Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'll have to respectfully disagree. You're getting him for what he can give you now and for what he can potentially give you in the future. To me, he's a guy who has been a great change of pace backup and has performed well in opportunities where he's been given more or actually started.

Last year (per 36 mins): 15.9 points, 7.2 assists with 46% shooting from the field. You can look at the stretch he had to finish the year, actual starter minutes with Lowry out and he averaged around 17 points, 7.7 assists with 48% shooting and 37% shooting from range. He saw a nice uptick in PER, as well.

I think he needs work from three-point land, but he's a fearless guy who will attack the basket.

He still needs more grooming, but I'm sold he's worth the money.
definitely. I've been keeping an eye on him ever since his phoenix days. I always felt that he was a hard working player and every time he stepped on the court he would change the pace. He was just hindered by limited minutes and backing up one of the best PGs of the league. He can create his own shots (both inside and outside), had flashes of steve nash's passing, played smart, and was active in the defensive end. I saw his 23 point 4th quarter performance against the spurs in the playoffs, and I saw him dismantle the Lakers last season (because my brother's a Lakers fan). How many point guards in the league can you name that can almost single handedly shred the Lakers defense, inside and out?

Last edited by NoTnERb; 07-03-2012 at 11:42 PM.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker