deal down. We would have had a better chance to get PJ brown if we still had Najera as bait.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

PJ is from New Orleans, and took less to stay there. He isn't going anywhere.

He would be a great fit though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Yea... I think that PJ has some sort of No-trade clause that wouldnt allow him to go somewhere that he doesnt want to (similer to Jason Terry). I think he wont ever leave the hornets. He would be a nice guy to have around though.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: PJ Brown

Are we stocking up on mediocre players with ridiculous long term contracts? How long before someone suggests trading for Alan Houston?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 06:15 PM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

That would have been my next post.

Seriously, the idea was to trade for a bigger contract equal to smaller contracts on the Mavs. That would trim roster and hopefully in the process get a backup for Dirk. That's all it is.

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Are we stocking up on mediocre players with ridiculous long term contracts? How long before someone suggests trading for Alan Houston?