Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-13-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Advice Please

I have three QBs in my fantasy team.

Tom Brady vs eagles
QCarr vs Giants
David Carr vs NO

Who should I play this week and why?

4 wide receivers and have to play two

Terrell owens
Keyshawn Johnson
Curtis Conway
Andre Johnson

4 rbs

Tiki Barber
Emmitt Smith
Jamal White
warrick dunn

Old 09-13-2003, 10:58 AM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Advice Please

Tom Brady for QB, no question.
Old 09-13-2003, 11:11 AM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Advice Please

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Tom Brady for QB, no question.
Last week his fantasy points were -4 whereas quincy and david carr scored 20+
Old 09-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That was a fluke. Play the percentages. Tom Brady was a killer fantasy player the last two years.

As for Wide receivers play Owens and Johnson... The only questionmark there is Johnson, but with them playing Carolina it should be a safe bet.

Your running backs, play Barber and Dunn... because they are better.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:46 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Thanks ark and u2

here is my lineup

QB: TOM BRADY
RB: TIKI, DUNN
WR: OWENS, KEYSHAWN JOHNSON
TE : SHANNON, SHARPE
DEF: NO

SUB: ANDRE JOHNSON
Old 09-13-2003, 11:32 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Advice Please

Brady is playing a great eagle d. And a hungry eagles team. Carr is a potential allpro at some point in his career and new orleans sometimes gets boared and don't beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Id play Carr.

Terell Owens is the best wideout in the game enough said. Normally Keyshawns not a good fantasy wideout just because he doesn't get in the endzone a lot, I have a feeling he will this week.

I wouldn't play dunn because falcons don't play him a lot and he will be facing eight men in the box with doug johnson at qb . Note over half of atlantas rushing yards were via vick. Emmit while old can still be a productive second back. And of course tiki at home against the cowboys enough said. Last year the giants blew the cowboys out 37-7.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 11:46 PM   #7
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

They have a show on fox sports right now

Ultimate Fantasy Football
Old 09-14-2003, 09:07 PM   #8
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice Please

Too bad the wrong Jamal was on your list MFF [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2003, 09:46 PM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Actually I won my matchup already and I still have Tiki Barber to play tomorrow.

Luckily I did not play the person who had Jamal. Jamal scored like 64 fantasy points.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:23 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Please

That Brady pick is genius now huh?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:23 AM   #11
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Yep. Brady had 32 fantasy points. he was instrumental in my victory.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:34 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Advice Please

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

What about Quincy? Now I have a good tradeable asset to get some depth in my running back position. I have 13 days to trade him though.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:26 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Advice Please

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

What about Quincy? Now I have a good tradeable asset to get some depth in my running back position. I have 13 days to trade him though.

You know for a minute there I thought you had the Raven's Jamal lol.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:05 AM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Advice Please

Just got Ahman Green for Quincy. Cannot believe this. Just love the homers.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:12 AM   #15
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default Advice Please

Whoever made that trade is an idiot.
What did they have at QB before the trade?
Old 09-19-2003, 12:16 AM   #16
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Brad, Johnson
Kordell Stewert
Old 09-19-2003, 12:17 AM   #17
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default Advice Please

what did he have a RB?
Old 09-19-2003, 12:24 AM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Advice Please

Davenport,Najeh
Pittman,Michael
Williams,Moe
Thomas,Anthony
Ahman Green

I also gave emmitt with quincy for Ahman.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:25 AM   #19
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default Advice Please

yup, that guy is really an idiot. You just pulled off a great deal my friend.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:51 AM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god i wish i had a guy like that in my league... someone tht i could fleece... geez!

on the note of advice, though...

i pretty locked on all my starters this week, except my WR/RB flex position.

should I go with

Eddie George (against NO)
or
Darrell Jackson (against STL)

the titans don't use george as much if they get down early... jackson had a great game last week, but that was with koren robinson out of the lineup.

any advice?
Old 09-19-2003, 08:19 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Default Advice Please

I'd still go with George.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:33 AM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, it's hard to start a WR over a RB, cause RBs are guaranteed to touch the ball... but the titans have just not looked good running the ball lately. if they get down, they put in robert holcombe (better receiver out of the backfield).
Old 09-19-2003, 08:42 AM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Default Advice Please

Always always always start a RB over a WR, unless you are dealing with superstars (Ex. Kevin Faulk vs Terrell Owens).
Old 09-19-2003, 09:20 AM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but the titans are just so damn frustrating lately.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:06 PM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

totally forgot mcnair is nursing that hurt finger. titans may try to run a lot this week.

that just cements the decision. eddie it is.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #26
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default Advice Please

Quote:
Just got Ahman Green for Quincy. Cannot believe this. Just love the homers.
And this trade actually approved by your league without the commisioner vetoed it? You must be playing with a bunch of rookies. I tried to offered C. garner and Amani Toomer for A. green in my league and the guy said "HELL NO".

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:47 PM   #27
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, that trade may be one of the most lopsided in Fantasy football history. definitely a league of rookies and homers.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:04 PM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Heck.. the league I'm in I tried to trade Erik Parker and Michael Pittman for Priest Holmes. I did this in jest, and the guy accepted!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

The commisioner not only vetoed it, he locked my account.

No warning or anything.

It sucked.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:44 PM   #29
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I had Anquan Boldin and just traded him for Garrison Hearst/James Thrash. No way in Hell a Rookie on The Arizona squad is going to constantly put up numbers like that week in and week out when he starts getting double covered, so I traded when he was high. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But damn, I can't get past that Green for Quincy trade. *in total shock*

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:07 PM   #30
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Advice Please

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
yeah, that trade may be one of the most lopsided in Fantasy football history. definitely a league of rookies and homers.
I had to include emmitt with qcarr. This guy has games each week and is showing some signs of frustration and he lost the games bcos he started Kordell Stewart. Emmitt will get him 6-10 points each game and quincy will give him 15-20 points each game. Ahman Green will also do the same get you between 15-20 points.

Old 09-19-2003, 08:50 PM   #31
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

I am having problem deciding on my defense this week.

I have NO - vs tenessee.
and Raiders- vs broncos.

Old 09-19-2003, 09:20 PM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Default Advice Please

Quote:
I am having problem deciding on my defense this week.

I have NO - vs tenessee.
and Raiders- vs broncos.
Dude.... Raiders. No doubt about it.

Book it.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:59 PM   #33
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default Advice Please

Raiders, Plummer will keep getting picked off.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:51 AM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, as it turns out, i should have been debating whether or not to start darrell jackson over deuce mcallister... i started eddie, and he had a good game. deuce was non-existent.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:39 PM   #35
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

If you have deuce mcallistor, you have to start him. He cannot be cold entire season. One of these days he will explode for 3 td 200 yards.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:46 PM   #36
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default Advice Please

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Raiders, Plummer will keep getting picked off.
I guess I was proved wrong on that one
Old 09-23-2003, 08:56 PM   #37
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

It did not matter Fahq. The guy I played against had Clinton Portis, Rich Gannon, Curtis Martin. I won by a good margin.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:25 PM   #38
Fah Q
Golden Member

Default Advice Please

Quote:
It did not matter Fahq. The guy I played against had Clinton Portis, Rich Gannon, Curtis Martin. I won by a good margin.
I guess so, but on most weeks I would be pretty afraid of those 3.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #39
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Default Advice Please

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
I guess so, but on most weeks I would be pretty afraid of those 3.
You are right. That is the very reason I was scared till the end. I was hoping they do not put Clinton Portis back and then I was hoping Rich Gannon does not engineer a comeback.

Anyway things fell into place by luck.

Looking at next week, I think Troy Hambrick may be a good pick as a backup RB.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:20 AM   #40
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Default Advice Please

Quote:
If you have deuce mcallistor, you have to start him. He cannot be cold entire season. One of these days he will explode for 3 td 200 yards.
i know. i start deuce every week, and will continue to do so.

i was just saying, as it turned out, i would have been better off starting jackson instead of deuce, which i didn't even remotely consider doing.