Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-25-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default 3 for 1 for a PF (AD)

If they have to bring AJ on to the roster, here's what I'd like to see: Package Esch, Dickau and Hendu for AD.

Dallas dumps 2 roster spots and gains a solid backup for Dirk at PF. We give up on a young prospect, Dickau, but who needs prospects when you got Donnie relentlessly scouring the international leagues.

Chicago dumps a bad contract and gains an expiring contract that gets picked up by insurance. They replace Crawford with a young, inexpensive prospect. They also get a backup center who could be bought out if not needed.

Our roster after the trade:

Terry/Harris/AJ
Daniels/Stack
Fin/JHo
Dirk/AD
Damp/Bradley/Booth

IR: Pavel, TAW, MBenga

Title anyone?

================================================== ==============

Dallas trades: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes)
PF Evan Eschmeyer (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.3 minutes)
PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 6.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Antonio Davis (8.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.6 ppg, +4.3 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

Chicago trades: PF Antonio Davis (8.8 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.1 minutes)
Chicago receives: PF Alan Henderson (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6 games)
PF Evan Eschmeyer (4.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6 games)
PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 43 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.6 ppg, -4.3 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:3 for 1 for a PF (AD)

Chicago is in the same position as we are... they too need to trim roster. I have pretty much ruled AD out at this point. A team that has 17 players wont do a 1 for 3 deal.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:55 PM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
Chicago is in the same position as we are... they too need to trim roster. I have pretty much ruled AD out at this point. A team that has 17 players wont do a 1 for 3 deal.
Actually, RealGM is listing 'em at 16. But you're right that's still too bad and they won't do it.
Thanks for pointing out. I shoulda' known better.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Well I am assuming that they sign Chris Duhon.... that would take it to 17. But the idea is the same. I think AD is a good fit here and I would give up Hendu/booth to get him. Too bad it probaly wont happen
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote