Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suicide

A guy that i knew committed suicide last night. We were friends but not very close. However one of my best friends was his best friend and they were like brothers. I dont know what was going on to drive him to this. All I can say is that if anyone ever considers committing suicide DONT. Aside from the obvious problem of it not solving anything, it puts your loved ones through an immense amount of pain. No matter how bad you think it is or if you think no one loves you, someone does. They are the ones who will have to go through the pain of your death. Obviously i dont think anyone on here is thinking about committing suicide or anything but i dont know. this just sucks... His name was Josh Easly. I ask that everyone would pray for his family and my friend phillip. Stuff like this really puts into perspective the pointlessness of some of the things we argue.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Aside from the obvious problem of it not solving anything, it puts your loved ones through an immense amount of pain. No matter how bad you think it is or if you think no one loves you, someone does. They are the ones who will have to go through the pain of your death.
This is why I've always believed suicide to be a selfish action. No one is an island.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Condolences and prayers. Suicide most certainly hurts those left behind.....for a long time.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear the news bro
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that 5-0. Give my thoughts to your best bud, Philip. I'm sure he's hurting a ton.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear this 5-0, I wish your friend the best. Suicide is such an unfortunate thing.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the support guys. One thing i again want to point out to anyone who reads this and might think about suicide, go get help. Dont committ suicide. Call SOMEONE. I dont care what your situation is. I dont care who dumped you, i dont care how much money you owe someone and i dont care who you owe it to, suicide is not the answer. The thing about this is josh has always been a really happy guy. I wish i had known he felt like this and like i said we werent that close. I can only imagine how Phillip feels. I mean they had been best friends since they were 4.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:55 AM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

My father committed suicide when I was a small child. It's a terrible thing. That kind of pain never goes away. Ever. My condolences.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

My heart reaches out to you and your friend. I know a top-notch counselor in the Ft. Worth area if anyone needs some help. Take care.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #11
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
My father committed suicide when I was a small child. It's a terrible thing. That kind of pain never goes away. Ever. My condolences.
I'm sorry to hear that. I have a close relative who attempted suicide. All he could say after he was revived was that he wanted to die and he didn't care if it hurt his family immensely.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #12
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a lot of experience with this. My only first hand experience comes from a guy that I grew up with all through my Kindergarten-Junior High years that committed suicide in early High School, (9th grade I believe). His name was Seth Cunningham. He was a very "cool" guy. One of the most popular guys in school. His family was plenty wealthy and he seemed to have everything he wanted. It was amazing when he did it because all I can remember thinking was "geez, if anyone was gonna commit suicide it would be me - this guy had everything he ever wanted". It was just impossible for me to understand how he would think his life was bad enough to kill himself.

I wasn't a good friend of his; in fact I had only been to his house once and only spoke to him occasionally. With that said, it affected me a good bit and definitely hurt everyone he was friends with. His mother was an art teacher at the Elementary school in my home town and I haven't seen her since. I can't imagine what it did to her and her family. It is just crazy sometimes because you never know what is going through the head of someone that decides to make that mistake. To me, it never matters how bad it is, it is never bad enough to do this.

A story like this could continue discussion in the politcal thread regarding the fate of individuals like this, but all I will say is God bless the family and friends of anyone that does this. They need the help right now and I hope they are all strong enough to make it through all of this.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

My condolences...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:56 AM   #14
King NikateeN

King NikateeN is on a distinguished road

One of my best friends commited suicide last year over a female, i couldnt believe it when i found out, the worst part is the last time i talked to him we were on bad terms cuzz i didnt want him bringin around that same female, life is trippy and can be over at anytime, gotta stay positive through everything in life.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Not to mention when you committ suicide that's a first class ticket to hell. Why? Is life on earth so bad that you'd rather go to hell? I don't think people factor that in when they committ suicide.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Contrary to some Christina doctrines, there is no documetation of any sort, including the Bible, that indicate suicide is punishable by hell. I do not know about other religion's stance on this matter.

Suicide is the not "the unpardonable sin".
Old 01-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Not to mention when you committ suicide that's a first class ticket to hell. Why? Is life on earth so bad that you'd rather go to hell? I don't think people factor that in when they committ suicide.
Oh, so you know these things? Better than the rest of us?

A life wasted is a terrible thing. But, unlike something so obscure and intangible as religion, it is indisputable. Please don't burden a discussion like this with talk of heaven and hell.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
Five-ofan
Guru

Im not god so i dont know where people who commit suicide go and i havent read anything in the bible that tells me where they are going(catholic faith aside) so i will choose to believe hes going to heaven...
Old 01-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #19
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

A few years ago. I considered killing myself. I was in incredible physical back pain. Surgeries were only making the pain worse.

I went broke and had to declare bankruptcy.

Nonetheless, I am doing much better and have been very honest about the night I considered committing suicide to help others who may be in the same frame of mind.

If anyone on this message board goes through a similar period of time, PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT. I WILL CALL YOU BACK AND TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND HOW TO DEAL WITH THE MOMENTARY TEMPTATION TO END IT ALL AS A MEANS TO DEAL WITH IMMENSE PAIN, WHETHER IT BE PHYSICAL OR EMOTIONAL.

God bless to all,

BSR
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #20
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

As far as the whole heaven/hell thing goes, people used to think any sin committed after baptism couldn't be forgiven. Thus many deathbed baptisms were made as well as baptisms for those about to depart for war.

Furthermore, in a certain light, a suicide can be considered to be the same as murder.

Put those two together and the conclusion is an automatic trip to hell.

But I don't think the first idea is all too common anymore, so the point is moot.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's your basis for saying this?
Old 01-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #22
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Furthermore, in a certain light, a suicide can be considered to be the same as murder.

Put those two together and the conclusion is an automatic trip to hell.

But I don't think the first idea is all too common anymore, so the point is moot.
I can see your point in thinking that suicide is the same as murder in a sense, and I'd agree with that, but someone who murders someone can still be forgiven if he genuinely asked for forgiveness. If the guy was a Christian, his sin will be forgiven. That's the way I see it, being a Christian.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, because the point of the thread was to discuss the harmful effects suicide can have, but I felt this comment needed to be responded to.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #23
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Crap, can we just throw all that religion stuff out for a while. Just mourn the death dammit.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #24
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

wow Five-O, I'm sorry to hear about that. suicide is such an awful thing. my dad's best friend's son committed suicide when he was a senior in high school. he had gone out on the Saturday night before Easter and came home at 5 am Easter morning. his parents were of course incredibly angry when he got home. he said he had been too drunk to drive so he left his car at a friends and walked several miles home. his mom and dad told him to go to bed and they would discuss things when they got home from church. when they got home they found him hanging in his closet. can you imagine having to think about that every Easter Sunday? so unfortunate. my uncle has tried 3 times to kill himself, but has been unsuccessful. I just don't get it. I will definitely be praying for you and your friend and the family of the guy who did this!

and spiral, I'm sorry that you had to deal with that, and I'm sure that is a pain that will never go away! I can't imagine how awful that would be to live with.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
That is totally bad form. Whether you are referring to catholic doctrine or whatever that certainly does not belong in this thread that seeks therapy, understanding and comfort. Please sir...edit this post and do not burden this thread with that kind of post again. I most certainly am not trying to belittle you here as I think you did not mean to hurt anyone, but this post was harmful to some of our brethren here. Please....edit the post.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-22-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #26
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
That is totally bad form. Whether you are referring to catholic doctrine or whatever that certainly does not belong in this thread that seeks therapy, understanding and comfort. Please sir...edit this post and do not burden this thread with that kind of post again. I most certainly am not trying to belittle you here as I think you did not mean to hurt anyone, but this post was harmful to some of our brethren here. Please....edit the post.
let me get this straight...

you tell a poster to "edit the post" while you quote the aforementioned post, which will maintain the aforementioned post on the board even if the poster edits theirs?

brilliant.

doctor, edit thyself.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #27
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

*** CAUTION. This is a somewhat graphic story.

A few years back, (I think we were 20 or 21), my friend and I were hangin out at this guys house drinking, and it was late, and he had just broken up with his girlfiend. He smoked, and we do not, so he would go out into the garage and smoke. He was pretty depressed and he had been out there for a while so we went out to be with him. We open the door to the garage and he's swinging from a noose he made, tied to the metal garage door frame on the ceiling. Luckily he didn't know anything much about how to really hang yourself and dropping and whatnot, and that my other friend is a big guy. He was able to hold the guy up and I was able to cut the rope in time.

Thankfully, everything was ok, and it still is now 4 years later.It's an experience that I will always remember very vividly. I was lucky in this instance to be able to help. my thoughts and prayers go out to you Five-o and spiral.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-23-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
let me get this straight...

you tell a poster to "edit the post" while you quote the aforementioned post, which will maintain the aforementioned post on the board even if the poster edits theirs?

brilliant.

doctor, edit thyself.
dipshit. Yes....and when he edits it so will I but I know your little brain could not comprehend that wonderful step of progression.

Stuck on stupid in every forum.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #29
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

nice backtrack.

it would be WAY too difficult for you to go ahead and edit the post to remove the quote...

as they say, "stupid is as stupid does.."

keep up the good work.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #30
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Take the fire and brimstone somewhere else. It's got no relevance or base of scripture to even bring it up.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
nice backtrack.

it would be WAY too difficult for you to go ahead and edit the post to remove the quote...

as they say, "stupid is as stupid does.."

keep up the good work.
You are very clearly mentally retarded. There is no backtrack....only injected mavdork stupidity into a thread where is was not warranted. But I know how you like to hang off my nuts.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 AM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
You are very clearly mentally retarded. There is no backtrack....only injected mavdork stupidity into a thread where is was not warranted. But I know how you like to hang off my nuts.
Talk about "bad form." If it was "harmful to some of our brethren here," why did you choose to rub salt in the wound by quoting it?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #33
Drbio
Banned

Are you two really that stupid? Do you not understand that you can edit a post? Once he edits it I can as well.

Dear Lord you two work real hard at being an asshole.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Look out that window.....
Old 02-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #35
Five-ofan
Guru

ok im having to deal with this issue WAY too much right now. A friend of mine sent me a text message today saying she did something bad and she wanted to die and so on. I talked to her for a while and she said she didnt really mean it, but the thing is, seeing as how i just went through this junk(and she happens to be a really close friend) i was undecided as to whether i should call her parents or whether I should let her work with it in her own way. I really dont think she will kill herself BUT even if theres a .0001% chance, if it actually happened id never forgive myself. I am way too young to be dealing with this stuff... So one of you adults im asking you, which should i do? betray one of my best friends confidence and call her parents(who are like a second family to me) or keep her confidence and keep talking to her myself. And my proffessors wonder why it seems like my concentration is wavering.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 02-20-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #36
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
ok im having to deal with this issue WAY too much right now. A friend of mine sent me a text message today saying she did something bad and she wanted to die and so on. I talked to her for a while and she said she didnt really mean it, but the thing is, seeing as how i just went through this junk(and she happens to be a really close friend) i was undecided as to whether i should call her parents or whether I should let her work with it in her own way. I really dont think she will kill herself BUT even if theres a .0001% chance, if it actually happened id never forgive myself. I am way too young to be dealing with this stuff... So one of you adults im asking you, which should i do? betray one of my best friends confidence and call her parents(who are like a second family to me) or keep her confidence and keep talking to her myself. And my proffessors wonder why it seems like my concentration is wavering.
If not her parents, tell somebody. A crisis counselor or clergyman or somebody.

It already sounds like too much for you to deal with on your own. But that's to be expected... especially since you've just been through the ringer with your other friend.

Get help. Working out feelings of betrayal is manageable vs. the other thing.

Hang in there yo.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #37
Five-ofan
Guru

so after talking to her for another hour, i found out why she is so down and its gonna result in either me or her dad doing something pretty bad. Shes not gonna do the suicide thing, im quite confident of that now. Now im more worried that im going to go to jail for beating the shit out of someone.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 02-20-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #38
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

5-0 you should talk to a trained counselor to help you deal with this. There is a national hotline for people who may suspect that someone they know is considering suicide. I have never called it, but my understanding is that they have trained counselors on staff to help in situations like this. Here is the phone #214-828-1000. There is also a counseling center on campus (you are a TCU student, right?). My advice is to consult one of the counselors and get the guidance you need from those trained in these situations. Follow the advice of the professionals and you will be fine.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #39
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
5-0 you should talk to a trained counselor to help you deal with this. There is a national hotline for people who may suspect that someone they know is considering suicide. I have never called it, but my understanding is that they have trained counselors on staff to help in situations like this. Here is the phone #214-828-1000. There is also a counseling center on campus (you are a TCU student, right?). My advice is to consult one of the counselors and get the guidance you need from those trained in these situations. Follow the advice of the professionals and you will be fine.
im an shsu student but yeah ill call some people. I dont think shes considering suicide anymore though to be completely safe(because i would never forgive myself) ill still call. thanks for the help.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #40
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

My best friend in all the world committed suicide today.

Peace at last for you, my dearest friend, and I will always love you.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote