Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-22-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road
Default Chiefs, Vikes, Seahawks, Colts: Who will fold?

I think this is a really interesting question....although I agree with most people that of the four 3-0 teams the Chiefs are the best, they also are in the toughest division, the AFC West, where they will be battling the Broncos and Raiders the rest of the way. I'd honestly have to say the Colts are the most vulnerable, because I think the Titans are a better team (yes, I know the Colts throttled them last weekend, but McNair was hurt early on).

Keep in mind that last season a lot of the teams that got off to hot starts didn't qualify for postseason play.
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #2
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

I thought the Colts would break through the last few years. I am off the bandwagon until they prove it in playoff time. Similar to Kevin Garnett and the Wolves. Although I wish many td's Edgerin James because he is on one of my fantasy teams[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

I would love to say the Vikes because I am not a believer in them yet. Although that division is just plain awful. I was never a big Green Bay fan before the season but they look worse then I thought. Their front office hasn't made any moves since Ron Wolf left and now it is catching up to them. The Bears are bad news and the Lions may be on the right track but are probably 2 years away. The Vikes may have a cake walk although I expect the Packers to put up at least some sort of a challenge.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:57 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Chiefs, Vikes, Seahawks, Colts: Who will fold?

when the colts have all 3 going (harrison, manning, james) they are tough. it also finally looks like they may have a #2 receiver... if wayne can keep it up. also, the addition of dallas clark will help that offense. running two TE sets. but it's the colts D that is the difference maker so far. they are much-improved.

i think the vikes will fold.

the seahawks finally look like they have it together. and they look tough.

KC has been an enigma the past years. high octane offense, but not producing wins. we'll see where that goes.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:59 PM   #4
ItalianMobbstah187

BBL.....great analysis....but check into the Chiefs defense, they have made a ton of upgrades this season.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:23 PM   #5
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I say Seahawks or Colts will lose first. KC has a great defense, and Minnesota has been outstanding.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 06:21 PM   #6
ItalianMobbstah187

So far Mavsfanatik's prediction looks pretty darn good....Chiefs and Vikes both won today, and I think the Saints are going to take out the Colts tonight at the Superdome....Seahawks have a bye week.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:40 AM   #7
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

uh, colts looked pretty damn convincing...
Old 09-29-2003, 10:46 AM   #8
ItalianMobbstah187

Yeah, the Colts put it to the Saints last night....you gotta believe Haslett is catching a lot of heat down in good ole' New Orleans.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:46 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

vikings aren't looking bad either... i could really care less about them though. i wish them nothing but failure the rest of the season
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #10
ItalianMobbstah187

Frerotte was unbelievable yesterday filling in for Culpepper....really magnifies the importance of having a great backup QB in the NFL.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:42 PM   #11
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

frerotte did play well, but geez, like he said in an interview, all he did was throw it up in the air to moss and moss made great plays.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:18 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

moss made some good plays..BUT, I give more blame to the 49ers' d'backs than i do to moss or gusF.

a several occasions, it appeared the d'backs just mis-timed their jumps or tried to pick the ball off instead of just knocking it away.

they were horrendous
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:34 PM   #13
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I will catch some slack on this one...

I say KC. Priest Holmes isn't going to average 200 yards on the season and still be heathly come playoff time, and I'm not a big fan of Trent Green. Don't get me wrong this team is defenitely headed in the right direction, and in a few years they will get their chance to be heavy favorites for a championship come playoff time.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:02 PM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

murph, great point about the DBs... they had no idea where the ball was. on one of the plays in the end zone, the DB got his hands up... about 20 seconds after moss made the catch. really bad.