Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default Indiana trying to trade Ford

..okk so we really have no use for him alone. But Indiana has a lot of young talent at almost every position that theyr are trying to play and develop.

So why not offer them a package and see what heppens...

Josh
JJ
Williams and Carroll

FOR

Murphy (can play the 5 and would def. give us some more O there, also can play the 4 when Dirk is sitting)

Ford ( back up point...slashing and different speed, similar to what Barea brings, but maybe a little better and D)

Jones (can play the SG and play great D)

(Indiana saves money and the only guy they will be on the jook for is JJ who can be their back up or 3rd)

...Also theres a few players we can switch around on out side without giving up and major pieces

Last edited by AO41; 01-04-2010 at 09:37 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Ford at 8.5 million per, will be the third string PG with the Pacers, to move this guy Indiana will have to move mountains....On the topic of the trade too much extended contracts for my liking....I am sure the Mavs can do a lot better with Josh and JJ...a lot better.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Maybe but we are getting quality guys in 3 diff. position here and even more depth. So Idk and the Josh IMO will have to play really well to get his value back up.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Josh may have more value as an expiring contract at this point. Murphy would help because you have to guard him on the perimeter. unfortunately JJ is about our only drive and kick guy. and Dirk and Murphy defensively upfront is less than ideal. but he would give us scoring and toughness off the bench. those are some big contracts to swallow though and JJ=TJ at this point for alot less.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
dayman

dayman will become famous soon enough

i dont know if i would like to give up on josh just yet...i still want to see him in the starting line up, but TJ has shown in the past he can be dynamic. Maybe if we could get him along with some other pieces it might not be a bad trade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzCYvZpvqKc
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us...... It's science.
dayman is offline   Reply With Quote