Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-23-2004, 11:38 AM   #1
MFFL4113

MFFL4113 is on a distinguished road
Default A hot '05 Free Agent To Be

I know the Mavs are tight in the cap and don't have much more for free agents next summer but with Cuban, anything is possible, especially in a sign and trade deal. An interesting name is Andrei Kirilenko, and he may just be available. Why would Utah not lock him up? AK wants the max, and both he and Utah and everyone out there know, whether it be through word-of-mouth or statistical evidence, he is worth it. With the big potential of a new collective bargaining agreement on its way, which would benefit Utah, the talk up there is that it may not be worth it. I still believe, as does my friend, who lives up there and is a big Jazz fan, that they very well still could and will sign him, but he says that a lot of skepticism just leads him and others to believe that the door is still very wide open. If they do decide to part ways with him, I think the only real way the Mavs could get him is in a sign and trade, whether it be a 3-way deal or not, who knows, and it is possible they end up trading players away and then going to sign him, but a lot of that can't be thought up from one year away, but if they do go after him, what price would you be willing to give up to get him? And where does he fit in in this organization?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #2
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:A hot '05 Free Agent To Be

Worth it???Kirilenko deserves a Max out contract???
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:23 PM   #3
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I would give up any player but Dirk. I would do Stack/Howard/Bradley/Dickau. Pretty much anything they want.

I dont think that he will be offered though. Utah will lock him up with a 7 year max contract
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
MFFL4113

MFFL4113 is on a distinguished road

Ya I agree...I still think theyw ill lock him up but it is possible they don't, thats all I was bringing up, it is a major hypothetical,but he is worth it.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Sure if we can get AK47 without giving up Dirk, we should really look into it. But I doubt that will really be a possibility. You never know, but the probability is extremely low to the point of approaching zero % chance of happening. I guess that 0.0000001% chance is still out there though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A hot '05 Free Agent To Be

I'd give up anybody other than Dirk and not think twice about it in order to get AK. I think our chances of getting him are worse than our chances of getting Shaq were, though.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #7
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Think of a frontcourt of Dampier-Dirk-AK47 Great on defense, great on offense...We will have to pieces to give Utah too if they decide they would rather do a sign and trade...I don't know why they wouldn't lock him up in a long contract though.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I say no to any trades except a roster trimming trade. Let's get some chemistry going here. Too many trades is never good for a team gunning for a championship.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #9
Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein is on a distinguished road

AK-47 and Dirk? That's beyond sick.
Sinn Fein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Utah is not getting rid of AK47....they Sloan knows how to groom a star and that is just what he is doing.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #11
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Every year their are about 6-8 teams that have the ablility to win the championship. What divides half of them into contenders and pretenders are Injuries. If the Mavs can stay in the 3-4 good teams that are injury free... they will have a good shot.

I guess that fallas under the "Luck" catagory
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote