Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-26-2003, 11:51 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

2003 Strength Of Schedule

Team Strength Of Schedule
<u>Cowboys .541 </u>
<u>Eagles .541 </u>
Jets .541
Buccaneers .539
Jaguars .537
<u>Redskins .537 </u>
Texans .533
Patriots .527
Titans .524
Panthers .524
Falcons .523
<u>Giants .522 </u>
Saints .520
Colts .518
Dolphins .516
Bengals .508
Bills .504
Broncos .494
Chargers .486
Raiders .482
Bears .480
Ravens .480
Browns .480
Vikings .478
Chiefs .475
Steelers .473
Lions .473
Rams .457
49ers .451
Packers .449
Cardinals .443
Seahawks .443

Looks like the new division scheduling really screwed the Boys. i know I've already posted the actual teams they play, but it's hard to imagine no one has a harder sched tham Dallas. Here's wishing good luck to Bill, he'll have to earn everything he gets.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:54 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< Here's wishing good luck to Bill, he'll have to earn everything he gets. >>

Like another Top 5 draft pick?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

with that scheduele, It will be a miracle to be end up 8-8

I still see a top 10 pick next year even though we will be improved.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 08:17 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

look with parity in the league some of those teams might not be as good. This year the rams were the team that was supposed to go undefeated. And they didn't even make the playoffs. Its impossible to predict what they will do when the offseason just started. Especially if Da boys add a defensive end Lee Suggs, or a shut down corner.

Wait to see if the cowboys add a quientin griffin in the draft. And with a healthy Larry Allen who knows what da boys do. Parcells is a great coach taking three different teams to conference championship game. Three superbowl appearences and 2 wins. No real validity.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:37 AM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default ?????????COWBOYS 2003 strength of schedule?????????

Revisiting the Schedule

Sun., Sep. 7, 3:15 PM ATLANTA - FOX L 27-13
Mon., Sep. 15, 8 PM @ New York Giants - ABC* W 35-32
Sun., Sep. 21, 2003
BYE
Sun., Set. 28, 3:15 PM @ New York Jets [JETS ARE 0-2]
Sun., Oct. 5, Noon ARIZONA [ARIZONA IS 0-2]
Sun., Oct. 12, Noon PHILADELPHIA EAGLES[EAGLES ARE 0-2]
Sun., Oct. 19, Noon @ Detroit Lions [dETROIT IS 1-1; THEY STILL SUCK]
Sun., Oct. 26, Noon @ Tampa Bay [STILL GREAT, BUT THEY LOST TO CAROLINA]
Sun., Nov. 2, Noon WASHINGTON REDSKINS [WASHINGTON IS 2-0, BUT I THINK A SEASON SPLIT IS A MORTAL LOCK]
Sun., Nov. 9, 3:15 PM BUFFALO BILLS [2-0, GOOD TEAM]
Sun., Nov. 16, 7:30 PM @ New England Patriots [1-1, GOOD TEAM]
Sun., Nov. 23, Noon CAROLINA PANTHERS [2-0, IMPROVED, BUT NOT THAT GREAT]
Thu., Nov. 27, 3:05 PM MIAMI DOLPHINS [1-1, LOST TO TEXANS THERE BUDDY]
Sun., Dec. 7, Noon @ Philadelphia Eagles [SEE ABOVE, THEY'LL RIGHT THE SHIP EVENTUALLY]
Sun., Dec. 14, Noon @ Washington Redskins [SEE ABOVE]
Sun., Dec. 21, Noon NEW YORK GIANTS [HELL, WE BEAT EM ONCE]
Sun., Dec. 28, Noon @ New Orleans Saints [1-1, I DIDN'T REALIZE NEW ORLEANS STILL HAD A TEAM]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:28 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Thats what makes the NFL king every year your team has a chance. I have to think the eagles aren't this bad are they? Hey even last year we lost to the texans and then won against titans and rams. I hope carter is at least solid at the very least.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:16 PM   #7
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

After last week, anything can happen. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE IN THE BOYS!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 11:48 AM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Sun., Sep. 7, 3:15 PM ATLANTA - FOX L 27-13
Mon., Sep. 15, 8 PM @ New York Giants - W 35-32
Sun., Sep. 21, 2003
BYE
Sun., Set. 28, 3:15 PM @ New York Jets W 17-6
Sun., Oct. 5, Noon ARIZONA [ARIZONA IS 1-3]
Sun., Oct. 12, Noon PHILADELPHIA EAGLES[EAGLES ARE 1-2]
Sun., Oct. 19, Noon @ Detroit Lions [DETROIT IS 1-3; THEY STILL SUCK]
Sun., Oct. 26, Noon @ Tampa Bay [STILL GREAT, BUT THEY LOST TO CAROLINA]
Sun., Nov. 2, Noon WASHINGTON REDSKINS [WASHINGTON IS 3-1, BUT I THINK A SEASON SPLIT IS A MORTAL LOCK]
Sun., Nov. 9, 3:15 PM BUFFALO BILLS [2-2, GOOD TEAM BUT LOST 2 IN A ROW]
Sun., Nov. 16, 7:30 PM @ New England Patriots [2-2, GOOD TEAM]
Sun., Nov. 23, Noon CAROLINA PANTHERS [3-0, IMPROVED, BUT NOT THAT GREAT]
Thu., Nov. 27, 3:05 PM MIAMI DOLPHINS [2-1, LOST TO TEXANS THERE BUDDY]
Sun., Dec. 7, Noon @ Philadelphia Eagles [SEE ABOVE, THEY'LL RIGHT THE SHIP EVENTUALLY]
Sun., Dec. 14, Noon @ Washington Redskins [SEE ABOVE]
Sun., Dec. 21, Noon NEW YORK GIANTS [HELL, WE ALREADY BEAT EM ONCE]
Sun., Dec. 28, Noon @ New Orleans Saints [1-3, I DIDN'T REALIZE NEW ORLEANS STILL HAD A TEAM]
Updated, Junior Miller said he thought that the 'boys could beat Arizona and then split the next two (4-2), and then conceivably lose the next 10 straight games (finishing 4-12). He also said he wouldn't be surprised if the 'Boys were underdogs in all of those games. That isn't his prediction, mind you, just amplifying the "this schedule is so hard" point. So I updated this list. And frankly, I just don't know what the hell he is talking about. Yeah, we could go 0-10 for our last 10, but we could also go 6-4, 7-3, 10-0. Come on, parity sucks, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I look at the rest of the schedule and see four games where I think the 'Boys will get pummeled-@ Tampa Bay; Buffalo; at New England; and Miami. We're in any of the remaining games.

I think we could easily split with Phily and Washington. OK, that is 2 wins and 2 more losses. Assuming the win against Arizona, we are at 5 wins and 7 losses with 4 "wildcard" games. We are already at the win total of the last 3 years.

The 4 "wildcard" games are as follows: @ Detroit; Carolina; Giants; and @ New Orleans. Look at those games.

The two toughest games are at home. Carolina, coached by former Cowboy Jack Del Rio, is a surprising 3-0; I really think this team is good and might finish 9-7 or 10-6. But ithe game is at home and is certainly winnable. The Giants are probably going to come to Dallas and win, but there is no guarantee for them.

On the road, you have Detroit and New Orleans. Detroit is 1-3 and still pretty bad; their lone win was at home against Arizona. New Orleans is also 1-3 and just got embarassed on national television; their lone win was at home against Houston.

Let's play conservative and say we split the "wildcard games" at 2-2, which IMO is very reasonable. Rather than going 0-10, the 'boys go 4-6 and rounding out a season of 7-9 (pencilling in the Arizona win, which I shouldn't do). And I think that is conservative. Coincidentally, astute readers will recall this to be my season prediction a year ago. This team could easily go 8-8; it isn't out of the realm of possibility that this team goes 9-7. I go back to a statement that I made in the first paragraph:

"Parity sucks, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist."
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 11:59 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i was thinking the cowboys would end up 6-10 by looking at the schedule. I think philly will hit stride and sweep the 'boys. but, yeah, they could end up 8-8. It'll be difficult for them to pull off another 5-11 season no matter how hard they try
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:30 PM   #10
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
...but, yeah, they could end up 8-8. It'll be difficult for them to pull off another 5-11 season no matter how hard they try
You can tell the team playes better just by looking at them, Parcells is doin his job. They could end up having a winning season. This season isn't the one that is gonna count though....

MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote