Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-25-2004, 11:56 PM   #1
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default Mavs will trade with Lottery team

Have you noticed that we always try to predict trades with good teams? And have you also noticed that all of our trades have been with 2003-2004 season lottery teams? Cuban even told us in his blog that Mavericks trades come out of nowhere.

Jamison traded to the Wizards (lotto team)
Walker traded to the Hawks (lotto team)
Najera traded to the Warriors (lotto team)

So which team is most likely to be our next trading partner:

Chicago, Orlando, Charlotte, LA Clippers, Phoenix, Toronto, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Portland or Utah?????

My guess: Toronto for Jalen Rose!!!
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Mavs will trade with Lottery team

I hope the mavs are smarter than to trade for jalen rose. He is a major downgrade from Jerry Stackhouse
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:16 AM   #3
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

What about Philadelphia for Iverson?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #4
Joey

Or Cleveland For Lebron?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Old 08-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #5
Joey

Charlotte for Emeka?
Old 08-28-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
Joey

Portland for Randolph?
Old 08-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #7
Joey

Oh, I got a good one...

How about Phoenix for Nash?!
Old 08-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #8
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Clips for Maggete?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:08 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs will trade with Lottery team

what should be a good thread has taken a turn for the unfunny worse....good call bcrav4......nice idea...but as resounding "NO!!!" to Rose in dallas.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:13 AM   #10
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

The who would be the most likely "lottery team superstar" traded to the Mavs next Sike?
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:14 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

no more superstars on this team's horizon.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-30-2004, 11:30 AM   #12
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

maybe the next lottery team superstar is rashard lewis... but i doubt it. This team is set.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:38 AM   #13
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
maybe the next lottery team superstar is rashard lewis... but i doubt it. This team is set.
Cuban said they were done with major moves on the ticket the other day...

Old 08-30-2004, 11:40 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
Cuban said they were done with major moves on the ticket the other day...
Then let's call it a minor instead of major move.........and get it done. LOL

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Rashard Lewis would be a major move...where would he play? who would they trade? blah blah....it would be a big deal...they don't need any more bigdogs who plays Dirk's position....people, please quit trying to take balls out of Dirk's hand...

Old 08-30-2004, 11:56 AM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rashard Lewis would be a major move...where would he play? who would they trade? blah blah....it would be a big deal...they don't need any more bigdogs who plays Dirk's position....people, please quit trying to take balls out of Dirk's hand...
Why would getting Rashard Lewis take the ball out of Dirk's hands? ? Dirk should definately be the 1st offensive choice.

IMO; having Rashard would take pressure off Dirk though because Dirk could face up, and play the pick-n-roll with Terry while having to be guarded by a PF instead of a 6'10"SF.

I just think Lewis is closer to Howards defensive ability and Fin's shooting ability at 6'10".

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 08-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

the rest of the offense will do plenty to "take the presure off" of Dirk..as far as I'm concerned, Dirk needs presure on him to be the man for this team....puppy, having another 6'11" offensive type (which Lewis is) would only take shots away from Dirk...and the front office has seeming learned this lesson....just say no to any more offensive additions to this team. On the offensive end, they are set. The only thing they MIGHT need is a defensive minded 4 as a backup to Dirk....but I think Booth could fill this role nicely if given the chance.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
the rest of the offense will do plenty to "take the presure off" of Dirk..as far as I'm concerned, Dirk needs presure on him to be the man for this team....puppy, having another 6'11" offensive type (which Lewis is) would only take shots away from Dirk...and the front office has seeming learned this lesson....just say no to any more offensive additions to this team. On the offensive end, they are set. The only thing they MIGHT need is a defensive minded 4 as a backup to Dirk....but I think Booth could fill this role nicely if given the chance.

Cool, I'll agree to disagree, but thank you for your opinion, (it is probably better than mine anyway). I enjoy debating this stuff. Can't wait for the season to start.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:14 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

nothing but love for puppy..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2004, 12:57 PM   #20
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
....people, please quit trying to take balls out of Dirk's hand...
Dirk needs to learn to play with just one ball.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
Quote:
Dirk needs to learn to play with just one ball.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
cute...

Old 08-30-2004, 04:15 PM   #22
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
Quote:
cute...
Sorry Sike... couldn't resist. Kinda' cheap... I know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:22 AM   #23
sike
The Preacha

v2m you should activate your pms! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] someone may want to talk to ya