Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2021, 11:41 AM   #1641
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post

I agree.......but are we convinced that this team can't get a John Collins and a point guard who can take the load off of Luka? I like the thought of building a team with Collins and his age then I Do the 30 year olds.

I think in order to get Collins and another capable guard it ends up be dependent on SnT. We barely have enough space to sign one guy and even that is not clear yet. We don't know if JRich is going to actually free up that additional 11M or not.

The question to me is, does new FO think we need a big or another multi-tool guard more. Cuban has said he realizes the biggest need is getting a guard to help Luka is the highest priority. I guess if he is throwing his opinion around on the matter, the positive is at least it's not wrong on this one. IMO.

I'm not worried about age in getting Luka help. Luka might as well be a 30 yr old himself in regards of maturity and BBIQ. The only concern regarding age is will their contract outlast their production? That's my only concern. It doesn't even have to be a PG.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2021, 12:02 AM   #1642
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This team has like 19mill in cap

If we want one max guy, we already either need a SNT or THJ to sign elsewhere.

If we want a max guy and another guy over the MLE, we’d need a miracle
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:15 AM   #1643
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
This team has like 19mill in cap

If we want one max guy, we already either need a SNT or THJ to sign elsewhere.

If we want a max guy and another guy over the MLE, we’d need a miracle
Well, One max guy would require *us* not re-signing THJ but also JRich declining.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:35 AM   #1644
SMC0007
Guru

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2021/07/...mpression=true

Cool read from an interview with Tim Sr about the Mavs and THJ.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:36 AM   #1645
SMC0007
Guru

Dp

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-08-2021 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #1646
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Front page of ESPN: How Jae Crowder became the player every team wants and needs.

Oops

Last edited by JustJay; 07-08-2021 at 10:45 AM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #1647
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

double

Last edited by JustJay; 07-08-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:08 AM   #1648
SMC0007
Guru

Greg Popovich on Luka-

“He’s a spectacular player, as we all know. He is one of the best players in the world, and I emphasize, in the world. He showed himself early on in Europe, and he was a fast study in the NBA, for sure. He’s fun to watch. His skills, his competitiveness, his size, his innate basketball IQ is so impressive. You put four hard-working people around him, and you’ve got a hell of a team, and that is what they have. They are also aggressive, execute well, the coaching staff is very committed, everybody wants to win, and nobody wants to win any more than Luka. I’m sure he’s very happy right now, and he’ll continue to compete at a high level without any doubt.”

Old 07-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #1649
SMC0007
Guru

Greg Popovich on Luka-

“He’s a spectacular player, as we all know. He is one of the best players in the world, and I emphasize, in the world. He showed himself early on in Europe, and he was a fast study in the NBA, for sure. He’s fun to watch. His skills, his competitiveness, his size, his innate basketball IQ is so impressive. You put four hard-working people around him, and you’ve got a hell of a team, and that is what they have. They are also aggressive, execute well, the coaching staff is very committed, everybody wants to win, and nobody wants to win any more than Luka. I’m sure he’s very happy right now, and he’ll continue to compete at a high level without any doubt.”

Old 07-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #1650
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Greg Popovich on Luka-

Respect for Pop for saying that about a Dallas Mav.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:53 AM   #1651
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Greg Popovich on Luka-

Didn't work for the Mavs, but Luka damn near carried such a team past the Clippers.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:58 AM   #1652
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Didn't work for the Mavs, but Luka damn near carried such a team past the Clippers.
If THJ and Porzingis were just their normal selves the entire series we win.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:09 PM   #1653
JustJay

Keep seeing opinion articles about how Conley/Dallas is a good match.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:09 PM   #1654
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
If THJ and Porzingis were just their normal selves the entire series we win.
Yep, especially KP. Bubble KP gets us to the west finals at the very least. Such a shame...

Old 07-08-2021, 12:15 PM   #1655
JustJay

Quote:
Yep, especially KP. Bubble KP gets us to the west finals at the very least. Such a shame...
THJ was 68% from 3 the first 3 games, then 19% the last 4. Talk about shrinking under pressure.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:24 PM   #1656
JustJay

Wonder if the Bulls would be interested in Lauri Markkanen sign and trade. He's restricted.

We'd have to move KP for that to work though.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-08-2021 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:46 PM   #1657
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
THJ was 68% from 3 the first 3 games, then 19% the last 4. Talk about shrinking under pressure.
I've hammered that home ad nauseam. I'd like to see a different direction from THJ, but I'm not sure he is to blame. Rick's system somehow has every B squad guy suffer from the same effect. Great game one night, vanishing act the next. Guys just weren't comfortable in the system. How else can one explain such inconsistencies?

Old 07-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #1658
JustJay

Quote:
I've hammered that home ad nauseam. I'd like to see a different direction from THJ, but I'm not sure he is to blame. Rick's system somehow has every B squad guy suffer from the same effect. Great game one night, vanishing act the next. Guys just weren't comfortable in the system. How else can one explain such inconsistencies?
I'm not a Rick defender, I was glad to see him gone but I'm not sure THJ has shown to be consistent in his entire career. I mean if he was good the Hawks would have matched and he would have never been a Knick. Then the Knicks wouldn't have forced him upon us to take KP.

There's blame to go around.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-08-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #1659
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm not so high on Conley Jr. here. I see the connection, but he's older and seemingly getting injured every year lately. Cost? Any where near his last contract and it's an easy no. Especially if KP is still here and you would be hoping for two big time healthy seasons out of those guys. KP at least has age on his side...

Still wanting Derozan given the current structure of the team. I'm understanding of the fact that we have to inquire and listen in on the big fish FA, but I'm also so tired of swinging and missing. Let's get some consistent talent around Luka.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #1660
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm not so high on Conley Jr. here. I see the connection, but he's older and seemingly getting injured every year lately. Cost? Any where near his last contract and it's an easy no. Especially if KP is still here and you would be hoping for two big time healthy seasons out of those guys. KP at least has age on his side...

Still wanting Derozan given the current structure of the team. I'm understanding of the fact that we have to inquire and listen in on the big fish FA, but I'm also so tired of swinging and missing. Let's get some consistent talent around Luka.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:50 PM   #1661
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
We had 1 guy who consistently worked hard around Luka. Dorian.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:54 PM   #1662
JustJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

Well let's say we miss on Derozan and Kawhi and a few others. Do we want practically the same team as last year? I don't. There's very few really good players available heck THJ was listed as the #9 free agent on a list I saw. I agree though we better not be giving Conley the max but I'd give him THJ's 19 million. Sometimes you got to roll the dice because there's not a better alternative. Not trying to compare the two but Kidd was older than Conley when we traded for him although yes Kidd was less injury prone.

Put it this way if we chose THJ over Conley I'd be upset. If we landed Derozan over Conley I would not be upset.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-08-2021 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:55 PM   #1663
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I'm not a Rick defender, I was glad to see him gone but I'm not sure THJ has shown to be consistent in his entire career. I mean if he was good the Hawks would have matched and he would have never been a Knick. Then the Knicks wouldn't have forced him upon us to take KP.

There's blame to go around.

If you listen to and believe Tim Sr. The Mavs originally were after THJ, Not KP. It just ended up that way. Idk if he was forced upon us. I could buy that we weren't think KP would be available so it was about THJ.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #1664
JustJay

Quote:
If you listen to and believe Tim Sr. The Mavs originally were after THJ, Not KP. It just ended up that way. Idk if he was forced upon us. I could buy that we weren't think KP would be available so it was about THJ.
I may buy that just because we were wanting to get rid of DSJ. Anyway just my opinion THJ is not a 20 million dollar player. If we could re-sign him for 10-12 million I'd be more willing to accept that. But I don't believe that will happen.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #1665
SMC0007
Guru

I'm not even going to include Kawhi, but if we miss on Demar then the next logical step for me personally would be move on to Ball and Portis.

Conley rumors stem from the old MBT trying to get him in the past, not sure who Kidd and Nico will be after. I would love to tap their phones and meeting rooms to hear their brainstorm sessions on FA and trade ideas.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #1666
SMC0007
Guru

double postenetration

Last edited by SMC0007; 07-08-2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:14 PM   #1667
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I may buy that just because we were wanting to get rid of DSJ. Anyway just my opinion THJ is not a 20 million dollar player. If we could re-sign him for 10-12 million I'd be more willing to accept that. But I don't believe that will happen.
Yea, no way he likes it here THAT much. I think he is a 20M player for certain teams, like a more balanced team that can afford for him to slump for 2 weeks at a time. We have a massive need for his position to be able to mix up his game offensively, especially if he isn't contributing defensively. We are in no position to just have a streaky sharp shooter. We were so desperate for that guy that we traded one of the best spot shooters in the game (Curry for JRich).

Old 07-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #1668
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
We had 1 guy who consistently worked hard around Luka. Dorian.
I don't agree with that. Effort wasn't really the problem outside of KP. Sure, they were inconsistent in their performances, but I didn't see a widespread lack of trying.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #1669
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I don't agree with that. Effort wasn't really the problem outside of KP. Sure, they were inconsistent in their performances, but I didn't see a widespread lack of trying.
Eh, I guess I just don't believe THJ couldn't mix his game up more and be more aggressive when his shots stopped falling. Maxi produced absolutely nothing after game 3. he was terrible at pretty much everything. KP not even worth mentioning. I guess if we are considering Boban one of the 4 other guys around Luka he gave solid effort.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:33 PM   #1670
SMC0007
Guru

Sean Sweeney is likely to be one of Jkidd assistants. He was a large part of Giannis growth. Probably had influence on C Wood too. I think our player development is going be be upgraded going forward and thats a welcoming sign. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the players giving good reviews about the staff once we get the team back together. WCS, Green,Terry, KP, Bey all have plenty of room to grow and hopefully the new leaders will push the right buttons with them.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:49 PM   #1671
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Eh, I guess I just don't believe THJ couldn't mix his game up more and be more aggressive when his shots stopped falling. Maxi produced absolutely nothing after game 3. he was terrible at pretty much everything. KP not even worth mentioning. I guess if we are considering Boban one of the 4 other guys around Luka he gave solid effort.
Isn't it weird though that most everyone stopped producing after game 3? That reeks of a coaching problem as much as anything.

It's funny because KP was one of the few that actually did decently well in game 4.

But I still don't think production and effort are always in the same boat. Just didn't have the talent and coaching to get through.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:54 PM   #1672
JustJay

We have to give the opponents some credit too. The Clippers played very well when it looked like the series was over.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:17 PM   #1673
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Isn't it weird though that most everyone stopped producing after game 3? That reeks of a coaching problem as much as anything.

It's funny because KP was one of the few that actually did decently well in game 4.

But I still don't think production and effort are always in the same boat. Just didn't have the talent and coaching to get through.
I give the Clips a ton of credit. I think they are Champs if Kawhi didn't miss those games.

I agree effort and production aren't always directly connected. There's Gray area between them where intangible plays happen, taking charges, hockey assists, defense etc.. you either believe they had nothing else to give or not. I think that's where coaching staff (not just x and o) can help.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #1674
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Interesting older article I found about our new assistant coach Sean Sweeney. Gives an interesting perspective on his relationship with Giannis and how well they got along. Reminds me of Mosley and Luka and perhaps shows that you don't just automatically promote those guys because they are pals.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2018/...ch-dwane-casey

Old 07-08-2021, 06:13 PM   #1675
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Mosley going to be the next coach of the Magic. Happy for him. Deserves it.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #1676
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy for Mosley. I figured he was gone when the Sweeney hiring broke because Sweeney is a defensive guy as well.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:19 PM   #1677
JustJay

It's obvious to me are Ayton or Trae Young better than Luka in a vacuum? Nope, but their teams are better than Luka's team. They said in the pre-show of Game 2 that Booker will end up being the greatest Sun ever and he very well might the only debate would be Nash or Barkley. CP3 is somewhere around a top 10 pg of all time. They even got guys like Bridges and Cam Johnson that actually hits 3s and plays defense. Crowder brings toughness. I think the Suns showed how good they could be when they went 8-0 in the bubble and then added CP3.

Having said that about Luka vs Ayton vs Trae neither the Suns or Hawks flubbed on their picks. Ayton is better than I thought he would be he reminds me of David Robinson sorta. This is not a Center's league anymore but some are just so good they work in any era.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-08-2021 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:45 PM   #1678
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
It's obvious to me are Ayton or Trae Young better than Luka in a vacuum? Nope, but their teams are better than Luka's team. They said in the pre-show of Game 2 that Booker will end up being the greatest Sun ever and he very well might the only debate would be Nash or Barkley. CP3 is somewhere around a top 10 pg of all time. They even got guys like Bridges and Cam Johnson that actually hits 3s and plays defense. Crowder brings toughness. I think the Suns showed how good they could be when they went 8-0 in the bubble and then added CP3.

Having said that about Luka vs Ayton vs Trae neither the Suns or Hawks flubbed on their picks. Ayton is better than I thought he would be he reminds me of David Robinson sorta. This is not a Center's league anymore but some are just so good they work in any era.
I think CP3 is probably a top 10 PG OAT. But what holds him back are his flops and snake moves. He's a bitch going all the way back to the Pelican days early on.

I agree that it's not a centers league anymore. But When a really good one comes around it will take the league a long time to catch up. Embiid,Jocic, healthy AD are still dominant.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:18 AM   #1679
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Cp3 is one of the most under rated players of all time, at least by fans. He has always been one of the best defensive players in the league. Booker is not better than Nash or Barkley. That's absurd.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:28 AM   #1680
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Keep seeing opinion articles about how Conley/Dallas is a good match.
Yes, 3-4 years ago. :-/

Last edited by turin; 07-09-2021 at 07:36 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack.kerr aucks