Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-25-2003, 09:11 PM   #1
stubbymav

stubbymav is on a distinguished road
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

Does anyone really expect this kid to just come in and put up Jordan like numbers? All his success has come from the high shcool level against kids half his size most of the time. I think it is silly that he is getting all this attention for doing NOTHING. So he lead his HIGH SCHOOL team to the state and national finals. Who CARES! Carmelo is the best rookie entering the season in my opinion. I think it will be a real mind game this year for Lebron to EARN all that money that is comming in. It will be interesting. I hope he does well, but I will not speculate until we see him against some real compition.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 09:30 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

No, I don't expect Lebron to put up Jordan numbers.

And this topic would probably be more apporpriately placed under the "Around the NBA" forum. This one is for topics directly concerning members of the Mavs.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #3
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

This belongs in Around the NBA.

And yes....lebron is all hype, obviously, until he shows us something in the L.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

Stubby, you're new so don't even worry about it, but this goes in around the NBA.
Good points thoughm and I agree. This guy hasn't proven anything. He's only so famous because he's the top pick and he's coming straight from high school. The NBA is gonna eat this guy up.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:43 PM   #5
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

I will be the first one on here to defend him...

I don't expect him to put up Jordan like numbers his rookie season, because of course Jordan is basketball's pure beauty. BUT he still dominates people his own age, were not just talking about highschool scrubs, Bron would wake triple teams and still not even notice them.

Yes, Melo is better. BUT don't expect LeBron to just flop, it is not his fault he is being hyped so much. 15, 5, and 4 is my prediction he is going to get, not great, but over the years expect him to be another Magic.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:42 AM   #6
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: LEBRON ALL HYPE?

Its not hard dominating guys your own age in High School bro, especially when you are 6 8, and none of them are even 6 3. Yes, those were HS scrubs he was going against, atleast the ones he was supposedly dominating. And please dont mention this guy and Magic in the same sentence, please dont.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:12 AM   #7
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

He'll fall short of exptations, but not tragically. He just hasn't faced competition like a proffessional NBA team yet/

well, most teams [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 08:49 AM   #8
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

Has everyone forgot about Darko Milicic? This guy has been against professional players around the world. He has more experience than Melo and Lebron combined. This guy will be the top rookie in the league this year in my opinion.
Sorry is that was off topic a little...
Old 09-26-2003, 09:01 AM   #9
cdeleon

cdeleon is on a distinguished road
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

How can you say he didn't play anyone in highschool. He played against most of the top recruits and did very well against them. I still think he is all hype but the boy can play.
cdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:03 AM   #10
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

Quote:
Originally posted by: cdeleon
How can you say he didn't play anyone in highschool. He played against most of the top recruits and did very well against them. I still think he is all hype but the boy can play.
Yeah he can play, but what Im saying is it was just against kids his age with no experience except for playing 5A ball in a gym. He has no experience whatsoever and I think it will be tough for him to make the jump, at least in the first year.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:04 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

all? no. Mostly? yeah...

I know that is an unpopular opinion around here but I am really cynical. He has incredible leaping speed and strength and he's a good passer but I don't see "jordan-like" numbers coming out of him. He dominated the most competitive High-School circuits, so what? He's going to get a nice wakeup call when he has to play defense, and he gets shut down by NBA defenses. I think he'll be good but not the next coming of Jordan. Are we really that starved for an uber-star that we are willing to put untested faith in a high-school rookie?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:52 PM   #12
cdeleon

cdeleon is on a distinguished road
Default LEBRON ALL HYPE?

To tell you the truth I hope he fails. That will show all the endorsers for giving him all that money for not doing anything. I just think that alot of the highschool players he played against are better than they are given them credit for. I am sure on his tour around the country that some of the guys he played against will play in the nba if not star. I think he has played against Carmelo and done pretty well. But then again he hasn't proved anything.
cdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote