Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #1
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default Denver still needs a SG

I was looking at Denvers roster... and the only SG they have is voshon Lenerd. I know that they are planning to sign jon Barry... but is that enough. Maybe a deal can be worked out where they take Esch if we give them stack in echange for Sitka. The number dont quite add up... but maybe with some of kiki & donnie's tricks a deal like stack/ecsh for sitka/second rounder/cash. I know we lose talent but we get rid of a useless contract. This deal depends on how much money they use to sign boykins and barry.

I am not sure if I do this trade this trade or not... It is just something to consider. Most likely there will be no more trades this summer.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Denver still needs a SG

I like the idea of Skita, but that doesn't come close in the $$$ department, and I believe they only have $3-4M under the cap. I don't see much of a way for it to happen.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
fin4life

yea, I cant really find a way to get the numbers to add up unless we gave J-ho instead of stackhouse.... but I dont think that that helps Denver that much. They need a big scorer at the 2... someone like stack. I think both miller and K-mart score about 17 per game. Melo will score about 23. camby, lenard, nene will score about 10 a piece. Nobody else is a big scorer. Maybe that is enough... I think they need a little more fire power, because an Injury would kill this team right now. They only have like 9 players.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:23 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have Stackhouse than "Skita".

Old 08-26-2004, 04:27 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a trade to think about, not that it will happen.....But I would do it from a Dallas perspective.

Atlanta trades: PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 15.4 minutes)
Atlanta receives: C Calvin Booth (4.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0 minutes)
PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 6.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Denver trades: SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes)
Denver receives: PG Tony Delk (6.0 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 33 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, +0.2 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Dallas trades: C Calvin Booth (4.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0 minutes)
PG Dan Dickau (2.2 ppg, 0.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 6.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: -4.4 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Atlanta gets a big man, and a point guard.
Denver gets a SG in Delk, who can score some, and provide some depth.
Dallas gets to trim roster, and get a backup developmental 3.

I don't think it would happen, but I also am not sure who would back out first.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 08-26-2004, 04:30 PM   #6
fin4life

I think ATL needs delk as a replacement for Bob Sura. Also... denver would need to be given some cash or a pick.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Denver still needs a SG

According to Kiki V., Skita is not available......despite persistent rumors to the contrary.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:02 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Denver's not going to give up a former No. 5 pick for Tony Delk, but what is the fascination with Tskitishvili? Sure, he was supposed to be the next Dirk or somesuch, but last time I checked he was still a spare who is shooting like 30% for his career. No way in heck I'd give up a proven commodity like Stackhouse for him. Not the way this team is constructed.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:07 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Denver still needs a SG

He has not performed, but Denver (like you said) cannot give up on him. He still displays flashes of potential. He is still a very young man. I think Kiki is worried about him flourishing elsewhere.

He isn't going anywhere without a strong offer.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:11 PM   #10
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Rule No. 1 in the NBA acquisition business is you try to buy low and sell high. That's why I don't see the Nuggets moving Tskitishvili and I don't see the Mavs moving Stackhouse.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:17 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I'd rather have Stackhouse than "Skita".
I'd much rather have Howard that skita as well. However if by some chance we could get Skita for Booth, I'd do that one. I just don't expect that chance to happen.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

I wouldn't give Stack for Skita either..... if for no other reason because the $$$ aren't close.

Skita is a young 7' SF though, that has some offensive skills. I think he would thrive, like Dirk has, in a Nellie system. Especially beside/behind Dirk.

Doc, KG -- both of you are correct, this isn't happening, and Denver has way too much to lose. My trade was just one that would eliminate one of the Centers and Dickau for another project with a huge upside that might be worth it in about 3 years. I tried to make it at least a little fair for all; and if it happened, I wouldn't be "blown away", but it isn't likely to happen either.

LRB -- I wouldn't give up Howard either, although I think Skita has more potential upside, Howard presently is more developed than him at the SF.

I was just trying to find a trade that would get a SG to Denver that would work for them, w/o giving up too much from Dallas's side, and making sure that it was a 2-1 deal.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:00 AM   #13
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Skita was supposedly very, very good in the summer leagues this year. He's young and according to articles I've read, many in the NBA think he may finally be ready to play this year.

Another thing is, at least in style if not ability, he's a Dirk clone. If you want someone to play 8-10 minutes a game at power forward while Dirk rests, and you want someone to maintain the same style, not be a change, then he'd be a good choice for the Mavericks.

We do have a glut at the 2/3 while Denver has a shortage at the 2, but I don't see a way to make both the salaries and talent match. Stackhouse is the guy Denver could use, but I don't see any workable trade.

Maybe someone cleverer could find one.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to help out Denver any more.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:02 AM   #15
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

Stackhouse will be a key part of this team...he's staying.