Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-26-2004, 01:50 PM   #1
mediocre_life

mediocre_life is on a distinguished road
Default Lack of PF

Can we get Keon Clark to back up Dirk and dispose one of our centers to phoenix? Is there a chance that mavs get him?we all knew they badly need a center (correct me if im wrong if the Suns doesnt handles the rights for keon)
Old 08-26-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lack of PF

harvey looks like the answer to your question.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:05 PM   #3
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Lack of PF

yea... the only moves that the mavs will make this year are cuts and possibly a roster trimming trade, but it looks like it will just be cuts.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Im stupid.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:21 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

The last thing that this team needs is Keon Clark.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lack of PF

Whoa! I thought that first snowman was LRB.......I was going to write a message in the snow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:53 PM   #7
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Would you care to explain why?
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:31 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
Quote:
Would you care to explain why?
There are a lot of reasons why, and the main reason has nothing to do with talent... Read up on this guy's history and you will quickly answer your own question!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:58 AM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the original question of lack of a backup PF.
I hope, if they get a backup PF for Dirk, that he can play D on some of the Big SF's as well.

I am not worried about the PF and C with the inside games -- Damp and Bradley, and Booth can cover them.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I am worried about the times when we play Sac and Damp has to play Miller, Dirk on CWebb, that leaves Fin/Daniels for Peja..............they have a mismatch there. Of course Dallas has one of Nowitzki on CWebb.

Terry - Bibby (backup Harris - Jackson)
Daniels - Christie
Finley - Peja
Nowitzki - CWebb
Damp - Miller (backup Bradley - Tag)

This is basically a tossup for these 7. Stack and Howard are the XX factors.

Question is: If they could find a player that could guard Peja --- could they dominate?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Denver
Terry - Miller (backup Harris - Boykins)
Daniels - Anthony (backup Stackhouse - Leonard)
Finley - Nene (backup Howard - Skita)
Nowitzki - KMart
Damp - Camby (backup Bradley - Elson)

They match up pretty well, with Dallas having the slight advantage, IMO.

Question is: If they could find a player that could guard KMart, allowing Dirk on Nene --- could they dominate?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Utah
Terry - Arroyo (backup Harris - Lopez)
Daniels - Giricek (backup Stackhouse - Bell)
Finley - Kirilenko (backup Howard - Harpring)
Nowitzki - Boozer
Damp - Okur

They match up pretty well, with Dallas having the slight advantage, IMO.

Question is: If they could find a player that could guard Kirileno --- could they dominate?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Howard/Daniels/Fin or Stack going to be able to do the job? ? ? Maybe.....I guess we will find out when the season starts.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:10 AM   #10
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

it's yet to be seen how Martin will handle Denver's offensive style...honestly, I don't see them as much of an obstacle. they don't have the guards.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:06 AM   #11
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
it's yet to be seen how Martin will handle Denver's offensive style...honestly, I don't see them as much of an obstacle. they don't have the guards.
Denver is a mediocre to good WC team,all they have is an HIGHLY overrated sophmore SF,and a good EC PF.
In the west,that'll buy you a ticket to the playoffs,nothing more.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #12
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

At this point I would be more concerned with Utah than Denver although both team will have to prove themselves.

Denver would have been better off landing Ginobili than Kenyon Martin imo

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #13
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I completely agree with Dirkenstein; Manu would have solved their swingman issues (he could tidy up on the shooting) and Denver wouldn't have the frontcourt glut. You can almost guarantee that there is going to be some whining from Nene since he now has to come off the bench (ain't no way Martin or 'Melo are sitting). I see Nene moving at some point in the near future possibly for a SG; how Kiki managed to hold onto him in the K-Mart trade is awesome but he's got to realize that he's got a great trade commodity on his hands.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:45 PM   #14
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

The Nuggets need for a SG is the main reason I can see them giving us a good look for Stackhouse.......as a rival we would have to offer better than most team, but you know what? Stackhouse is better than most other teams could/would offer.........

I have no idea about the numbers but we could trade Stackhouse and a Center (Bradley / Booth) and that would put nene on the team as both backup C and PF........10 minutes as Dirk's backup and another 15-20 as a regular in the center rotation.......and a chance to get back at the team that traded for KMart to take his place

what kind of #'s would we need to get to match up the salaries....I imagine Stackhouse makes a LOT more than Nene

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: giantbenmav
The Nuggets need for a SG is the main reason I can see them giving us a good look for Stackhouse.......as a rival we would have to offer better than most team, but you know what? Stackhouse is better than most other teams could/would offer.........

I have no idea about the numbers but we could trade Stackhouse and a Center (Bradley / Booth) and that would put nene on the team as both backup C and PF........10 minutes as Dirk's backup and another 15-20 as a regular in the center rotation.......and a chance to get back at the team that traded for KMart to take his place

what kind of #'s would we need to get to match up the salaries....I imagine Stackhouse makes a LOT more than Nene
I think they could do something like this, if Mark will buy out TAW, EE, and Dickau

Dallas trades: SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Nene Hilario (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -11.2 ppg, -2.0 rpg, and -3.7 apg.

Denver trades: SF Nene Hilario (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
SF Nikoloz Tskitishvili (2.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 7.9 minutes)
Denver receives: SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
Change in team outlook: +11.2 ppg, +2.0 rpg, and +3.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I don't think that Denver would do it, but from a Dallas perspective of clearing out a little of the 2/3 and worrying about the future...but IMO it makes sense.

EL is correct though, do you really want to go face Miller, Stackhouse, Anthony, KMart, Camby ?? Why help out Denver for backups?

<edit>
If this did happen:

Terry (1/2), Harris(1)
Daniels(1/2/3), Finley(2/3)
Howard(2/3), Skita(3/4)
Nowitzki(3/4/5),NeNe(4/5)
Dampier(5), Bradley(5)

Booth(4/5), Benga(4/5), PPod(5), AJ(1)

Henderson (4)

That's 15.
Man, Nellie really would be the MAD scientist with all the options he would have.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #16
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Dalmations makes an excellent point, adding Stackhouse to the Denver team makes it quite formidable and does make me think twice about a Nene-Stack trade. However, one thing our team is still relatively lacking in is power players. I know we have Damp now but he's only 1 guy (and I wouldn't want Dirk to bulk up). Our other players (swingmen, and finesse centers) don't offer strong match-ups, I'd like to see what Booth might be able to offer, but I struggle to envision him clogging up the paint with his thin frame. Despite the Damp acquisition, the Mavs remain a finesse team; picking up a YOUNG big would do worlds to push us further into contention. (I emphasize young because we've made the mistake in the past of picking a great guy, who was just a bit over the hill, sorry Scott, no offense). I would definitely go for the Stack-Nene trade, but I doubt Denver would be willing to throw in Skita and the salary thing is a bitch. Outside of that, power to you dalmations.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote