Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 08-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default Gary Trent?

yeah, I know he's old, but he can be an alright backup PF for us. anyone think we could sign him for the minimum, or LLE (assuming Avery doesn't take it)?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:20 AM   #2
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Gary Trent?

We don't have the LLE... DJ got it. Also, it's hard enough to cut 3 players off the roster. By signing Trent, who would you like to cut?
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
endtroducing
Golden Member

steffanson, dickau and TAW.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

Trent like, 5 years ago would be a good backup for Dirk. But now... do a few situps.
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 AM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: poohrichardson
Trent like, 5 years ago would be a good backup for Dirk. But now... do a few situps.
Didnt look like he needed to do situps when he was going off on Dallas last year did it???

12/18 - 18Pts, 12Rebs, 7-7FG

01/03 - 22Pts, 7Rebs, 7-8FG

03/03 - 8Pts, 6Rebs, (Limited Minutes)

Yeah, those situps should be done IMMEDIATELY!!! [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

As a backup he would be great. With Trent, Harris, Daniels, Howard and Booth/Bradley coming off the bench we'd have a scoring backcourt and a powerful frontcourt capable of putting up points and shutting people down, all coming off of the bench.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
endtroducing
Golden Member

trent must cost too much, if we're settling on harvey...
Old 08-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing

Harvey is a better fit than Trent..........IMO

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:51 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Gary Trent?

Harvey is younger more atheletic and less money....sounds fine to me!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:20 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I don't think that we need Trent. I'd rather have Booth doing backup to Dirk.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:30 PM   #11
poohrichardson

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
Quote:
Didnt look like he needed to do situps when he was going off on Dallas last year did it???

12/18 - 18Pts, 12Rebs, 7-7FG

01/03 - 22Pts, 7Rebs, 7-8FG

03/03 - 8Pts, 6Rebs, (Limited Minutes)

Yeah, those situps should be done IMMEDIATELY!!! [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Trent saw some decent minutes when Olowokandi was hurt.. but do you really expect that from him on a game-to-game basis? I watched every single Timberwolves game this regular and post season (I live in MN so they were mostly on local) and trust me.. Trent doesn't fit Dallas' style and he played 1000x better for about a 5 game stretch than he did for the past two years. He'd be an okay pickup at the vet minimum, but he isn't a legit backup for Dirk.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I know Trent's game, as I too have watched him in the past, (he was a Maverick you know)... No one is calling him a GREAT PF, but to say that he couldnt man the 8-10 minutes per game on a regular basis is quite stupid... I know he is not made to run, but that doesnt mean he would hurt the team... How often does the backup PF have an opportunity to finish on a fastbreak in his 8-10 minutes anyway???

To act as though DJ Freakin Benga, (who I really like by the way), or Calvin Booth would be far and away better choices just points out the flaws in your logic... Again, this is BACKUP PF... If you honestly believe that Gary Trent is not good enough for BACKUP PF then I truly have no respect for your basketball IQ!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:23 PM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing

Harvey is a better fit than Trent..........IMO
Considering the athleticism that Harvey can bring, I would definitley agree with this!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 PM   #14
poohrichardson

Quote:
I know Trent's game, as I too have watched him in the past, (he was a Maverick you know)... No one is calling him a GREAT PF, but to say that he couldnt man the 8-10 minutes per game on a regular basis is quite stupid... I know he is not made to run, but that doesnt mean he would hurt the team... How often does the backup PF have an opportunity to finish on a fastbreak in his 8-10 minutes anyway???

To act as though DJ Freakin Benga, (who I really like by the way), or Calvin Booth would be far and away better choices just points out the flaws in your logic... Again, this is BACKUP PF... If you honestly believe that Gary Trent is not good enough for BACKUP PF then I truly have no respect for your basketball IQ!!!
I could really care less if you have respect for my "basketball IQ." I said Trent doesn't work with Dallas' run and gun game, whether he plays for 40 minutes or 4 minutes. He's incredible out of shape, is not a great rebounder, and would likely be the worst player ON THE FLOOR for Dallas any time he was out there. Is he really worth going out of our way to get?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:41 PM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Dude, if you read my posts in this thread, I never once said LETS GET TRENT... You made some asinine post about him needing to do situps and not having talent since '99... I just provided some stats from this past year, (and can provide stats from past years to prove the previously labeled ASININE STATEMENT wrong if you would like), and you went on to tell me what I already knew about Trent... And if Trent was on the floor with ANYONE WE CURRENTLY HAVE TO PLAY BACKUP PF, HE WOULD DEFINITELY NOT BE THE WORST PLAYER ON THE COURT IN MY OPINION.

Basically, you dont like the guy and thats fine, but dont say he's worthless or you will be called out for it!

And by the way, Im glad you couldnt care less if I have respect for your "BB IQ," because if you did, your feelings would be hurt right now!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:35 AM   #16
poohrichardson

Quote:
IN MY OPINION.
Those are the only three words of that entire post that meant a thing to me.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:15 AM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

boys..boys...play nice......Gary Trent is not worth it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-27-2004, 01:33 AM   #18
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
boys..boys...play nice......Gary Trent is not worth it.

I nominate this for the quote of the week

It's funny how something this subtle can be that damn funny.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Keep em coming sike
Old 08-27-2004, 01:37 AM   #19
sike
The Preacha

thanks Q, now if only I could win one of those Sikeys.....but the guy who hands those things out is such a bastard!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
IN MY OPINION.
Yeah, it was wise for you to not ask for stats and to back out of the conversation... Also, keep in mind that everything that spewed from your mouth was of opinion too... We both have one, and they certainly dont have to be the same!!! We will agree to disagree then!

And Sike, who is that "bastard" that hands out those Sikey's??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #21
poohrichardson

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
IN MY OPINION.
Yeah, it was wise for you to not ask for stats and to back out of the conversation... Also, keep in mind that everything that spewed from your mouth was of opinion too... We both have one, and they certainly dont have to be the same!!! We will agree to disagree then!

And Sike, who is that "bastard" that hands out those Sikey's??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh yes, please don't bombard me with useless statistics. Fact is, Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons despite what the numbers indicate. (see Michael Olowokandi as proof that you can put up good numbers and still be completely useless to a team)
Old 08-27-2004, 11:21 AM   #22
endtroducing
Golden Member

no way, dude. stats are all knowing and encompass everything about the game of basketball. duh.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Oh yes, please don't bombard me with useless statistics. Fact is, Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons despite what the numbers indicate. (see Michael Olowokandi as proof that you can put up good numbers and still be completely useless to a team)
I will restate your garbage:

Oh yes, please don't bombard me with useless statistics. OPINION is, Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons despite what the numbers indicate. (see Michael Olowokandi as proof that you can put up good numbers and still be completely useless to a team)
Old 08-27-2004, 12:20 PM   #24
poohrichardson

Quote:
Quote:
I will restate your garbage:

Oh yes, please don't bombard me with useless statistics. OPINION is, Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons despite what the numbers indicate. (see Michael Olowokandi as proof that you can put up good numbers and still be completely useless to a team)

How is "Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons" NOT an opinion? Brutality.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:10 PM   #25
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

How is "Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons" NOT an opinion? Brutality.

WTH??? Are you arguing with yourself here or what? Can't make heads or tales of this post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2004, 01:15 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

LRB, poo(ha ha) is admitting that he was stating an opinion....

Old 08-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
LMAO... How can he state it is an opinion and call it a freakin fact???

Give me a break dude, your rubbing blisters on your heels with all of the backpedaling... Do all of us a favor and quietly fade away from this thread, (and though Im quoting Sike, Im referring to Poo)!
Old 08-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #28
poohrichardson

Quote:
Quote:

Give me a break dude, your rubbing blisters on your heels with all of the backpedaling... Do all of us a favor and quietly fade away from this thread, (and though Im quoting Sike, Im referring to Poo)!

Or maybe you just don't understand linguistics? You can't read my mind, I can realize.. when I say something such as "Fact is, Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons despite what the numbers indicate." that is me expressing my opinion. Ever heard the phrase "reading between the lines"? I can't believe you would perceive any sentence with the phrase "sucked ass" as a concrete fact.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:13 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Or maybe you just don't understand linguistics? You can't read my mind, I can realize.. when I say something such as "Fact is, Trent has sucked some major ass the last two seasons despite what the numbers indicate." that is me expressing my opinion. Ever heard the phrase "reading between the lines"? I can't believe you would perceive any sentence with the phrase "sucked ass" as a concrete fact.
i just figured you had a serious relationship with Gary.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #30
poohrichardson

Quote:
Quote:

i just figured you had a serious relationship with Gary.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That's why I don't want him to leave. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #31
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To be frank, this is a message board and I cant hear your voice or see your face... Im not in the business of TRYING TO INTERPRET what the hell your talking about... If you claim something to be a fact, it gets viewed and interpreted that way... So rather than have me "read between the lines" how about you do EVERYONE a favor and post clear and definitive statements!!! If I EVER say THE FACT IS THAT DA DA DA is DA DA DA, then you can bank that DA DA DA is DA DA DA...

Regarding you being unable to believe my perception skills, with the CRAPOLA you have been posting in this thread, I have no idea what is going on in that brain of yours!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 02:30 PM   #32
poohrichardson

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To be frank, this is a message board and I cant hear your voice or see your face... Im not in the business of TRYING TO INTERPRET what the hell your talking about... If you claim something to be a fact, it gets viewed and interpreted that way... So rather than have me "read between the lines" how about you do EVERYONE a favor and post clear and definitive statements!!! If I EVER say THE FACT IS THAT DA DA DA is DA DA DA, then you can bank that DA DA DA is DA DA DA...

Regarding you being unable to believe my perception skills, with the CRAPOLA you have been posting in this thread, I have no idea what is going on in that brain of yours!!!

The problem is you see the world in black and white.. I see it in shades of gray.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:33 PM   #33
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The problem is you see the world in black and white.. I see it in shades of gray.
what cheesy poem did you get this off of?
this whole conversation has gotten the thread way off track....its just silly now

Old 08-27-2004, 02:39 PM   #34
poohrichardson

Quote:
what cheesy poem did you get this off of?

Heh, none.. that was just the nicest way to say it.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:41 PM   #35
sike
The Preacha

well then poo, it sounds like you and Danny boy have agreed to disagree....back to Trent.

Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
well then poo, it sounds like you and Danny boy have agreed to disagree....back to Trent.
I will let the chump off the hook with his "SHADES OF GRAY" crap... Regarding Trent, without our argument I dont think this thread would have went much further... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2004, 12:13 AM   #37
sike
The Preacha

[quote]
Quote:
Originally posted by:
I will let the chump off the hook with his "SHADES OF GRAY" crap... Regarding Trent, without our argument I dont think this thread would have went much further... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
amen and thank God! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #38
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I would really like to see the stats the prove Trent doesn't suck ass. I'm not saying he does, but what makes him a better fit for the Mavs than say...Keon or Harvey? The only problem I have with Trent is that his head is way to small for his body, however that doesn't tell me he sucks, that just means I would have to look at him for 8-10 minutes a game and I don't really want to do that. SHOW ME THE STATISTICS so that I can see why I would want to endure watching him.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #39
poohrichardson

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry that what I said was completely above your realm of understanding. If you actually comprehended what I said, you would have realized that it is a 100% accurate take.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #40
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry that what I said was completely above your realm of understanding. If you actually comprehended what I said, you would have realized that it is a 100% accurate take.
Just cant let getting your ass handed to you go huh??? You wanna keep taking shots huh??? You have posted now 11 times in this article. The first time you posted a completely dim-witted, idiotic, brainless opinion that had nothing but your personal hatred to stand on, and I made you look like a fool for posting it. Posts 2-5 had you back-tracking at record speed to avoid even further embarrasment! Post 6 showed how clueless you really are when you actually attempted to give yourself a rebuttal - In your words, YES, THAT WAS BRUTAL... Posts 7-11 were just plain junk trash talking and served no real purpose, (much like several of my posts now)...

Frankly, the majority of your posts in this thread have, to be perfectly frank, made us all a bit more stupid for having read them... You are some clueless person that has to get the last word, so I will let your BIG BAG OF NOTHING ass have it... Im through with this crap and you can wrap the thread up with your Poo!!!